Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

10 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

SHE wants the sound to be more stripped-back now. 

She specifically said she asked Jack if COTCC could hit harder and his response was to strip it back even more so i donnnnnt know that we should assume this. I think its evident no matter what your "position" in the studio is, unless you are the producer making the music, someone else is going to be, atleast partially, in charge of the sound as well. In Lana's case she doesn't really know how to produce alone.

45 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

ballads with other producers have been fuller in sound? yes, but because SHE wanted to. and we can see now that in this new era the songs are mostly stripped-back ballads because she wants to, NO MATTER THE PRODUCER.

the thing is I can easily tell now which songs are produced by jack bc he has started overusing a signature sound. Old money, wfwf, are mostly piano (yes which lana wanted) but I can tell its not jack, his piano sounds much hollower and his instruments have this weird distant twang to them that's now become his signature, with the new St Vincent, Lorde, Bleachers and T.S. stuff I can easily identify its Jack's production. The producers Lana are with now are much more versatile and their stuff sounds solid even if they are going to just use piano, because they're not attached to an uninspired sparse jingly folk vibe. Jack on the other hand is constantly recycling melodies and riffs. Ultimately its his (and Laura Sisk's) procedure for which instrument/microphone to use, audio choices, the arrangements, etc. Lana obviously just gives ideas of what she's feeling.

Jack has a very recognizable style that's just been getting worse lately no matter who he works with. cmon all these artists cant be asking for this SAME sound

It's weird that she teased a single without releasing it after getting 3 singles with no announcement. They must be planning the rollout of the album or something.

Maybe they are waiting a bit to be able to release it with the preorder so the dates are not too far apart. 

Is this our first era with no big MV? :horror:

It's hard to guess cause NFR started with the videos being just parts of the triple MV looped but then we got 3 nice videos by Rich Lee. Also Chemtrails looked very lowkey but we got her biggest MV since Tropico :thumb3:

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, rhubysyrup said:

the thing is I can easily tell now which songs are produced by jack bc he has started overusing a signature sound. Old money, wfwf, are mostly piano (yes which lana wanted) but I can tell its not jack, his piano sounds much hollower and his instruments have this weird distant twang to them that's now become his signature, with the new St Vincent, Lorde, Bleachers and T.S. stuff I can easily identify its Jack's production. The producers Lana are with now are much more versatile and their stuff sounds solid even if they are going to just use piano, because they're not attached to an uninspired sparse jingly folk vibe. Jack on the other hand is constantly recycling melodies and riffs. Ultimately its his (and Laura Sisk's) procedure for which instrument/microphone to use, audio choices, the arrangements, etc. Lana obviously just gives ideas of what she's feeling.

Jack has a very recognizable style that's just been getting worse lately no matter who he works with. cmon all these artists cant be asking for this SAME sound

french restaurant is another good example of this, that song is mostly piano with a few effects, i can actually feel what lana was feeling when she wrote it/recorded it, i really dont mind if blue banisters goes in that direction if it makes me feel whatever lana wants

SFP2h.gif

3 minutes ago, dotwestcoast said:

french restaurant is another good example of this, that song is mostly piano with a few effects, i can actually feel what lana was feeling when she wrote it/recorded it, i really dont mind if blue banisters goes in that direction if it makes me feel whatever lana wants

Change is a rly good example of this too imo. Mostly piano with some synth and light percussion but even the piano sounds, fuller? for a lack of a better term, compared to her more recent work

whatarecoloris.jpg

Both Lana and Jack are to blame so they're OVER.

We can only hope Lizzy Grant and David Kahne/Steven Mertens return to save us :hoe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

She specifically said she asked Jack if COTCC could hit harder and his response was to strip it back even more so i donnnnnt know that we should assume this. I think its evident no matter what your "position" in the studio is, unless you are the producer making the music, someone else is going to be, atleast partially, in charge of the sound as well. In Lana's case she doesn't really know how to produce alone.

I’m not sure about that. Lana did say in ONE interview she wanted Jack to go “wilder”, but I guess it meant bridges like Dance till We Die (which I don’t think is THAT Wild). Meanwhile, Jack said, in at least one interview and one tweet, she-they wanted stripped back. Sorry to disappoint, not that I am a Jack adorator, but I believe him More than I believe her :toofunny: Plus it’s getting confusing which songs were meant for what project…

1 hour ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Does anyone think we’ll get Sierra madre/map of LA on Friday? :excited::fabcat: I feel like this is a good week before the Bleachers album drops but I’m afraid to let myself get hyped up :crai:

My guess is it’s coming after Bleachers, for two reasons:

1- Lana might have a bigger than expected part on Don’t Go Dark On Me;

2- after so many contributions from Jack, it would be just human decency to have his project breathe a little on its own.

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

My guess is it’s coming after Bleachers, for two reasons:

1- Lana might have a bigger than expected part on Don’t Go Dark On Me;

2- after so many contributions from Jack, it would be just human decency to have his project breathe a little on its own.

o0o0ooh I would LOVE it if she had a bigger than expected part on DGDOM! Good assessment!

giphy.gif

Hey, once in a while lurker here. Is there any new news on Blue Banisters? or are people still complaining about Jack? 

Last time i heard this random nobody claimed BB’s album title was not gonna be called BB, but that turned out to be CAP. 

On 7/20/2021 at 10:24 AM, GeminiLanaFan said:

I saw a repost on IG. Nothing was spilled and I don’t blame him, the gays said to his face (apparently) that WFWF was her weakest track and someone suggested she should add I Talk to Jesus to BB (of all the unreleased songs she could add to the mix, of course they chose the Contemporary Christian Reborn song of the lot ???

Dang that’s just sad and discouraging for Mike, Lana, and majority of the people who actually liked that track. Although it’s not Lana’s worst track, it was the weaker of the three released in my opinion (writing wise & storytelling wise). For some odd reason it didn’t hit me like how BB and TB did. Mikes production wasn’t the issue here. 

BB talks about her sisters, appreciating them, appreciating their love, appreciating their guidance. it ends with Lana trying to focus on the people who will forever stay in her life to keep her happy. 

TB talks about a man truly understanding her, but it’s also Lana telling us that someone actually sees and witnesses her goodness in the world. 

WW just talks about themes we’ve already heard lots of times in the past. It’s still a very good song.

‘Lana’s becoming VERY VERY personal lately 

6 minutes ago, The Greatest said:

No one agrees with me on this but I’m bored of the jack hate. The man is pretty stretched thin. If she wanted more exciting production he would have accommodated 

Fr like bruh, Jack didn’t ruin her career… Like people are THAT angry about a well received album. chill out folks. it ain’t that deep. 

Jack hasn't ruined her career or anything like that lol, she's all good. But I think my view as to Jack + Chemtrails is that he didn't necessarily bring anything new to the table nor bolster or enhance Lana's songs. The strength of the collaboration on Chemtrails, in terms of what they can do for each other, was quite weak and a far cry from the inspiration and experimentation we saw happen on NFR. His approach to the folk genre just wasn't very interesting unfortunately, and I wish he hadn't been so self-assured as to think he could solely produce Chemtrails when his forte is more alternative pop. With him producing Chemtrails, the end product was always going to be watery diluted pop without any real grit (still love it though but we had some real, deeply emotive folky music from Lana's Lizzy and May Jailer era). Like Jack is def still responsible for his part as producer on the album 

mUENGN9.png

40 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Jack hasn't ruined her career

Evil Nikki did :oprah3:

Spoiler

Just kidding :oopna:

SHE POSTED 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

23 minutes ago, Tropico Angel said:

SHE POSTED 

Something’s coming. Last two times she posted a picture of the moon at night, it was followed by some good announcement. ??