Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

just lied unprovoked for no reason

45 minutes ago, gsnlp said:

i actually think they are curious! maybe she will re-visit her old projects to tell her story.

We all have our opinions and I respect you but girl... I'm sending you some taste via mail

Just now, Pale Fire said:

The first thing I noticed about that track list that made me realise it was fake wasn’t the terrible titles, but the fact that it didn’t mention Dolphin Flower, which we all know is her upcoming single :ma:

or Hundred Dollar Bill :ma:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, SweetHenny said:

"Miss Your Ultraviolence", "Bloody Moon", "Lost my Lust for Life", "Where's Norman?", "Let Me Touch Your COCC" The cringiest fake titles we've ever witnessed girlies :toofunny:

He tried to hit me but it was a miss

My bloody moon, say you bought me food

Put on, put on, put on all your clothes

God damn, old man

2 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

The first thing I noticed about that track list that made me realise it was fake wasn’t the terrible titles, but the fact that it didn’t mention Dolphin Flower, which we all know is her upcoming single :ma:

apparently she's reworking i talk to jesus & say yes to heaven for this album :ma: 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Wait I just realized Bloody Moon was about Honeymoon :eartha:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, War In My Mind said:

didn't mind the self covers until I realized that the Textbook cover is particularllly ugly

LIKE WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

V1nfPwX.png

the filter messed up her eyes lmao

SFP2h.gif

7 minutes ago, SweetHenny said:

"Miss Your Ultraviolence", "Bloody Moon", "Lost my Lust for Life", "Where's Norman?", "Let Me Touch Your COCC" The cringiest fake titles we've ever witnessed girlies :toofunny:

This sounds amazing. A Witchy dark and haunting song.

Mfhp.gif

4 minutes ago, War In My Mind said:

didn't mind the self covers until I realized that the Textbook cover is particularllly ugly

LIKE WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

V1nfPwX.png

SFP2h.gif

Just now, dotwestcoast said:

And it looks as if she’s got large grey sores here and there. How did those pass muster? 

Knowing that the last song for COTCC was written in February 2020, it's interesting to note that by the time we first knew about Chemtrails, Lana's headspace had already shifted to these new songs. 

Her going blonde, the Interview Magazine video, QFTC, Behind the Iron Gates....all of these things seem to be motifs that will run throughout the album.

I wonder how Lana felt about releasing an album as idealistic as Chemtrails when the reality as it was coming out was anything but. That must have been a real dichotomy and I guess that explains all the uncertainty surrounding it. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the crazy year we've all had will weave its way into this record. I can tell it's going to be soul-crushing, earth-shattering, a real journey. 

I loved Patent Leather Do-Over as well - it truly is a "magnum opus" when it comes to her poetry - and the writing on these 3 songs is incredible. She really tapped into a new creative vein of introspection amidst this pandemic. This record + the next poetry book are just going to be a new peak for Lana. I am soooo excited! :party:

4 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

yall we need to stop making fun of those terrible made up song titles, the 7yo girl who wrote them is SOBBING. y’all are cruel! Won’t somebody think of the children? :prettyhurts:

And all their children's children

32 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I hope it’s out on July 4th, but unfortunately, I don’t think that tweet confirms anything :( even though it’s from UMG, a mere tweet doesn’t compare to a major publication like Rolling Stone, for example, which previously reported that Lust for Life would come out on May 26th. Same with Interview Magazine reporting that Chemtrails would be out in September. 

I think that something from her label / distributor is always more reliable than a major publication, because they now do write a lot of their articles based on social media posts from the artists themselves. And in Lana’s case... :toofunny:

I find interesting that Universal is posting about that date... It gives me hope that maybe it could still happen July 4.