Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Yosemite does a wonderful job of letting the lyrics speak while having a “bombastic” instrumental at the same time. I wouldn’t mind hearing something similar on this album. :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

5 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Yosemite does a wonderful job of letting the lyrics speak while having a “bombastic” instrumental at the same time. I wouldn’t mind hearing something similar on this album. :flutter:

rick nowels just gets it :bliss:

mUENGN9.png

And I might be in a very small minority, but I’m kinda hoping WW has its instrumental reworked for the album... I think it can become a little bit better, sound a little more greater.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Text Book is still so good:krylie:

The atmosphere in it, the noises in the verses,  the tempo change,  when the background singers sing oooh it sounds so haunting,  the river noises in the outro :trisha:

They way we are about to get probably more songs by Zach & Gabe Simon..we won:angie::oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

59 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

And I might be in a very small minority, but I’m kinda hoping WW has its instrumental reworked for the album... I think it can become a little bit better, sound a little more greater.

Remove the beat and let the piano shine.

Mfhp.gif

4 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Text Book is still so good:krylie:

The atmosphere in it, the noises in the verses,  the tempo change,  when the background singers sing oooh it sounds so haunting,  the river noises in the outro :trisha:

They way we are about to get probably more songs by Zach & Gabe Simon..we won:angie::oprah:

it's still my favorite out of the three! partly just because it's not piano driven:bebe: i mean i love ww and bb but text book kinda stands out. almost reminds me of honeymoon with all those details. really hope there are more songs with such production on the album

11 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

y'all need to stop putting the "blame" on everyone but lana. SHE is also a producer in her tracks. SHE tells her producers what she wants the album to sound like. SHE has the control over her art! ultraviolence came out the way it did because Lana and Dan fought many times and a lot of the production decisions were made by him instead of her, so LANA was the one who wanted the sound to be more stripped-back and SHE wants the sound to be more stripped-back now. 

ballads with other producers have been fuller in sound? yes, but because SHE wanted to. and we can see now that in this new era the songs are mostly stripped-back ballads because she wants to, NO MATTER THE PRODUCER.

Hide contents

damn bitch

Yea but like, imagine if her label didn’t force her to meet with Dan for UV? Even though she desperately didn’t want to? If Jack wasn’t involved, she’d have another producer, telling her different things & the sound would be different; no matter what Lana wants. So I’m gonna keep blaming Jack mwah!

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

10 hours ago, rhubysyrup said:

Ultimately its his (and Laura Sisk's) procedure

Honestly I think it probably does sound so much better and more full with their insanely expensive speakers and in their studio. But when it’s transferred to our phones and vinyls, the texture is lost. And like you said, it becomes hollow

For some reason, Wildflower Wildfire seems like some broadway-song to me. I can really picture her melodramatically standing in a limelight on a huge darkened stage, one hand laying on top of the grand piano accompanying her,  yelling "here's the deal" at the audience while these heavy first chords of the song resound in the back ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I had a dream she posted something with the caption "and now comes the hard part, 6 nights till my moon sign comes out" and I woke up and saw that she posted the moon. I'm truly feeling psychic right now :pussypower:

Also she photo dumped so something is coming soon :creepna:

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, VioletBunny said:

Yea but like, imagine if her label didn’t force her to meet with Dan for UV? Even though she desperately didn’t want to? If Jack wasn’t involved, she’d have another producer, telling her different things & the sound would be different; no matter what Lana wants. So I’m gonna keep blaming Jack mwah!

I’m not sure about that ? I might be wrong, but I believe she met Dan at a party, got to talk to him about her album and they decided he would produce. It’s Paul Epworth (Adele’s main producer at the time) Interscope insisted she met, to give UV a more “single-y” song and he decided the album was already good and didn’t need one (although he helped with Black Beauty).

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Boi said:

Remove the beat and let the piano shine.

:wat: I think the opposite: add a bit more beat with the second verse. The piano on WF WF sounds the most “synths” out of the three songs. Not that it’s that annoying, but still. I really like the beat, that reminds me of Cherry, in a way. It’s the second verse I find a tad too long, with its simple piano. Still love all the lyrics to the song though.

11 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m not sure about that ? I might be wrong, but I believe she met Dan at a party, got to talk to him about her album and they decided he would produce. It’s Paul Epworth (Adele’s main producer at the time) Interscope insisted she met, to give UV a more “single-y” song and he decided the album was already good and didn’t need one (although he helped with Black Beauty).

OH ur right sorry, I conflated the two stories. but the point still stands, her label were insisting she use an external producer 

9 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Jack hasn't ruined her career or anything like that lol, she's all good. But I think my view as to Jack + Chemtrails is that he didn't necessarily bring anything new to the table nor bolster or enhance Lana's songs. The strength of the collaboration on Chemtrails, in terms of what they can do for each other, was quite weak and a far cry from the inspiration and experimentation we saw happen on NFR. His approach to the folk genre just wasn't very interesting unfortunately, and I wish he hadn't been so self-assured as to think he could solely produce Chemtrails when his forte is more alternative pop. With him producing Chemtrails, the end product was always going to be watery diluted pop without any real grit (still love it though but we had some real, deeply emotive folky music from Lana's Lizzy era). Like Jack is def still responsible for his part as producer on the album 

This is true, but remember that classic recorded folk music, in any of its many variants, British or American, was very sparse on production as well as instrumentation. Mostly just acoustic guitar, or just piano, with perhaps a dulcimer, banjo or fiddle thrown in. The emphasis was on the vocals and the lyrics. So Jack's approach to LDR's version of 'folk' was actually in keeping with tradition on COCC. Personally, I don't see anything worthy of accurately being called 'folk' on NFR!  

The most accurate folk track on COCC was 'Yosemite,' which has Donovan-like overtones, and it was produced by Rick, as we all know. 

13 hours ago, Vertimus said:

This is true, but remember that classic recorded folk music, in any of its many variants, British or American, was very sparse on production as well as instrumentation. Mostly just acoustic guitar, or just piano, with perhaps a dulcimer, banjo or fiddle thrown in. The emphasis was on the vocals and the lyrics. So Jack's approach to LDR's version of 'folk' was actually in keeping with tradition on COCC. Personally, I don't see anything worthy of accurately being called 'folk' on NFR!  

The most accurate folk track on COCC was 'Yosemite,' which has Donovan-like overtones, and it was produced by Rick, as we all know. 

controversial opinion incoming: lana's lyrics and melody are so beautiful and substantial that i think, whilst using the instruments u have listed, the songs' production could have been "sparser" in the vein of folk music, more earthy (think lizzy, may jailer days - this is where jack's production conflicts bc his work is just far too polished in general - and low key increasingly formulaic... - but is fantastic on i.e. NFR) then let the production soar and really go nuts and experimental during bridges (on dance till we die, etc.) :xcry: 

Spoiler

i can dream a lil dream :crai:

mUENGN9.png