Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

i'm really digging mike dean and zach dawes/gabe simon's production. i'm praying that the album is full of songs produced by them and no jack at all. these songs truly feel like pre-NFR lana is back. :trisha:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

im just thinking why is interscope allowing her to release an album like that? Fans either love it or hate it. Locals listened once and moved on. Or didnt even listen at all. I thought after Cocc tanking harder than honeymoon they would make her record something more upbeat and gp friendly but its the opposite:eartha2: the selfie cover will be the nail to the coffin. I guess there will be 100 vinyl variants this time

As much as I dislike COCC it didn't tank, in fact is one of the most successful releases by a female artist this year :eek2:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

15 minutes ago, Cacciatore said:

As much as I dislike COCC it didn't tank, in fact is one of the most successful releases by a female artist this year :eek2:

Especially considering the real lack of any promo or effort, besides all the variants.:creep:

Honestly would not be surprised if they use the same game plan. Variants to kingdom come lol!

BB diary

Day 3

- Including Nikki Lamne in my gay prayers for introducing Lana to Gabe Simon :pray2:

- WW has surpassed TB and is my new fave. I believe in the supremacy of its last minute :lange:

- Took me too long to realize that BB‘s ending is beautiful too :krylie:

Really happy that a lot of people who I never expected to like the songs are enjoying them, but acting like these tracks are some huge leap from Chemtrails sonically is silly. If White Dress was released in this set of tracks, I would have thought they were from the same session. Following that, if I had no idea who produced Blue Banisters, I would have assumed it was a Jack track. You look and sound ridiculous 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Really happy that a lot of people who I never expected to like the songs are enjoying them, but acting like these tracks are some huge leap from Chemtrails sonically is silly. If White Dress was released in this set of tracks, I would have thought they were from the same session. Following that, if I had no idea who produced Blue Banisters, I would have assumed it was a Jack track. You look and sound ridiculous 

I think the arrangements and even the writing itself here are a lot more complex than those on COCC, like COCC itself and also NATWWAL and DTWD. 'Wild At Heart' is leagues away from these three tracks in terms of intent and complexity. It's a pop song, these are not. 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

I think the arrangements and even the writing itself here are a lot more complex than those on COCC, like COCC itself and also NATWWAL and DTWD. 'Wild At Heart' is leagues away from these three tracks in terms of intent and complexity. It's a pop song, these are not. 

Fair enough, and I agree with you. In terms of sound, I don't buy the whole "THESE SONGS SOUND SO MUCH DIFFERENT THAN COCC WOW!" We're not talking about a BTD -> UV 180 here

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Contemplating God said:

Fair enough, and I agree with you. In terms of sound, I don't buy the whole "THESE SONGS SOUND SO MUCH DIFFERENT THAN COCC WOW!" We're not talking about a BTD -> UV 180 here

And I agree with that. They're not a 180. Had these three been on COCC as is, I think it would have made COCC a greater record, but I, much to the dismay of almost everyone here, often think that LDR's albums would be better if the best songs from, say, UV and HM were released together as one album and the weaker tracks put aside. I think that would have made NFR and COCC better too, being no fan of NFR except for 3-4 tracks. 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

And I agree with that. They're not a 180. Had these three been on COCC as is, I think it would have made COCC a greater record, but I, much to the dismay of almost everyone here, often think that LDR's albums would be better if the best songs from, say, UV and HM were released together as one album and the weaker tracks put aside. I think that would have made NFR and COCC better too, being no fan of NFR except for 3-4 tracks. 

Yep. I see these songs as a development of Chemtrails, they're the sound she wanted the album to be like, that she couldn't get quite right by working with Jack. Same universe, just flourished.

44 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I can agree that it isn’t a huge shift sonically. There are similarities for sure.  For me it is the ambient background production in BB specifically that kind of separates it for me.  It just feels fuller to me in a sense.  That said no hate to Jack, NFR and Chemtrails were both amazing and beautiful.  Idk I guess the fuller sound with the dive into the deeper lyrics just make them feel a bit more prominent. 

1 minute ago, DLT said:

I can agree that it isn’t a huge shift sonically. There are similarities for sure.  For me it’s is the ambient background production in BB specifically that kind of separates it for me.  It just feels fuller to me in a sense.  That said no hate to Jack, NFR and Chemtrails were both amazing and beautiful.  Idk I guess the fuller sound with the dive into the deeper lyrics just make them feel a bit more prominent. 

100%. They're distinct enough from each other, but to me, these songs exist in the same universe and personal mindset as Chemtrails. It's her attempt to get at the sound she wanted for the album that she couldn't get through working with Jack.

43 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I'm not really sure about the timeline of when COCC and these songs were made but afaik, this is the first music we've heard that was written after QFTC and covid.

Although these songs share similarities with COCC, they feel like they're written from a different mindset with a lot more hurt. Every single line from these songs feels intentional and crafted. When listening I keep going back to hear each lyric because they're all thought provoking and conjure up a whole world of imagery. I didn't really get that with COCC because most of the songs felt quite repetitive and lacked a lot of conviction. If anything, TB, WW, and BB are lyrically closest to Hope.

The vocals are much clearer and stronger, and the layering feels a lot cleaner. The piano has more of a presence and the synths create an ambience that I didn't get from COCC.

I'm guessing that TB and BB were recorded towards the end of 2020? They feel subtly different to COCC, and WW, which was recorded this year, feels even more different. It seems that she's gradually moving away from her folky sound last year and now that she's working with Mike, I really hope that she'll try something new. :party:

GUYS IM BEGGING YOU GO LISTEN TO BB BY YOURSELF NEXT TO A BODY OF MOVING WATER AND JUST L I S T E N I HAD AN OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCEEEEE 

For me I would have to say BB=TB>WW but WW is probably gonna be up there too cause it’s truly a great song too 

Ouff this album wow I hope it gets released on the July 4 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

Madonna posting stories with candies and now captioning BLUE on the instagram. I know the colobration rumours are just rumours but I believe she and Lana probably encountered during the studio sessions, and that's when Lana started to follow her back. Madonna is hanging out with Mike Dean, Sage Skofield and Sean Solymar for her tour's sound mixing.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

2 minutes ago, Thoth said:

Madonna posting stories with candies and now captioning BLUE on the instagram. I know the colobration rumours are just rumours but I believe she and Lana probably encountered during the studio sessions, and that's when Lana started to follow her back. Madonna is hanging out with Mike Dean, Sage Skofield and Sean Solymar for her tour's sound mixing.

Bonded over their love for whacky photo editing. 

I hope the actual BB cover is a surprise serve....

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

I like these tracks, but I was really craving a beat. I thought with Mike we'd get something with BTD vibes.

She has probably moved past that, but something that's a bit lighter and fun.

Do we know what the lead single is??

Lana, if you read this: quick, drop the cover + preoder. It's very easy to exploit my bank account in this vulnerable state your singles put me in wjwSMqI.gif

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????