Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

If Lana were to do a “Part 2” or reprise to any of her songs, which would you pick to be on Blue Banisters?

edit: this can also be a song within the record itself—for example, a Part 2 to Blue Banisters (the song). 

Gods and Monsters. I know there is more of a story to tell with that song :prettyhurts:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

4 hours ago, Writer In The Dark said:

This album is going to be very slow and most of them will have only one instrument - piano, just accept it. The next song is a good example, it's piano only, Thunder and Cherry Blossom are also slow, so no electric guitars, at least for this album.

that's very true. i feel like ever since hope was released (but that had kinda started with change) we always expected something less piano-driven than what it turned out to be. love song, let me love you like a woman, even chemtrails (which i love) and well most of the album, then blue banisters, wildflower wildfire, and the new song. even the greatest and fuck it i love you were, in their own way, more watered-down, more muffled, less rock or upbeat than what we thought they would be. every single time. it didn't make a difference when she said it was going to be a revenge album, it didn't make a difference when she did a song with Mike Dean, it didn't even really make that much of a difference when she decided to go country. so i guess until we have real indication she's aiming for a change in sound, we should simply expect piano ballads. that way we'll be less frustrated, because there's a lot of beauty in them, even though there's really nothing i wish from her more than another rock album.

I’m certain, too, that this will be another album with (piano driven) ballads. Quite the opposite of what I expected when I read “revenge album” and working with Mike Dean. The three singles are great though, especially the when it comes to lyrics, but... Hm, I don’t know. I kinda long for an album with less ballads next time, something to surprise me because I’m expecting her to, like, “only” write ballads in the future. But knowing me, I’ll probably happily take whatever she’s willing to put out.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

4 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I’m certain, too, that this will be another album with (piano driven) ballads. Quite the opposite of what I expected when I read “revenge album” and working with Mike Dean. The three singles are great though, especially the when it comes to lyrics, but... Hm, I don’t know. I kinda long for an album with less ballads next time, something to surprise me because I’m expecting her to, like, “only” write ballads in the future. But knowing me, I’ll probably happily take whatever she’s willing to put out.

I kind of hate how she used to have a reputation for snooze music which was so obviously not true but now like. She kinda is a snooze fest. I love the music she’s been releasing even if it’s not my favourite but it isn’t anything grand. I’m not saying her music puts people to sleep now but like the ballads are getting a little too excessive now

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

with btd and uv she feared the production was distracting people from what she really wanted to say, hence hm. She's going to be telling the most important parts of her story now so I understand if she wants less bombastic production so people can listen and pay attention to the meaning. also the problem is not slow songs, freak, Brooklyn baby, UV, video games and other cult favorites are all technically "slow" songs. the uv album was supposed to be more stripped and if it was it would not have been so loved.

I'm here to leave some energy for 18 songs on the album, with Roses Bloom for You as the closer. I know BOZ said there is no Rick, but I'm feeling synchronised with the universe now, so I'll be manifesting. I don't mind for an mess that lacks cohesion, because I'm absolutely greedy and I would love to drown in the music. But other than that, I hope everyone's doing well during this absolutely strenuous and agonising wait for the album. 

...but I've still got jazz, when I've got those blues.

Just now, rhubysyrup said:

with btd and uv she feared the production was distracting people from what she really wanted to say, hence hm. She's going to be telling the most important parts of her story now so I understand if she wants less bombastic production so people can listen and pay attention to the meaning. also the problem is not slow songs, freak, Brooklyn baby, UV, video games and other cult favorites are all technically "slow" songs. uv was supposed to be more stripped and if it was it would not have been so loved.

Exactly, proof that Jack is the problem! Ballads with every other producer have been gorgeous and sexy and perfect. Also, I’d argue that HM has some of her most bombastic & complex production. 

Honestly I’m sorry but like with each day I’m actually more and more enraged that jack ever met lana omg we need to free her. I know he does everything Lana wants but if she never met him, she’d still have rick telling her that her ideas kinda suck and I’d still be stanning 

so far we have the three tracks 
cherry blossom n thunder 
and map of LA
Dealer supposedly. 

tone's pretty blunt so far. 

I miss more of the dynamism her music would have. WW's the closest we have of that hopefully so far. BB n TB are more like memoirs that're touching but. we'd like more fire 

UV/Honeymoon

40 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

with btd and uv she feared the production was distracting people from what she really wanted to say, hence hm. She's going to be telling the most important parts of her story now so I understand if she wants less bombastic production so people can listen and pay attention to the meaning. 

If anything I think more production reels people in to what she's trying to say. Slow production can tend to just become background noise if there's nothing special or enticing to grip the listener's ears :um3:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

at least it's a stripped back production with major jazz elements and let's wait till the album till we can complain or whatever - but I really want her to explore MIKE DEAN's production on LDR9 I know they can cook up some nasty ass shit but for now let's enjoy whatever we're getting :wub:

I’m having the same feeling and reception I had with the three singles that I had with Violet: it’s easy to overlook them because of the minimalism of the production. But I accepted that BB won’t be that revenge / summer album I thought it would be, and with a more and more plausible fall release, if the rest of the album is as thoughtful as the three singles, it could be one of her most personal albums to date and a perfect fit for autumn. 

I'm hoping that out of the three songs we got already, the production mirrors Text Book the most (if the rest of the album is similar to any of the singles) - but I'd also really love more songs in the same vein as Thunder in terms of guitar

imageproxy.jpg

I just hope the Titanic Rising producer really impacted the album's sound because that album's production is so fucking good :excited:

1 hour ago, VioletBunny said:

Exactly, proof that Jack is the problem! Ballads with every other producer have been gorgeous and sexy and perfect. Also, I’d argue that HM has some of her most bombastic & complex production. 

y'all need to stop putting the "blame" on everyone but lana. SHE is also a producer in her tracks. SHE tells her producers what she wants the album to sound like. SHE has the control over her art! ultraviolence came out the way it did because Lana and Dan fought many times and a lot of the production decisions were made by him instead of her, so LANA was the one who wanted the sound to be more stripped-back and SHE wants the sound to be more stripped-back now. 

ballads with other producers have been fuller in sound? yes, but because SHE wanted to. and we can see now that in this new era the songs are mostly stripped-back ballads because she wants to, NO MATTER THE PRODUCER.

Spoiler

damn bitch