Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

23 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I love the parallels you pointed out to Johnny Cash and some of her other songs :)  I understand the message of ITTJ and it’s true it is heartbreaking. I like the verses and prechorus, but it’s the chorus I find a bit lacklustre, plus I come from a conservative and very religious family: the whole Jesus thing, you have to be very subversive to interest me in the slightest. White Dress speaks to me so much more, with a similar message, but I know it’s only personal.

so, with being said, I am super curious for the number of tracks we’ll get on BB and the production of the new songs. I hope there is a bit more than piano. 

I completely understand you! And for some reason, I hadn't even thought about its similarities with White Dress! ❤️

Also, fuck religious conservatism :legend: my central nervous system cannot deal :legend:

mUENGN9.png

53 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Can someone throw ideas of what they think this album is gonna sound like, realistically? We know she doesn't like to repeat eras (is that even true tho or did i just pull that out of my ass?) so i'm not expecting this album to be too similar to Chemtrails :bebe: 

Tangentially, what song(s) from NFR would u say Chemtrails grew from? And what song(s) on Chemtrails do we think BB will grow from/expand on (both sonically/thematically)? :what:

i hope we get some sound that grows from the title track and TJF. i feel like those sounds weren’t explored as much as i would like them to be on Chemtrails. 

45 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Can someone throw ideas of what they think this album is gonna sound like, realistically? We know she doesn't like to repeat eras (is that even true tho or did i just pull that out of my ass?) so i'm not expecting this album to be too similar to Chemtrails :bebe:

I really think this album is gonna have jazz and theatre influences in it's sound judging from the unknown single, Wildflower Wildfire, Text Book, and Thunder.

Like the story telling on the tracks make it seem so good to be used for a musical like "Blue Banisters" really feels like Lana on a stage with the spotlight on her when she's telling her story about the man. Not only does it feel theatrical but it feels like Lana singing in a lounge bar again - think the unknown single and Wildflower Wildfire is really feels like it's meant for those settings. Paired with the music references on the songs so far, this is shaping up to be a lyrically strong record. The reason I feel Cherry Blossom is the closer or among some of the last tracks in the tracklist is because it's diverse in it's sound and it's a very intimate lullaby ballad compared to the others and it'd be perfect for a closing statement for the record. That's saying if those songs are on the album ;)

55 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Tangentially, what song(s) from NFR would u say Chemtrails grew from? And what song(s) on Chemtrails do we think BB will grow from/expand on (both sonically/thematically)? :what:

I'm the hugest NFR! fan and idk I can't think of a song from the tracklist that grew from that record - Chemtrails was an expansion of NFR!'s folk leanings and that record stands on its own - but to answer your question if there were songs that Blue Banisters will grow from they're most definitely White Dress and Dance Till We Die. White Dress' storytelling and production is so amazing but Lana already explored it's themes on Chemtrails - Dance Till We Die is also a storytelling highlight but I think everyone here would agree to see her expand on the sound used on the bridge of that song. So fucking good. Honestly speaking I think the songs on this record grew from hope is a dangerous thing's storytelling you can say they were cut from the cloth. :wub:

4 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

she will turn it into a jazzy, rock anthem with instruments like horns and production reminiscent of 24 :legend:

Please no, it's already perfect the way it is :crying5:

34 minutes ago, be sweet said:

I really think this album is gonna have jazz and theatre influences in it's sound judging from the unknown single, Wildflower Wildfire, Text Book, and Thunder.

Like the story telling on the tracks make it seem so good to be used for a musical like "Blue Banisters" really feels like Lana on a stage with the spotlight on her when she's telling her story about the man. Not only does it feel theatrical but it feels like Lana singing in a lounge bar again - think the unknown single and Wildflower Wildfire is really feels like it's meant for those settings. Paired with the music references on the songs so far, this is shaping up to be a lyrically strong record. The reason I feel Cherry Blossom is the closer or among some of the last tracks in the tracklist is because it's diverse in it's sound and it's a very intimate lullaby ballad compared to the others and it'd be perfect for a closing statement for the record. That's saying if those songs are on the album ;)

I'm the hugest NFR! fan and idk I can't think of a song from the tracklist that grew from that record - Chemtrails was an expansion of NFR!'s folk leanings and that record stands on its own - but to answer your question if there were songs that Blue Banisters will grow from they're most definitely White Dress and Dance Till We Die. White Dress' storytelling and production is so amazing but Lana already explored it's themes on Chemtrails - Dance Till We Die is also a storytelling highlight but I think everyone here would agree to see her expand on the sound used on the bridge of that song. So fucking good. Honestly speaking I think the songs on this record grew from hope is a dangerous thing's storytelling you can say they were cut from the cloth. :wub:

on a stage with the spotlight on her, singing in a lounge bar again :trisha: 

this is super interesting! i love the the idea that her music can be theatric and cinematic because of the songwriting, rather than from production - which has been and is true, but not widely noted. so if we are to get "piano" tracks on BB (i hate reducing them to that lol), i want them like how they were on honeymoon :legend:

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

I'm really bad at describing music or picking the right genres. But if I had to describe the three singles and the new snippet, I would say they're jazzy poems if that makes sense. Especially the beginning of the songs remind me of poetry slam or performance poetry. They sound quite consistent to me, so I expect the whole album to be stripped-down and very wordy. I also think that she is going to delve deeper into her psyche and reflect how she became the person she is today and tell the true story behind some of her controversies.

But you never know with Miss Del Rey. Maybe after having scrapped most of the songs, TB / BB / WW might not be an indicator of how the album will sound. And having become an aunt and having split from Clay might lead her creativity in a totally new direction :um:

Edit: Maybe Chuck's baby is named Angelina and Cherry Blossom will be dedicated to her :omg:

I want the rush of finding out song titles by changing various characters in a Shazam link and compiling roughly 12-14 new songs into a supposed track list that I can share and fangirl about

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * ・゜゜・.GIVE PEACE A CHANCE .・゜゜・ ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

Lana announced the Chemtrails preorder a few days after that Jack charity livestream so maybe she'll do the same this time. She will post (again) the Bleachers album cover on the 30th and a couple of days after she will post her stuff. You heard it here first :brows:

giphy.gif

55 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Lana announced the Chemtrails preorder a few days after that Jack charity livestream so maybe she'll do the same this time. She will post (again) the Bleachers album cover on the 30th and a couple of days after she will post her stuff. You heard it here first :brows:

:pray2:

I'm not getting any jazz influences from BB at all tbh. If anything I think it'll definitely be a COCC 2.0 (even though none of us want to admit it), but the BB songs we have could easily be a continuation of COCC with maybe some NFR undertones 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

2 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

I want the rush of finding out song titles by changing various characters in a Shazam link and compiling roughly 12-14 new songs into a supposed track list that I can share and fangirl about

Me on hour 11 of Shazam searching asf

0-A9-CDE88-782-D-471-F-ADC8-7107-AB6-BE8

The silence and absence of news is tiring, but at least, nobody has any news about her, and therefore, when we get something from BoZ or Eclipse, it’s really coming.

i follow a couple of “insider information accounts” on Twitter and plans for everyone change all the time. It must be super disappointing, to expect an announcement or a single at a precise date and nothing happens (ok, it could be worse for us, with her false dates never checking out :thumb3:)

49 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I'm not getting any jazz influences from BB at all tbh. If anything I think it'll definitely be a COCC 2.0 (even though none of us want to admit it), but the BB songs we have could easily be a continuation of COCC with maybe some NFR undertones 

i agree. the only jazz i hear is in textbook. i hate to say it but i do think its going to be similar to COCC. maybe a little less folky but basically the same idea. i dont feel like she gave herself enough time in between albums to come up with a whole new sound. 

1 hour ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I still think those singles were released separately for a reason. Thunder sounds heavily like a cheerful version of UV songs and WW sounds kinda Honeymoon, gives me Terrence loves you vibes for the sound. Considering her last two albums, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a NFR 2.0. or COCC 2.0. It just sucks how versatile her first albums were compared to neverending piano flops. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

5 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

it will be slow and very personal, even more personal than COCC, it will start with piano songs, move to TB & more things like it, take a rockish break with thunder and return to piano in the end with a heartbreaking song. :flutter: and so far BB gives me white dress/LMLYLAW/DTWD vibes (the BRIDGE:trisha: I CRAVE for a whole song in that style)

now that jack's gone i hope she will find a new sound though, even if it stays very stripped-down. idk, even with WW and BB you can tell it's something a bit different. not to be a jack hater i'm just tired of him and kinda want her to move on