Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

We're so thirsty that a break-up brought us here. Hi besties :flutter: I am actually on the verge of burning the Earth right now, so has there been any good news since I've not been scrolling through the last few pages? :candy::flutter:

...but I've still got jazz, when I've got those blues.

On 7/12/2021 at 9:44 PM, Honeyyoung said:

i agree with this but i don't think they broke up, anyways this topic is literally none of our business

and honestly i think is so weird that people expect and hope that lana breaks up with clay and stops being friends with nikki lane, like are you trying to make her life sadder? and don't even start on people who want lana sad because she "made better music when she wasn't happy"

some of these comments and opinions are not healthy at all

Reveal hidden contents

not talking about you thunder corpse, just speaking it in general

This. I find it sooo weird that some people (on here, on twitter, on internet in general) just start hating on a person in Lana’s social circle because they a) get a bad vibe from them or b) just don’t want a kind of music they think they’ll get from Lana’s interaction with them. Or, c) hoping that they’ll break up so we’ll get another “ultraviolence”. We really don’t know much, if anything. It’s just so, so weird to me how some people can be so strongly opinionated about someone they don’t really know.

Lana’s an adult, I’m pretty sure she can make her own decisions who’s good for her to be with and who isn’t. If her friends make her happy, we should be happy too. I would never wish for her to go back to being depressed again, never. I’m here to listen to whatever she writes, and I might not always love every single thing, but I’m here as long as it’s good and as long as I’m interested.

Sorry for going off topic, I guess.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

5 hours ago, brandon said:

TNBAR was definitely changed for nfr. the music video they shot for it doesn’t really match the nfr version, but matches the demo that leaked before lfl perfectly

not by jack, but it was changed

i'm positive it wasn't changed, because she hasn't worked with Rick between January 2018 and the release of NFR (I think?) and he's the only one mentioned in the production part of the credits, plus there are two times when Lana referred to the final version (she never referred to the demo) as early as 2017. also, why would the video not match the final version? it's not like the whole song makes any sense in its final version anyway, as the verses have the same lyrics as on the demo. and it's not like all her videos match the lyrics either. no, I'm pretty sure it wasn't changed for NFR, given all these things and the credits, but all the more so because she didn't change Yosemite either :)

12 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

i'm positive it wasn't changed, because she hasn't worked with Rick between January 2018 and the release of NFR (I think?) and he's the only one mentioned in the production part of the credits, plus there are two times when Lana referred to the final version (she never referred to the demo) as early as 2017. also, why would the video not match the final version? it's not like the whole song makes any sense in its final version anyway, as the verses have the same lyrics as on the demo. and it's not like all her videos match the lyrics either. no, I'm pretty sure it wasn't changed for NFR, given all these things and the credits, but all the more so because she didn't change Yosemite either :)

?? the nfr version says “we were so obsessed with writing tnbar” - but the music vid was definitely meant for the “YOU were so obsessed” version - lanz is literally seen trying to get her mans attention in the production booth while he ignores her, then there’s scenes of him basking in the fame bc HE did it all for the fame (a lyric that is not in the nfr version)

why does it matter if she didn’t work w rick after that? she could’ve rewritten it by herself, she’s more than capable of changing a few words. (also rick is the only other one mentioned in the songwriting credits, there are 4 producers on the song)

it was deffo changed, good try tho bestie!

On 7/8/2021 at 1:24 PM, Redhydrangeas99 said:

Just found out that Clay deleted all the pics he had with Lana. Maybe they broke up and she removed all the songs about him from BB. And maybe that’s why the BB music video wasn’t released.

:hoe:

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

IS THIS WHY SHE REWORKED THE ALBUMMMMM BITCHHHHHH

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

51 minutes ago, Mike Dean is a god said:

He’s clearly talking about the album. Lana said later later and soonish in her update post.....relax all is well

He's just playing his character from the title track :thumb3: It's all part of the album promo their mind... 

On a more serious note I hope Lana is doing fine. I don't know if this was sudden or if their relationship was falling apart those last months cause I swear I saw a new tweet saying they broke up like every 2 weeks

giphy.gif

Manifesting double album, one half with the original songs, one half diss tracks about Clay

Genuinely hope she's okay

(Literally dreamt I wrote this post)

9 hours ago, brandon said:

?? the nfr version says “we were so obsessed with writing tnbar” - but the music vid was definitely meant for the “YOU were so obsessed” version - lanz is literally seen trying to get her mans attention in the production booth while he ignores her, then there’s scenes of him basking in the fame bc HE did it all for the fame (a lyric that is not in the nfr version)

why does it matter if she didn’t work w rick after that? she could’ve rewritten it by herself, she’s more than capable of changing a few words. (also rick is the only other one mentioned in the songwriting credits, there are 4 producers on the song)

it was deffo changed, good try tho bestie!

as I said, she said the song was about Topanga in July 2017, and the demo we got does not mention Topanga, so the version that features 'Topanga' was made before July 2017. that's just a fact. now MAYBE there was another demo that featured the word 'Topanga', that was changed again for NFR, but as she kept the same verses and the same production, I don't see what she could've changed between that alleged second demo and the final version. what people reproach her with is changing the lyrics anyway (nothing else was changed, except the part at the very end that got scrapped but that's like 10 seconds). and the fact that she mentioned Topanga (and referred to the song as TNBAR) in July 2017 shows the lyrics were already changed when lust for life was released.

and i'm not saying the video makes more sense with the final version. i'm saying that only one third of the lyrics changed between the demo and the final version, so if the video made sense with the demo, it still makes sense with two thirds of the final version. and i'm saying that anyway, just because a video matches a demo more doesn't mean it was made for the demo. Lana's videos don't always match the content of the song. take Freak, Let Me Love You Like A Woman, Young And Beautiful, White Mustang, Mariners Apartment Complex. I personally do not think the videos match the songs. so the coherence between the video (that got scrapped anyway) and the demo is not enough of an argument to win over the argument that she mentioned Topanga in July 2017, referred to the song as TNBAR, and did not work with Rick to rework it after January 2018. the 4 producers were probably there on other LFL songs. and there's no need to be mean using "??" and "good try tho bestie" when i'm just stating facts :)

also, she made a pretty chaotic job at reworking the song (in early 2017, not later) as she kept that weird 'fame fame fame' echo, so i don't think it should be assumed that she put a lot of effort into trying to bring coherence to the whole thing when she made the video. or maybe she made the video for the demo and then reworked the song; but we know for a fact the Topanga version already existed in July 2017. and the people reproach her with changing the lyrics (and removing the final seconds of the song, but i don't remember seeing as much complaints about this as about the change in lyrics), and that was already done in July 2017. so yeah, the myth that she butchered TNBAR for NFR needs to die.

22 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

and i'm not saying the video makes more sense with the final version. i'm saying that only one third of the lyrics changed between the demo and the final version, so if the video made sense with the demo, it still makes sense with two thirds of the final version. and i'm saying that anyway, just because a video matches a demo more doesn't mean it was made for the demo.

It doesn't because that "one third" basically makes a huge difference for the meaning of the track. The demo was about a relationship ending because her partner is so focussed on being an acclaimed artist, while the other one is basically a story about two musicians chasing their dreams. That still works with some scenes of the video but in the end we have multiple scenes of her being pissed at him, eventually even leaving and driving away with her car.

[I  totally agree with you that she probably butchered the track before even considering to put it on NFR - which does not change a thing about the lyrics change being the worst thing she could have done to the song]

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

3 hours ago, shadesofjuul said:

Manifesting cathartic angsty loudness :hooker:

Maybe even Dealer, perhaps :hooker:

ShockingFlatBrocketdeer-size_restricted. tenor.gif

but really :hooker: if this doesn't happen... 

:icant:

I think tnbar's chorus perfectly encapsulates the dissonance of a bad relationship n how things are different from one setting to another. and adds to the overall theme of dissonance btwn them in him more externally and her probably more internally so it gets u questioning the overall synergy of said updated chorus to said islands to cinnamon's spice n title track n so on. and it's duplicitousness only compliments it's hollow. it's a chasm and fulfills its role well imo. 

it's been transmuted but the update made it a lot more clever while taking on it's older meaning of a song thru and w it's added guise. 

n mentioned before earlier/other pre-release in how hope to bartender, to woman on chemtrails. to hole in her heart, to further introspection n healing to being tempted to learning. 

I really want to know what comes after BB's track. 

UV/Honeymoon