Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

So I took a look at her insta and before she posted the COTCC cover & tracklist she posted a Happy Birthday post  dedicated to Joan Baez. And now she is wishing Happy Birthday to her friends as well. I think after the last Happy Birthday post she will post sth about the album. So do you guys know if any of her friends has birthday in the rest of June or is Val the last one having bday in June ? Maybe sth is coming pretty soon then :raven:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

25 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Plot twist: BB, WW, and TB are all scrapped too and just standalone singles :oopna:

Bigger plot twist: BB, WW, and TB are all scrapped too and get removed from all streaming platforms :oopna:

Even bigger plottwist: She releases three albums on the 4th of July. Each of the already released singles is on a different album :oopna:

Spoiler

Album 1: Pre-fame / Lizzie Grant with WW

Album 2: eras from BTD to COCC with TB

Album 3: Revenge and healing with BB

Go full delulu or go home :oopna:

Just now, COCC said:

Even bigger plottwist: She releases three albums on the 4th of July. Each of the already released singles is on a different album :oopna:

Hide contents

*FULL DELULU MODE ACTIVATED*

8paJK3GSwHzlADLRyMuNV-xNmEAVrST2cio_x8xX

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

34 minutes ago, COCC said:

Reveal hidden contents

I suggested that idea and I was dead serious about it lol.

May she will keep her word this time. 

It’s good to note the press release last month didn’t include the album title, so it’s possible the album name change has been known internally for a good bit and the news just got out 

I do think July 4th is possible and I think getting the album digitally first and physicals later is also possible!

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, COCC said:

Hide contents

That would be collapse, here for it:worship:

Album 1: Wildflower Wildfire

Album 2: Costco the Santa Clarita

Album 3: Greenwich Acid Cherry Pie

1 minute ago, Nikogo said:

It’s good to note the press release last month didn’t include the album title, so it’s possible the album name change has been known internally for a good bit and the news just got out 

I do think July 4th is possible and I think getting the album digitally first and physicals later is also possible!

but wasn’t there the whole "she can’t release cocc digitally because of the new billboard rule otherwise it’ll flop" thing ? 

https://www.umusic.ca/press-releases/ana-del-rey-releases-three-new-tracks-blue-banisters-text-book-and-wildflower-wildfire/

this is the press release I’m talking about 

Just now, lanasbottom said:

but wasn’t there the whole "she can’t release cocc digitally because of the new billboard rule otherwise it’ll flop" thing ? 

yeah but COCC did terrible stream wise, and broke records with the physicals..I’m sure the label knows her fans will buy the physicals whenever they come out. Plus she broke records like 3 months ago, it’s possible they’re letting her do more of her own thing this time around

but, this is all speculation! It’s possible she turned in the finished record with the new tracks and new title months ago and everything is being released together 

"Don’t forget me"

5 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

yess i was thinking this especially because of all the promo that said “blue banisters out now”... im sure they wouldnt have titled the promo that if that was still the albums title yknow? 

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

Plot twist: BB, WW, and TB are all scrapped too and just standalone singles :oopna:

Bigger plot twist: BB, WW, and TB are all scrapped too and get removed from all streaming platforms :oopna:

Lol i wouldn’t want them to be removed from platforms, but we’ll have to see if they stil fit on the new album (almost certain they will). Those three really form a small EP (I call them The Trauma EP lol), which could transition into the next album. But it won’t probably happen. 
this morning, I was listening to them although they are good, I can’t seem them beginning the album. All of her albums (and almost all the albums I know) have a certain structure to the first 3 tracks: 

- track 1: immersion into the universe of the album, buildup: 

- track 2: something a bit different, a bit more subtle but as strong as track 1;

- track 3: fiery bop - ish or something closer to track 1. 
the three tracks are excellent, but clearly don’t sound tracks 1 to 3 to me. Although I know I haven’t heard the rest of the record :ahh:

I don’t think they’re supper concerned about getting a number 1 debut. Look at Taylor Swift, she’s one of the biggest names right now and both folklore and evermore didn’t get physicals sent out for months and months. Money is money, and they already made a good chunk out of her in March and if there’s 5 vinyls coming out in August or September, Lana fans are gonna buy it, the label will get its coin 

"Don’t forget me"

I mean even if vinyls are not shipped on release, the total sales would be the same in the end (just not on the first week). But if they want a high debut, they need the physicals cause Lana does great in streaming but in the long run, not on debut.

giphy.gif

i literally can't believe it's coming out on july 4th, that's less than 3 weeks :trisha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

8 hours ago, Diamantes WILD said:

sherwin fucking williams 
contemplating home depot fires 
heaters in the arboretum 
ultratextbook 
born to read 
lust for wildfires 

WITH HIS ULTRATEXTBOOK, ULTRATEXTBOOK, ULTRATEXTBOOK, ULTRATEXTBOOK I CAN HEAR TEACHERS, TEACHERS, THEY TAUGHT ME AND IT FELT LIKE A KISS :hair: :beyonce:

Bop of the year incoming I fear :omg:

35 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I don’t think they’re supper concerned about getting a number 1 debut. Look at Taylor Swift, she’s one of the biggest names right now and both folklore and evermore didn’t get physicals sent out for months and months. Money is money, and they already made a good chunk out of her in March and if there’s 5 vinyls coming out in August or September, Lana fans are gonna buy it, the label will get its coin 

I agree with you for the most parts, but Taylor is a class on her own. She is the number female singer and she can pull out any release she wants because she does so well with streaming alone (even her rereleases do well). Lana does good on the long run, rather than on week 1, plus with vinyls on week 1. Anyways, as a fan that doesn’t care that much for vinyls on week 1, I hope we do get the record on July 4 on streaming and preorder the damn physical bundles for later.