Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

On 5/13/2021 at 4:22 PM, DCooper said:

Prediction: Blue Banisters will be the best album of all time and finally get Lana her long deserved AOTY a decade after her big debut :wowcry:

Aging well so far :legend:

4 hours ago, Honeyyoung said:

i don't think interscope will EVER let lana get away with that selfie as an album cover, but who knows.

Did you see the Chemtrails album cover? The label doesn't seem to care about Lana. They have bigger pop artists on their label they care about. lol 

24 minutes ago, The First Who Ever Did said:

Lana has claimed she wants David Lynch to direct one of her videos. Listening to Text Book, I realized it's the perfect song for him to direct. They are a match made in heaven. Why can't someone make it happen?

He is 75 :eek:

2 minutes ago, The First Who Ever Did said:

At 71, he directed 18 episodes of Twin Peaks: The Return, some of his finest work. I'm sure that he will continue to invent as long as his heart is beating.

Here‘s the deal:

You are probably right :mj:

17 minutes ago, The First Who Ever Did said:

At 71, he directed 18 episodes of Twin Peaks: The Return, some of his finest work. I'm sure that he will continue to invent as long as his heart is beating.

YUPPPPP

16 minutes ago, Obduration said:

YUPPPPP

I didnt know Mr. Lynch was still so active. Good for him! The best dont rest :mj:

Anyway this is sending me :rip:

13 minutes ago, COCC said:

Anyway this is sending me :rip:

Not the Arrival Annihilation soundtrack :rip:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

4 hours ago, Diamantes WILD said:

I mean I wouldn't mind this as the cover tbh just get some groovy font for the title and her name done 
83wJchx.png

If people let's start criticizing this photo, she will use it as the album cover. Reverse psychology, let's go! lol :hide:

1 hour ago, The First Who Ever Did said:

Lana has claimed she wants David Lynch to direct one of her videos. Listening to Text Book, I realized it's the perfect song for him to direct. They are a match made in heaven. Why can't someone make it happen?

It's kind of insane that they have never worked together before. They're a match made in heaven. Lana once said that she liked his movies so she needs to contact his ass ASAP.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

she changed her youtube profile pic as well :slayty:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

1 hour ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Did you see the Chemtrails album cover? The label doesn't seem to care about Lana. They have bigger pop artists on their label they care about. lol 

I have always had in mind this, Interscope and Polydor seem to let Lana do whatever she wants, especially in this last album (The "alleged" cover of the album and the singles)
I feel like Lana has always had solid albums, with defined sounds and good themes, but BB has me thinking about what direction she is taking both the album and her career.
I think that until the Norman era we saw something solid and shaped but from Chemtrails until now I see the picture somewhat blurred.

Let's start by mentioning that Lana worked with Hip / Hop producers and ended up giving us a piano ballad with some percussion at the end of the song and no, it is not hate against the song, I really love these three singles, they are lyrically beautiful and their production I like it, but I don't understand why she changed to a producer of a specific genre (Mike) to give us something that she had already done with Jack. I do not want to sound delusional but this makes me believe that they could be having something better in their hands, Mike himself said that he will continue working with Lana; something "more" Mike (?

The truth is that I don't know what to expect from Lana, the album or her career and that has me both excited and scared.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I have a theory, it might be a reach but I want to share it anyway. Her title tracks have always either been the first or the second songs on her albums. And I see her albums as pairs: UV is the follow up to BTD (the consequences of fame and how destructive it can be, while also being in a unhealthy relationship). BTD is track 1 and UV track 2. Then there’s LFL as the follow up to HM. HM is the idealisation of love, but again it didn’t work and LFL being her journey to go from the black to the blue and figuring out why she couldn’t put her life together in the past. HM is track 1, LFL track 2. And finally, there’s NFR, COTCC and BB. Unlike her other albums, I see these three as a trio. NFR is an insight of her daily life, daily thoughts, she started being really introspective with this album. NFR is track 1. Then she released COTCC, where she reveals more of her past and continues the introspection. COTCC is track 2, and the album is clearly a continuation of NFR. But here’s the thing: I think BB will be the continuation of the two previous album, being even more introspective and expressing even deeper things. If NFR is her daily life and COTCC more about her past and her relation to fame, BB will be a mixture of both. Which leads me to think that for once, she’ll break the pattern and BB will be track 3.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

3 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Stop lying to yourself:sideeye: this selfie is the worst visual she ever released, even cocc cover is better, the fact she changed all of her Sm to this shit... The embarassment

I hate how people here act like this absolute laziness would be a sign of high artistic profile.

It's not like she has to either do a National Anthemesque visual OR  a potatoe quality selfie. You can do great visuals with a low budget and without much effort.

If she does not want to do photoshoots, she could just use an animation, a painting or whatever. 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

but seriously speaking I'm sure she'd have a great album cover to go along with those beautiful songs (and the rest of the album :excited:)

12 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Stop lying to yourself:sideeye: this selfie is the worst visual she ever released, even cocc cover is better, the fact she changed all of her Sm to this shit... The embarassment

Maybe I'm the one to blame:

On 5/4/2021 at 10:42 AM, COCC said:

Watch her change the profile picture on all her social media to this selfie :defeated:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQrKSNSrz1Aqwhcr2zailQ

Edit: Every time with a new filter ofc

I'm sorry :eek: