Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

We’ve noticed that the leaks before Chemtrails (I Talk to Jesus and Living Legend especially) kind of fit the sound of the album, so I hope French Restaurant’s vocal treatment in particular is an indicator of Blue Banisters. Not only did it fit sonically with the BB snippet, but I feel like that very pretty and faintly synthetic vocal style is very possible with Mike Dean’s production. 

48 minutes ago, theelusivechanteur said:

The album is coming October 22nd. Lana is clearly just waiting for me to get a job, so that she can drain me of my income, serving 5 professional high-budget visuals with brilliant cinematography and storytelling and 4 vinyl variants, a pearlescent white vinyl included. :legend:

The way my budget wouldn’t even complain if this was released in fall :lmao:

2 hours ago, Distantly said:

I blame everyone for not doing anything with TJF!!! And Wild at Heart honestly. And DBJAG. And the fact Yosemite was paid dust is also a crime. But anyways lol…

Yes chem did great physically in US and UK. I never really understood that Rolling Stone thing either. If it indeed did 98k that’s actually amazing but I just go by what Billboard said since they’re the ones who do the charts and reporting I guess. 

Nonetheless I think first week in US Chem only translated 20some thousand sales via streams and that’s tragic when there are other artists who sell nothing physically but do over 100k from streaming alone. Yes a lot of that is from having singles and playlisting. But if her team does a better job at promo and just some more playlisting (the singles did Indeed have some I’ll say that) then she could at least as a whole album steam better even without singles and have way better sales from streaming. I think forcing her to do a digital and CD only album would help accomplish that is all I’m suggesting!

IMO the best rollout for COCC would’ve been this:

Release White Dress as the lead single around November: White Dress is objectively a great song and critics would’ve loved it. It would’ve been a great way to promote this albums sound. Releasing LMLYLW was a mistake as it’s not an outstanding song and was not really a great material to grab the attention of the GP.

Then release TJF around January with a great video and send it to radios and playlists. Tulsa could’ve easily become a hit and that would've gave COCC the streamings it needed.

Lastly release title track 1-2 weeks before the album release as one last promo.

COCC did really well on pure because of the endless vinyl versions  that her hardcore fans bought. We can now see how it’s starting to go down on the lists as the people who wanted the vinyls already got them and now COCC sales are depending on streamings which it lacks.

3 minutes ago, Umaniac said:

Release White Dress as the lead single around November: White Dress is objectively a great song and critics would’ve loved it. It would’ve been a great way to promote this albums sound. Releasing LMLYLW was a mistake as it’s not an outstanding song and was not really a great material to grab the attention of the GP.

Then release TJF around January with a great video and send it to radios and playlists. Tulsa could’ve easily become a hit and that would've gave COCC the streamings it needed.

Lastly release title track 1-2 weeks before the album release as one last promo.

COCC did really well on pure because of the endless vinyl versions  that her hardcore fans bought. We can now see how it’s starting to go down on the lists as the people who wanted the vinyls already got them and now COCC sales are depending on streamings which it lacks.

Agree 100%. 

DaringAdventurousKob-max-1mb.gif

8 minutes ago, Umaniac said:

We could’ve had it all if it was planned out well :cryney2:

3 minutes ago, Distantly said:

We could’ve had it all if it was planned out well :cryney2:

I wasn’t around until lfl so I just saw the last three eras and they all were a mess? her team just ain’t it (her team is literally herself but whatever)

1 hour ago, StillOnMyMind said:

what annoys me the most is her posting a snippet of the song and video (which are clearly done)

please... she's still waiting for that cocc check to come in so she can finally pick out a $8 picsart premium filter for the video

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

1 hour ago, GrenadineGrass said:

i'm hoping that she will do something like norman, release music with a period of months away from the album, like bb can release on july and then another single just in august, and then the release in sep or oct

Lead single in July & album in September is not like Norman. 

Even COCC had a longer rollout than that (5 months between lead single & album release).

1 minute ago, DearSociety13 said:

Lead single in July & album in September is not like Norman. 

Even COCC had a longer rollout than that (5 months between lead single & album release).

But cocc wasn't planned to be longer, btw i was just imagined something like the rollout of nfr, it could be longer and throwed random months 

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

6 minutes ago, One with the Gods said:

Hopefully this album is gonna be like NFR! + COCC

I also would like her to put Roses Bloom for You or Dealer or both on it x

I really liked NFR and COCC but if this album sounds similar I’m going to miss when ever era was drastically different in terms of production and instrumentation :toofunny:

2 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

We’ve noticed that the leaks before Chemtrails (I Talk to Jesus and Living Legend especially) kind of fit the sound of the album, so I hope French Restaurant’s vocal treatment in particular is an indicator of Blue Banisters. Not only did it fit sonically with the BB snippet, but I feel like that very pretty and faintly synthetic vocal style is very possible with Mike Dean’s production. 

#LeakCrazyForYou

#LeakPianoTheme

#LeakFineChinaUVVersion

#LeakHowToDisappearPianoDemo

#LeakDon'tStop

#LeakQueenOfHearts

#LeakDealer

For a better BB promo

I read lanaboards for years, but never made an account because everything seemed stressful. I was right.

A round of applause to everyone that is here since 2012/2014 :mariah:

You are warriors

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

You can start already cause there's no way she releases on the 4th of July :sadcore6:

Which only points out how ridiculous she is when posting: I mean, if she had kept her mouth shut until May, nobody would have expected anything from her for at least six months. Maybe this is why we are already « over » COCC: she already gave us two dates that won’t come through, plus a snippet. Any delay at this point will only disappoint us... when in all objectivity, we are getting another album before the end of the year (the shortest we ever had to wait for a complete album from her). 

6 hours ago, One with the Gods said:

Hopefully this album is gonna be like NFR! + COCC

I also would like her to put Roses Bloom for You or Dealer or both on it x

If it must be similar to one of those two, I'd rather it be similar to NFR. The guitars, synths and even faint strings were so powerful, whereas cocc felt really weak in comparison :(

I would love another LS strings intro, TG guitar solo, or even VB/CG/FIILY synth outro! 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: