Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

idg why the concept of a forum is so hard to grasp for yall

if you want to have off-topic discussion, make a new thread. it works on atrl, it works on PHF, it works on GGD, it works on every other non-music-related forum but not on LB like... why

if you want one single huge thread w/ all the action happening in there thats called a chatroom :rip:

spamming this thread with unneccessary off-topic stuff makes it chaotic and unnavigable. yall can still have fun in the appropriate threads, where exactly is the problem, jeeeesus

it would also shift the attention of the forum to other parts of it which are a fucking cemetary because everyone is only posting in here

image.png

this thread is already 1328 pages long lol are people supposed to be able to navigate it? i think it works better as a reflection of the *current* state of the era, a discussion of what is *currently* happening with BB etc. (which is... not much other than whatever feelings of anticipation is left amongst us)

and i think there should be room for people to have a personality on here - which is what makes it hugely popular in the first place - unlike atrl where everyones strikes me as kind of unfeeling n flat lol

Edited by Alison by Slowdive

mUENGN9.png

9 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

this thread is already 1328 pages long lol are people supposed to be able to navigate it? i think it works better as a reflection of the *current* state of the era, a discussion of what is *currently* happening with BB etc. (which is... not much other than whatever feelings of anticipation is left amongst us)

i think there should be room for people to have a personality on here, unlike atrl where everyones strikes me as kind of unfeeling n flat lol

guess what, if yall stayed on topic it should be navigable. congrats, you got my point.

image.png

8 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

guess what, if yall stayed on topic it should be navigable. congrats, you got my point.

So what's the topic :yawn:

19 hours ago, FallingCherry said:

Why do you guys want so many leaked songs on the album when we could have new songs instead :ohno: Thunder and Cherry Blossom are enough already leaked songs for one album

I don't get it either. I want new, never before-heard music that I can attach new memories and emotions to, not songs I've heard before and already have at my disposal and can listen to anytime... Its worrying how some of y'all think... add all the unreleased songs to the album if you want them, but don't make it a "thing" to try and manifest it for all of us because we look towards the future and aren't caught up in the past ?

6 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

please no not all on one album unless it's specifically the unreleased favorite 25 album

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! 

28 minutes ago, ST CLAIRE said:

I don't get it either. I want new, never before-heard music that I can attach new memories and emotions to, not songs I've heard before and already have at my disposal and can listen to anytime... Its worrying how some of y'all think... add all the unreleased songs to the album if you want them, but don't make it a "thing" to try and manifest it for all of us because we look towards the future and aren't caught up in the past ?

Some people would love a 20 tracks album with, let’s say, 5 different unreleased songs, but is it really necessary? 15/16 tracks is more than enough for one album. If we want a cohesive album without some of the track sounding the same, less if better. And out of 16 tracks, I’d rather have new material than previously unreleased songs that have been leaked for years. Knowing we will get Thunder and Cherry Blossom on BB, we really don’t need more leaked songs on it. Dealer is fine because we’ve never heard it, but if Lana wants to release more leaked songs, she should just drop an album full of them as a little gift for the fans in between two bigger projects.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

48 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Cant wait to see how many songs this album will have. I expect at least 14 since we’ll have heard four already. I’d go with 12 long ones. 

I’d say about the same as LFL, considering she released 3 singles at the same time, will soon release another one, and we already know Thunder and CB. That’ll make 6 known tracks before the album (for most fans of course, because not every casual listener knows about her leaked songs) so I expect a long one, with at least as many tracks as NFR had

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

To be honest babes my internet is awful and pages take a long time to load if they have a ton of gifs but I don’t really mind they are enjoyable and funny and those kind of posts are the reason I keep coming back to this forum. 

I think there should be a pinned Lana news post on the homepage which only mods can update (like @Clampigirl’s timeline). It helps the guests & people who Only want news. 

Also, I don’t really think it’s hard to navigate like usually when something happens everyone is hyper-on-topic so if nobody’s on topic just kinda assume nothings happened or check the timeline x

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

the gifs n personalities on this forum are literally why i joined. plus this thread isnt hard to navigate at all if you just keep up with it. we’re hype for a new album n wanna talk about all things lana that could or could not have influenced this release. pages n pages of funny n lighthearted posts some even completely related to the topic have been moved for no reason. let people have fun. i can see a ton of members becoming inactive in the near future because of it. 

9 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

To be honest babes my internet is awful and pages take a long time to load if they have a ton of gifs but I don’t really mind they are enjoyable and funny and those kind of posts are the reason I keep coming back to this forum. 

I think there should be a pinned Lana news post on the homepage which only mods can update (like @Clampigirl’s timeline). It helps the guests & people who Only want news. 

Also, I don’t really think it’s hard to navigate like usually when something happens everyone is hyper-on-topic so if nobody’s on topic just kinda assume nothings happened or check the timeline x

this is a great idea i totally agree with this. leave the news to a news thread and let the pre-release thread be hype n fun 

14 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

THISSSS! one of the reasons I even joined lanaboards was because of the big personality’s here and how funny people are, when there’s literally crumbs to work with we can’t just talk about the same 3 songs and album cover lmao the gifs and discussions is basically a time capsule of exactly what was happening during during this time but when things are constantly being moved it kinda begins to make this pre release bland tbh. I completely agree that there should be a pinned post where only mods can post giving the latest updates! 

AstonishingPoisedFruitfly-size_restrictetumblr_n4u8spzSeQ1trmnojo1_500.gifv

6 hours ago, Elle said:

That is what this thread is actually meant for.

I’ve thought about creating another thread for people to post Blue Banisters memes, gif spams, jokes, etc so this thread could be a clean place for discussion, theories, thoughts, etc.

So there would be this thread: Blue Banisters Pre-Release Discussion Thread

and: Blue Banisters Pre-Release Hype Thread

& that way people who actually want to discuss or post other meaningful contributions can do so without having to filter through spam, and those who just want to make silly fun posts can have their own space to do so. Similar to our UFB Pre-Leak thread. 

im just not sure if people would get confused with two threads. Of course we could always try it out and just see how things go and if it doesn’t work just start from square one again. But I’ve already been receiving reports from the spam in here tonight so idk maybe it would be a good idea to have two separate threads for Blue Banisters stuff.

Also I’ve been heavily considering just knocking this thread back to a Pre-Pre-Release thread. We never even had one for this era because she seemingly announced it so quickly, but since that didn’t pan out, maybe I should change this one to be a Pre-Pre-Release until we get some sort of actual release date. That doesnt really change much except for this thread will be locked and a new one will be created when we’re further along in the release cycle as usual.

anyway, just thoughts, but I’m off to sleep now! x

checked IPs, this is a unique account lol not one of us. Only one account per user anyways! :mj2: but believe it or not, there are users besides us mods who would like this thread to be just for discussion so people don’t have to sort through spam (as evident by multiple reports I receive), which is why I’ve toyed around with the idea of two threads - one for discussion and one for hype. Just not sure how well it would go x

But for years we've had the pre-release threads like this where gifs, memes, and other jokes were allowed. It's just that moving posts makes things messier since the posts that are reference to other posts are now out of order in other threads and make no sense when other posts are kept here so now the Random Lana Discussion thread becomes the LB Out of Context Sequel thread. And then having two pre-release threads could be confusing bc you might not know where to post something and those gifs work perfectly in certain conversations :/ 

sorry elle i just wanted to say something and hope it makes sense. i could understand if we had more people trolling and shitposting but it doesn't happen all the time and it's not like we've had a giant growth of people in this thread talking. there's not much to talk about so it's usually the same 10-15 of us talking about it until there's news-- otherwise this thread would stay at the same page count for 6 months

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

6 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

is there a thread for the unreleased favourites album? i want to make a tracklist :stareney2:

i don't think so lol but at this point i don't think it's coming. didn't she say that like in 2017? lmao

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole