Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, yassgrenade said:

i barely even check this thread anymore :( Lana never does anything to keep her fans fed anymore these days

I mean we did get fed this year with a whole album and 3 new songs. I just wish she was more clear about her releases:crying4:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, yassgrenade said:

i barely even check this thread anymore :( Lana never does anything to keep her fans fed anymore these days

You miss so many good jokes, gif wars and theories :mj2:

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I mean we did get fed this year with a whole album and 3 new songs. I just wish she was more clear about her releases:crying4:

true but both that album and the singles were quickly discarded by Lana and when an artist moves on so quickly from their work the way she's been doing, it makes the release period just feel a lot less fun :/ I know the music is all that matters in the end, but I really do miss the way she used to promote her albums. Even if it wasn't the best promo in the world, it always held a certain nostalgic fun that I miss dearly. The Honeymoon and Lust for Life eras as well as the beginning of the Norman era (when she released MAC and VB) were all so much fun. She had an entire hold on my life in those days.

giphy.gif

50 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I've been thinking about the BB album cover announcement and I still find it weird that she wrote TBD instead of TBA. Maybe the title and cover are not final :icant: (at least she could just change the title and the photo won't be altered).

Imagine if the "later later" was because she didn't even finish it and has no idea about the release date and the single is another promo/random single like the 3 May ones...

But I've always been a delulu and that won't change now so I'll take Ben's words as a confirmation that it's coming before the year ends :brows:

I want Lana to change the title cus I'll say it again, that album title is not it 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Haven’t listened to Disco in such a long while and damn... it kinda does have a Nirvana feel to it, specially in the verses. I hope BB has this type of energy. Something kinda eerie, timeless.

IMG-7960.jpg

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

It would be so nice to have it as an interlude before Cherry Blossom

It would be so nice to have a Tracklist 

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

10 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Thunder: YES!!!

i Talk To Jesus: nope, not for me. The Contemporary Christian Reborn shit: nope. Not a bad song, but not an excellent song either. 

I love i talk 2 jesus omg... :willcut:  like i actually think it might be her saddest and most unsettling song 

I'm an atheist and in my view, the song doesn't rly spark evangelical vibes. What is rly palpable and moving is the sheer regret in the song  (a theme that just seems so uncommon or like half-assed in most music? Like if ur gonna talk abt regret, u better evoke gut-wrenching depression chasm or not at all) 

I just relate hardcore - first to what seemed like depression+suicidality but then to what the song actually is: ruminating over agonising regret (ppl don't need to be Christian to relate to that, unfortunately)

Also, as a fan of some of Johnny Cash's work, I was familiar w his 'I Talk to Jesus Every Day' - it's V evangelical and self-righteous and Lana's song interestingly has an opposite effect: she "talks to jesus" when she literally has no other option - there is no undoing the past but she still begs for it in vain :trisha:  and i do understand and can have a soft spot for people who rely on religion (or whatever else - drugs? therapy?) to deal w reality

Edit: OH! also the parallels to pin up galore :trisha: can she hurt me any more?????

Edited by Alison by Slowdive

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

I love i talk 2 jesus omg... :willcut:  like i actually think it might be her saddest and most unsettling song 

I'm an atheist and in my view, the song doesn't rly spark evangelical vibes. What is rly palpable and moving is the sheer regret in the song  (a theme that just seems so uncommon or like half-assed in most music? Like if ur gonna talk abt regret, u better evoke gut-wrenching depression chasm or not at all) 

I just relate hardcore - first to what seemed like depression+suicidality but then to what the song actually is: ruminating over agonising regret (ppl don't need to be Christian to relate to that, unfortunately)

Also, as a fan of some of Johnny Cash's work, I was familiar w his 'I Talk to Jesus Every Day' - it's V evangelical and self-righteous and Lana's song interestingly has an opposite effect: she "talks to jesus" when she literally has no other option - there is no undoing the past but she still begs for it in vain :trisha:  and i do understand and can have a soft spot for people who rely on religion (or whatever else - drugs? therapy?) to deal w reality

I suddenly appreciate the song a lot more :xcry:

But I still can‘t go past the line „He read the Bible, Showed me what Jesus said“. It just reminds me of all the religious and hypocritical people I met in my life. I prefer Lana saying that God is dead and that that‘s alright with her :creepna2:

I am in desperate need of the single :cat:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Can someone throw ideas of what they think this album is gonna sound like, realistically? We know she doesn't like to repeat eras (is that even true tho or did i just pull that out of my ass?) so i'm not expecting this album to be too similar to Chemtrails :bebe: 

Tangentially, what song(s) from NFR would u say Chemtrails grew from? And what song(s) on Chemtrails do we think BB will grow from/expand on (both sonically/thematically)? :what:

mUENGN9.png

3 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Edit: OH! also the parallels to pin up galore :trisha: can she hurt me any more?????

I love the parallels you pointed out to Johnny Cash and some of her other songs :)  I understand the message of ITTJ and it’s true it is heartbreaking. I like the verses and prechorus, but it’s the chorus I find a bit lacklustre, plus I come from a conservative and very religious family: the whole Jesus thing, you have to be very subversive to interest me in the slightest. White Dress speaks to me so much more, with a similar message, but I know it’s only personal.

so, with being said, I am super curious for the number of tracks we’ll get on BB and the production of the new songs. I hope there is a bit more than piano. 

12 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Can someone throw ideas of what they think this album is gonna sound like, realistically? We know she doesn't like to repeat eras (is that even true tho or did i just pull that out of my ass?) so i'm not expecting this album to be too similar to Chemtrails :bebe: 

Tangentially, what song(s) from NFR would u say Chemtrails grew from? And what song(s) on Chemtrails do we think BB will grow from/expand on (both sonically/thematically)? :what:

BB and TextBook remind me of Heroin: rich production but subtlety put. So a couple of songs like that? 
piano will surely be on many tracks, but some variations : WFWF has the beat that reminds me of Cherry, so I guess some “surprises” are to be expected ?!? 
realistically, I don’t know what to expect though. It’s such a mysterious project.