Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that Billboard is not a go-to or highly reliable source for information and people shouldn't automatically assume that they're correct :whatever2: From what we know right now, I wouldn't be surprised at there being one or two Jack produced songs on the album in the end, but I don't think he'll be the main producer just going off the fact that none of the singles were produced by him. 

imageproxy.jpg

i think articles like Billboard's will often deliberately write about work in a vague present tense so the subject can appear relevant/current. journalists know that people prefer to read about current or future work rather than past work. even just to insinuate that jack is still working with lana is interesting to readers

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, honeybadger said:

oh hell no... MULTIPLE projects??? get this man OUT

I thought they were talking about Norman, Chemtrails, both audiobooks. There are still some songs they recorded together, but I don’t think it means that many more complete albums are on the way… 

55 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

jack antonoff? bird world is coming... :ma: it'll be reworked & retitled as "banister world" :gasp: :ma: 

Actually it’s called

Supercenter Blue,

and the cover / art is Lana in an empty Walmart in a Walmart shopping cart using kayak paddles to push herself about the store. 

And she uses photoshop to make the old looking wal*mart logo. It is a gatefold, the vinyl is brown. But it has pictures & lyrics which is a nice touch, most artists wouldn’t care to put those in. But yeah Supercenter Blue…

IMG-3521.jpg

9 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

were any of you in that twitter space? maybe they spilled some tea

I saw that on tik Tok and basically what happened is that mike got lana on the phone and she was laughing at the fans someone asked him to put I talk to Jesus on the album and yeah basically just that.

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

42 minutes ago, Jaeden xx said:

I saw that on tik Tok and basically what happened is that mike got lana on the phone and she was laughing at the fans someone asked him to put I talk to Jesus on the album and yeah basically just that.

I've always believed that Lana reads everything about her on twitter. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Ok times up sweetie the goodwill u bought by mentioning the delay and releasing a song snippy is dead and gone u can talk abt the album again now :hoe:

(not me talking to this thread like it’s lana herself :derpna2:)

"You get to choose the genre, and he plays it all out"

Cool so can she not choose country or folk going forward

His Fisher-Price keyboard sucks so maybe fewer instruments, higher quality is what he should be aiming for

He can also stop investing in sets of jingle bells altogether

:agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 hour ago, Jaeden xx said:

I swear that this had 1300 pages but now it doesn't???

Yeah, some posts got moved because they were off-topic probably

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Bird World is such an ugly name/title. Gives me off brand McDonald's vibes. 

Anyways, I don't mind Jack doing some songs with Lana provided it sounds like Cinnamon Girl. 

So far it's hard to tell the genre of BB. I do think the recent snippet we have (Sierra Madre) is a beautiful hybrid between Afraid and French Restaurant, so maybe Lana is going to use some of her old melodies? That would be cool to do if she doesn't want to re-release and re-record her unreleased tracks

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The way I check this thread once a day, tops... She really had me excited for a while there, now I’m just... eh. I guess I’ll hear something newsworthy when school has started and things are busy again. :noparty:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I might be going crazy but I swear you can hear Lana talking in the last Tove Lo instagram story :horror:

She's shooting something but it looks like some sort of commercial so I don't know... 

Anyway I'll manifest a collab right now (In Tove's album I guess)

giphy.gif