Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

is lana del rey working on eight albums? rock candy sweet, blue banisters, folk covers, country covers, but what about american standards & classics? behind the iron gates audiobook?

the album she did with zach dawes could leak at any time, and pacific blue is probably hiding away in rick's computer...

:et:

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

is lana del rey working on eight albums? rock candy sweet, blue banisters, folk covers, country covers, but what about american standards & classics? behind the iron gates audiobook?

the album she did with zach dawes could leak at any time, and pacific blue is probably hiding away in rick's computer...

:et:

She contains multitudes, was Burnt Norton meant to foreshadow this. Only she knows!

While I think it’s unlikely Rock Candy Sweet and Blue Banisters are different albums, it’d honestly be so fitting for them to have the two different edits of the same selfie as their album covers if they were different albums. Idk I think that’d be perfect. Like showing two different sides of herself. :really:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

On 4/30/2021 at 1:48 AM, White Dress said:

Am I the only one who doesn't get the hype for Cherry Blossom? It just doesn't really do much in any way for me. Pretty song though!

Cherry blossom

is

her

best

song

~~~~

May be even better than Yosemite.

Mmeow~

58 minutes ago, VioletPrincess said:

Unpopular opinion perhaps, I want Iron Gates before the first single + album :tsk:

Seriously, I want to enjoy it like NFR+Violet. It makes them shine so much more together. COTCC is already amazing, but just imagine the glow up with her poems inbetween :omg::lange::crying::oprah2:

56 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

THEORY INCOMING (bear with me) - 

Spoiler

Okay so I went back and read the Music Week issue and I remember either Ben or Ed said “she has two albums in mind, I think” and proceeded to talk about “the plan” that they’ve been trying to do for years, which they finally think they can pull off. 

Now, I don’t want to sound delusional but I don’t necessarily know anymore if the “two albums in mind” were the album that would follow Chemtrails and the cover album. 

The reason I think this is because:

1. There are 2 cover albums confirmed to be in existence - one of American standards and classic folk songs, and another of pure country songs. Yes, she may have merged the two, but at the time of this interview, they were distinguished as two separate cover albums. So it can’t be LDR 8 PLUS only one cover album.

2. She never archived the post on IG about Rock Candy Sweet. Surely, she has archived posts before, namely snippets and the initial April 2020 announcements for Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass. So if the album truly was retitled, then wouldn’t she just delete the RCS post in place of BB?

So, my theory is...

There are TWO albums.

- Rock Candy Sweet, which will be the album that challenges her place in the music industry, the crazy year she’s had in the public eye, and accusations of glamourizing domestic abuse and cultural appropriation.

- Blue Banisters, which will be the album that takes stock of her life in between being a famous person and discusses personal developments, tells her own story, etc. 

3. On November 17, she said she was working on two albums in a tweet. Chemtrails was already done at that point, so it could’ve been RCS and BB or BB/RCS (if they are the same album) and the cover album, but we’ll see. 

Now, I know I said all this but I’m not entirely sold on it :rip: but I just thought I’d throw it out there to anyone who wants to add in their two cents. I’m leaning way more towards Blue Banisters being a retitled-Rock Candy Sweet.

tenor.gif
I love you(r brain) so much girl :trisha: It's the way you make me want to believe

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

On 4/29/2021 at 6:29 PM, lizzyschemtrails said:

I can totally see Roses Bloom For You or Fine China being on this new record, possibly even Cherry Blossom. Thematically and sonically, it sounds close to what we’ve heard from BB so far. 

Omg. I would be so happy if we'd have the final version of Fine China...

Mmeow~

Just now, recklessdaughter said:

While I think it’s unlikely Rock Candy Sweet and Blue Banisters are different albums, it’d honestly be so fitting for them to have the two different edits of the same selfie as their album covers if they were different albums. Idk I think that’d be perfect. Like showing two different sides of herself. :really:

I thought this also! If by some chance there are two diff albums I’d love the idea of having matching covers with a slight variation to distinguish the two diff povs/moods. 

10 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

Cherry blossom

is

her

best

song

~~~~

May be even better than Yosemite.

It’s beautiful and I would say on par with Yosemite and white dress. Always makes me tear up. Waiting for Angelina and Clementine daughters reveal :flutter:

I've got theory that I want to share with you. 

We all know that the first tittle for Lana's upcoming album was "Rock Candy Sweet" and she showed us a selfie as a cover.

The second time we knew about the album she let us know that the tittle was changed but with the same cover "Blue Banisters"

Here's my theory, since an alleged insider said that that's no the cover what if none of those titles is the real one and she's just playing with us. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

Ahhhhhh a double album'd be great, but I'm still hoping that RCS is still the name of the album, n BB is just a track title attached to RCS. 
it overexposes her n currently, the peoples' perception of her isn't as good so it could totally just backfire. 

the realities that I'm sorta paving in my head are if there were 2. it'd have to be the collab album w N. Lane. and her own. 
and if she does do them at the same time, I'm wondering which she'll put more effort in promoting toward. 

btig's still in the works. 

covers album? invisible like cocc promo at least atm? mm idk. 

what I'd really like to know is the 25 unreleased tracks she mentioned a whiiiiiile back. though knowing how she likes to add in some older songs to her official albums, it just feels a bit distant to think about. 

RCS?  - sorta, check. 
country album? - TBA
BTIG - to be updated. 

but i mean hey, i'd wanna be pleasantly surprised too yea fs gxUnohc.gif

UV/Honeymoon

7 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

Ahhhhhh a double album'd be great, but I'm still hoping that RCS is still the name of the album, n BB is just a track title attached to RCS. 
it overexposes her n currently, the peoples' perception of her isn't as good so it could totally just backfire. 

the realities that I'm sorta paving in my head are if there were 2. it'd have to be the collab album w N. Lane. and her own. 
and if she does do them at the same time, I'm wondering which she'll put more effort in promoting toward. 

btig's still in the works. 

covers album? invisible like cocc promo at least atm? mm idk. 

what I'd really like to know is the 25 unreleased tracks she mentioned a whiiiiiile back. though knowing how she likes to add in some older songs to her official albums, it just feels a bit distant to think about. 

RCS?  - sorta, check. 
country album? - TBA
BTIG - to be updated. 

but i mean hey, i'd wanna be pleasantly surprised too yea fs gxUnohc.gif

What if Blue Banisters is the album of unreleased tracks or Pacific Blue?

1 hour ago, BluebirdXO said:

It wasn't accidentally hitting a fan in a concert? Or he did something else?

I looked it up and he got in a fight, was accused of assault and had a short sentence in prison. 

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I looked it up and he got in a fight, was accused of assault and had a short sentence in prison. 

:rip: my platonic love for him

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

THEORY INCOMING (bear with me) - 

Okay so I went back and read the Music Week issue and I remember either Ben or Ed said “she has two albums in mind, I think” and proceeded to talk about “the plan” that they’ve been trying to do for years, which they finally think they can pull off. 

Now, I don’t want to sound delusional but I don’t necessarily know anymore if the “two albums in mind” were the album that would follow Chemtrails and the cover album. 

The reason I think this is because:

1. There are 2 cover albums confirmed to be in existence - one of American standards and classic folk songs, and another of pure country songs. Yes, she may have merged the two, but at the time of this interview, they were distinguished as two separate cover albums. So it can’t be LDR 8 PLUS only one cover album.

2. She never archived the post on IG about Rock Candy Sweet. Surely, she has archived posts before, namely snippets and the initial April 2020 announcements for Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass. So if the album truly was retitled, then wouldn’t she just delete the RCS post in place of BB?

So, my theory is...

There are TWO albums.

- Rock Candy Sweet, which will be the album that challenges her place in the music industry, the crazy year she’s had in the public eye, and accusations of glamourizing domestic abuse and cultural appropriation.

- Blue Banisters, which will be the album that takes stock of her life in between being a famous person and discusses personal developments, tells her own story, etc. 

3. On November 17, she said she was working on two albums in a tweet. Chemtrails was already done at that point, so it could’ve been RCS and BB or BB/RCS (if they are the same album) and the cover album, but we’ll see. 

Now, I know I said all this but I’m not entirely sold on it :rip: but I just thought I’d throw it out there to anyone who wants to add in their two cents. I’m leaning way more towards Blue Banisters being a retitled-Rock Candy Sweet.

Anything is possible with her, but it would be weird to release an album and another one a month later, like why not make it a double album? But again, who knows?

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

Anything is possible with her, but it would be weird to release an album and another one a month later, like why not make it a double album? But again, who knows?

i’ll stick to the woman can’t release ONE album in 2 years without delaying it 4 times i don’t see her release THREE in a 3 month period :biblio:

13 minutes ago, Crys10 said:

What if Blue Banisters is the album of unreleased tracks or Pacific Blue?

something in how the promo or lack thereof makes it just feel like a forgotten or at least distant project. if she were to follow thru, it'd probably just be followed up-with or announced properly even first. she seems to be preoccupied w her other stuff going on regardless

UV/Honeymoon

1 minute ago, BluebirdXO said:

:rip: my platonic love for him

Well at least ASAP was not accused of any crime against a woman. Imagine a collab with a real abuser, now that would be glamorizing domestic abuse :thumb3: