Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, Ziegfeld Follies said:

i secretly pray i talk to jesus ends up on the record :rollin:

I only liked this to give you your first reputation point :oprah3:

40 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

How the tides have turned…Jack feeding us through the Lana drought :ma:

The turns have tabled :ma:

4 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

I'm just tired as heck of people complaining about the release date here and there (Insta, Twitter, etc). We *just* had an album in March AND three *unannounced* surprise-released singles in May. The album is coming, just be patient. It's not like Lana doesn't give us enough music. We're not in a Sky situation. Let Lana drop the album when she feels like it. I bet we'll have enough news about it (maybe even another single? :dua:by the next month.

nobody complains about the release dates, the annoying thing is that she announces an album that is not even finished and then delays it three times. I'm sure no one would complain if she announced things when she was sure they were finished and ready to set a release date.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I think it’s obvious that nothings probably coming for several weeks with Billie releasing this week, I’m sure that’s all they’re focusing on. Maybe mid to late august at the earliest I imagine. 

6 minutes ago, Distantly said:

I think it’s obvious that nothings probably coming for several weeks with Billie releasing this week, I’m sure that’s all they’re focusing on. Maybe mid to late august at the earliest I imagine. 

It‘s also holiday season, so I think too that mid / late august makes sense :)

Spoiler

I hate waiting :kum:

Realistically, I think the single is dropping the end of summer and the album probably won’t arrive until the end of this year or the top of next year. From a business point of view, perhaps they are waiting until January 2022 so that Blue Banisters gets more exposure as it coincides with Born to Die’s 10 year anniversary. People talking about BTD’s legacy and Lana being celebrated in the mainstream for her longevity after 10 years is the perfect time to release a new album, commercially-speaking.

37 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

nobody complains about the release dates, the annoying thing is that she announces an album that is not even finished and then delays it three times. I'm sure no one would complain if she announced things when she was sure they were finished and ready to set a release date.

Maybe I was not clear, but I referred to the delays. Yeah, it can still be annoying, but if we consider the amount of material she usually puts out, I think it doesn't really matter if she delays things. Just as long as she doesn't *scrap* them I'm alright with it.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Realistically, I think the single is dropping the end of summer and the album probably won’t arrive until the end of this year or the top of next year. From a business point of view, perhaps they are waiting until January 2022 so that Blue Banisters gets more exposure as it coincides with Born to Die’s 10 year anniversary. People talking about BTD’s legacy and Lana being celebrated in the mainstream for her longevity after 10 years is the perfect time to release a new album, commercially-speaking.

Releasing in January has never been the industry’s strong suit because it’s the slowest month of the year in terms of sales as those albums tend to be forgotten very soon. It worked for BTD because it was a first album with a lot of successful or talked-about singles beforehand (and even then, it didn’t peak to number 1). Though it would be a beautiful homage to release BB near the 10-year anniversary of BTD, the album would get very much unnoticed I’m afraid.

and on a personal note, I want the damn thing sooner than that :p 

15 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Realistically, I think the single is dropping the end of summer and the album probably won’t arrive until the end of this year or the top of next year

that phrase ‘top of the year’ has me traumatized from nfr era

I'm feeling the single end of August, album mid October. :legend:

And then maybe the long-desired album of 25 unreleased tracks to celebrate Born To Die's 10 year anniversary :party:

DISCLAIMER: I KNOW IT’S COMING FROM DIOR!!! AND I KNOW HIS REPUTATION HERE!!! 
BUT WE ARE STARVING!! 
but let’s put him to the test…. If he ends up being right, then good!! If he fails, well..

The single is supposed to be released within a month of the snippet posting, along with tracklist and release date. Apparently, Dealer is there. 

21 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I hope it doesn't I'd want her to do something special for the anniversary since there are many opportunities that could stem from that - and I'm sure her label wouldn't let her ignore BTD's anniversary and overshadowing it with another potentially critically acclaimed album wouldn't be nice for the BTD stans :(