Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

girls WHY are we manifesting any leaked songs on ldr8... especially when we've already heard 5 of the probably 15-20 songs :air2: leave the rest as a surprise!!

Agree. We already have Cherry Blossom & Thunder. I don't mind  having them on the album& ngl I'm excited to hear Thunder within the new album but yeah 2 unreleased leaked songs are enough. Would be nice if the rest of the songs would be a surprise. Manifesting that & Dealer ofc:gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

2 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Agree. We already have Cherry Blossom & Thunder. I don't mind  having them on the album& ngl I'm excited to hear Thunder within the new album but yeah 2 unreleased leaked songs are enough. Would be nice if the rest of the songs would be a surprise. Manifesting that & Dealer ofc:gurl:

exactly :gurl: excited to hear cherry blossom and thunder within the record, don't need any more unreleased though!!!

i just like surprises and also i'm super interested to hear songs she wrote RECENTLY, since they give us some perspective of where she's at in her life and her current thoughts and feelings which i love

sUcVobB.png

Of all her unreleased, the one I think has ? lyrics is Fine China. This album has some incredible lyrics so far, but :

- not sure it would fit the album;

- Rick isn’t on BB;

- and yeah, two already heard songs is “enough” for an album. Can’t wait to hear Thunder in HQ and the final version of Cherry Blossom. 

3 hours ago, WhiteHot4ever said:

You people: Thunder, Cherry blo..

i beg:  say yes to heaven reworked (again)

And I say: FINE CHINA REWORKED/REMASTERED WITH NEW VOCALS AND NEW INSTRUMENTAL

49 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Of all her unreleased, the one I think has ? lyrics is Fine China. This album has some incredible lyrics so far, but :

- not sure it would fit the album;

- Rick isn’t on BB;

- and yeah, two already heard songs is “enough” for an album. Can’t wait to hear Thunder in HQ and the final version of Cherry Blossom. 

- I think with a more updated production it would, but lyrically I'm not really sure (too depressing)

- by now... (manifesting)

- We have Thunder in lossless, but yeah, while we can't really complain about her putting them in the album (the songs weren't meant for us to hear, we did it illegally and without her consent), it would be nice if there were more completely unknown songs.

Okay...how many of you flops wants Fine China? I can't with y'all wanting leaked songs on the new album. 

Will you never learn? Y'all dragged TNBAR to filth because she reworked it. It was a filler on NFR. Y'all are gonna hate fine china/cherry Flop/and thunder when she reworks them. SMH

tenor.gif

I'm not a fan of unreleased songs on upcoming records. I like being surprised with new material.

But one song I can make an exception for is Fine China. 

It's so magical, it deserves a place on her official discography. It deserves justice!

Spoiler

It's always been that way with me

No time for change, no time for fun

It's always been that way, it seems

One love begins, one comes undone

tenor.gif

LEAK FINE CHINA UV VERSION

I actually think Thunder and Cherry Blossom go so well with the other three songs!

Cherry Blossom and Blue Banisters are both piano-driven with very rich vocals, and I’m sure a re-recorded version of Cherry Blossom will have a bit of additional production (like the ambient background synths in BB and piano embellishments on top of the main accompaniment) to reflect BB’s sonic landscape. 

Thunder and Text Book definitely belong to the same album as well - they both have this driving pulse to them and have this rolling feeling to them, especially with the lovely background singers. Since Thunder is from the same sessions as California, I could see the version that leaked being a demo and the version that ends up on BB having substantial differences (like how California has an unleaked demo that is noticeably different from the version on NFR). 

And then “my body is a map of LA....” also sounds like it will stay true to the vibe of Blue Banisters and Cherry Blossom.

So I’m thinking ? this record will have two sounds - one half being piano-driven, soulful ballads, and the other half being atmospheric, rockabilly/bluegrass-inspired music with subtle jazz influences and prominent background singers!

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I actually think Thunder and Cherry Blossom go so well with the other three songs!

Cherry Blossom and Blue Banisters are both piano-driven with very rich vocals, and I’m sure a re-recorded version of Cherry Blossom will have a bit of additional production (like the ambient background synths in BB and piano embellishments on top of the main accompaniment) to reflect BB’s sonic landscape. 

Thunder and Text Book definitely belong to the same album as well - they both have this driving pulse to them and have this rolling feeling to them, especially with the lovely background singers. Since Thunder is from the same sessions as California, I could see the version that leaked being a demo and the version that ends up on BB having substantial differences (like how California has an unleaked demo that is noticeably different from the version on NFR). 

And then “my body is a map of LA....” also sounds like it will stay true to the vibe of Blue Banisters and Cherry Blossom. So I’m thinking ? this record will have two sounds - one half being piano-driven, soulful ballads, and the other being atmospheric, rockabilly/bluegrass-inspired music with prominent jazz influences and background singers!

Thunder def belongs on BB: so far, the album has a couple of references to storms: thunder, thunderbirds, fights, heat lightning.

i love your “double sound” idea of this album! Hope it comes to fruition!

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

And then “my body is a map of LA....” also sounds like it will stay true to the vibe of Blue Banisters and Cherry Blossom.

So I’m thinking ? this record will have two sounds - one half being piano-driven, soulful ballads, and the other half being atmospheric, rockabilly/bluegrass-inspired music with subtle jazz influences and prominent background singers!

im with you on this one for sure- while I would never manifest an older reworked song lana has consistently turned back to older songs over the course of her career: yayo, the UV session songs getting reworked for HM (though never used ie say yes to Heaven), Yosemite, and now possibly these two. I dislike the TNBAR rework but tbh I wasn’t crazy about the demo either, but Yosemite is perfect on COCC and if Lana brings cherry blossom and/or thunder onto this next record it’ll be because they’ve finally found a home in the album, not just for the hell of it. Personally I don’t need re-recordings of either song- the versions we have are perfect- but if they help tell the next chapter of lanas story I’m here for it.

aOaIzH2.gif