Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I guess she will have her revenge by singing about the topics critics always bring up. So far we had:

- „Daddy issues“

- Black live matters

- Glamorizing abuse

What might follow next:

- QFTC

- Not not being a feminist

Which controversies are left? I wish I was dead already? I hope she won‘t sing about the mesh mask :eek:

Edit: I forgot her people discovering their existential crisis because of the pandemic story :paris:

I really like the new tracks, the lyricism and the vulnerability that she showed us, these are truly her most personal releases ever, pure poetry in music BUT to be completely honest I'm not sure whether the whole album full of such tracks would be that great to listen to, these songs are very...heavy, it would be like a whole album full of HIADTs

1 minute ago, COCC said:

I guess she will have her revenge by singing about the topics critics always bring up. So far we had:

- „Daddy issues“

- Black live matters

- Glamorizing abuse

What might follow next:

- QFTC

Which controversies are left? I wish I was dead already? I hope she won‘t sing about the mesh mask :eek:

Blue Banisters addresses not not being a feminist imo. Another controversy is her cultural appropriation especially Latino street culture? 

39 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

im scared this album will have like 10 or 11 tracks

Many great albums have 11 tracks. Melodrama, UV standard..many to say now

4 minutes ago, COCC said:

- „Daddy issues“

- Black live matters

- Glamorizing abuse

What might follow next:

- QFTC

Lolita, rape video, cultural appropriation, Complex Magazine diss track, So Legit, Radiohead, Azealia Banks (Art Deco 2.0), Lorde, Marilyn Manson, rapper boyfriends, "I always loved the way they loved" and some others I can't remember right now

1 minute ago, NewportBitch said:

Blue Banisters addresses not not being a feminist imo. Another controversy is her cultural appropriation especially Latino street culture? 

True! People even brought that up in her NFR era :air:

Just now, YourGirl666 said:

Lolita, rape video, cultural appropriation, Complex Magazine diss track, So Legit, Radiohead, Azealia Banks, Lorde, rapper boyfriends, "I always loved the way they loved" and some others I can't remember right now

not us making a 14 pages front-and-back list of her controversies

3 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

Lolita, rape video, cultural appropriation, Complex Magazine diss track, So Legit, Radiohead, Azealia Banks (Art Deco 2.0), Lorde, Marilyn Manson, rapper boyfriends, "I always loved the way they loved" and some others I can't remember right now

Send help. I‘m not ready :air:

Which of these will be the Madonna collab? :mj:

1 minute ago, COCC said:

Send help. I‘m not ready :air:

Which of these will be the Madonna collab? :mj:

So Legit and Cultural Appropriation ones (Vogue 2.0. is coming ya little bitches)

And better 10-11 track album than 16-20 which half are fillers. LFL isn't bad album. All songs seperately sounds great, but listening them together are lowkey tireding. 

7 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

don't forget her not adressing the gentrification of brooklyn in brooklyn baby :omfg: 

WGe8ynS.gif

I would collapse if the final track of the album is called "Question for the Culture" lowkey manifesting :oic2: I honestly have complete faith that she could pull it off.

Maybe this is a reach, but Lana posting the homemade video for Pawn Shop Blues has me wondering if it will make an appearance on Blue Banisters. 

Skepticism surrounding Lana’s—even if brief—experiences with poverty (“...living on bread and oranges”) might continue the autobiographical nature of Blue Banisters. Given the recent information about her parental relationships, it might better explain why she was temporarily in this situation. 

Also, I would argue that it would fit pretty well sonically, complementing the singer-songwriter inclinations we’ve seen so far—not to mention it’s pretty strong lyricism, in my opinion

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

SEND HALP THESE SONGS ARE NOT GETTING OLD AND IM CRY ALL THE TIME :paris:

Seriously aging like a fine wine 

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds: