Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, Doll Harlow said:

I haven't kept up with everything, so question: did Mike Dean produce all 3 of the new songs? Did Jack do Blue Banisters?

No, Jack wasn't involved in these 3 and Mike only did Wildflower

BzhmW.png

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

Blue Banisters - Gabe Simon 

Text Book - Gabe Simon and Zachary Dawes

Wildflower Wildfire - Mike Dean

Thank you :heart:

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

i know not everyone was happy with mikes production but out of the 3 singles I think ww was the most recent (and the best :hooker:). 

bb was probably written close after the contemplating at costco the santa clairta fires post/ when chuck found out she was pregnant/ when she got tex and mex 

text book seems like it was written june of last year during the blm protests and after her break up with sean 

ww is kinda a wild card but I think she may have written in january? or when she started working with mike in march. 

anyways i’m really happy with mikes contribution and so excited to hear more of them together. there was something so classic about the lyricism and emotional vocals of ww like he brought back that sarcastic fire in her that’s apparent in uv  

12 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

i know not everyone was happy with mikes production but out of the 3 singles I think ww was the most recent (and the best :hooker:). 

bb was probably written close after the contemplating at costco the santa clairta fires post/ when chuck found out she was pregnant/ when she got tex and mex 

text book seems like it was written june of last year during the blm protests and after her break up with sean 

ww is kinda a wild card but I think she may have written in january? or when she started working with mike in october. 

anyways i’m really happy with mikes contribution and so excited to hear more of them together. there was something so classic about the lyricism and emotional vocals of ww like he brought back that sarcastic fire in her that’s apparent in uv  

Oooh how do we know she started working with Mike in October?!

I want to sleep, but I'm so euphoric and tired at the same time. I'm feeling like a kid, back from a school trip. Lana really knows how to create an emotional rollercoaster 

I just want to point out that it’s interesting she chose a selfie from when she was blonde for the single covers, given the lyric “Do you think if I go blonde we could get our old love back?”

That, paired with the lyric, “My father never stepped in when his wife would rage at me,” also makes me think about the “bruises” she added onto two of the covers, as well as the promised-challenging of accusations that she glamorizes domestic abuse. 

These two things considered - alongside the theory that she’s playing into the jokes people have made about her previous single/album covers - really shows that the single covers are well thought-out. You may not think they’re the most aesthetically pleasing, but you can’t really deny the fact that Lana is clearly trying to evoke something out of her listeners. I love it :heart:

5 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Notice in the press release it says ‘ 8th studio album’ and not Blue Banisters….she’s changed the title again hasn’t she?

that’s what i’m hoping :oop:

wildfire would be such a good title 

or rcs of course :hooker:

4 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

that’s what i’m hoping :oop:

wildfire would be such a good title 

or rcs of course :hooker:

I’m really convinced now, considering the single cover was what she posted, Blue Banisters was never the album title, which helps!

15 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

omg i meant march SORRY lemme edit 

and that’s just when they started following each other on instagram 

Ohhh thank you lol!