Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

Blue Banisters gives me closing track too. I wouldn't mind breaking the tradition 1-2-1-2.

I mean, breaking traditions could go both ways. I remember everyone wanted Lana to break the tradition of her art covers, and then hated the Chemtrails one :toofunny:

I wouldn't personally like it, unless she renamed the album, in that case BB can even be scrapped :hooker:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Summer comes, winter goes, spring i skip spring i sleep god knows 

I think the track may be a great unusual way of opening the album, but I think it might be best if it were second. the heartbreak factor fits perfectly for the 3 track placed ballad, but 2nd feels like the best nested fit 

UV/Honeymoon

17 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

It really isn't. I really like the order of Text Book -> Wildflower -> BB, but we all know that "THERE'S A PICTURE ON THE WALL" is going to open smh

and in that case there may be a picture on her wall but there sure as hell won’t be a vinyl on mine she can count on that :ma:

18 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i don't wish she breaks the tradition, i wish she changes the title of the album and give us a proper title track opening

scrap that your idea is even better let’s stick to that :sass: manifesting is NOW

The mods need to channel their inner Kim Jong Un and start handing out a 6 month ban to anyone who dares to criticize Blue Banisters (one of her greatest songs ever). Enough is enough! 

2 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

The mods need to channel their inner Kim Jong Un and start handing out a 6 month ban to anyone who dares to criticize Blue Banisters (one of her greatest songs ever). Enough is enough! 

Yes bestie, good idea :gclap:(also because I know you'll hate it in a week)

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

They are still busy moving our posts :oopna:

Anyway we all know that the opener will be her collab with Madonna a.k.a. Dealer a.k.a. the song where she calls everboy out :scream:

16 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

My ban would be over and we still wouldn't have an album :ma:

I actually love Blue Banisters as an opening track. Even though the intro is really abrupt, I think it would work so well because these songs are a really new sound for Lana and I like being thrown right into the deep end like that. The song is so emotional but also warm, and I think encompasses a lot of the feelings that the album will have. It's like an acknowledgment that she'll be exploring deep and dark themes on the record, but assures us and herself that she has her loved ones right beside her as she embarks on this journey and we know from the beginning that she'll be okay in the end.

4 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I realized that I don't think F*ntano likes the "moaning" type tracks she makes

He still has a problem with Ultraviolence to this day, and I know there's been some debate about whether Wildflower is good or not, but that is the closest track we've been to Ultraviolence energy in a long time

That man didn't like anything she put out BTD-Honeymoon and just started to warm up to her during LFL and especially during NFR when critics finally started to praise her. What music critics are already saying about Lana at the time of her releases, is what Fantano repeats. She was shat on consistently by pretentious hipsters and he followed the same suit until LFL/NFR.

. I mean...who's really shitting on BTD-Honeymoon besides people who dont actively listen to her? :toofloppy: that was her golden age and what made her career with some of the best tracks she's ever put out yet. Sorry I'm on a bit of a rant, but I can't deal w his obvious bandwagoning in her case. 

3 minutes ago, Lemonade Tea said:

That man didn't like anything she put out BTD-Honeymoon and just started to warm up to her during LFL and especially during NFR when critics finally started to praise her. What music critics are already saying about Lana at the time of her releases, is what Fantano repeats. She was shat on consistently by pretentious hipsters and he followed the same suit until LFL/NFR.

. I mean...who's really shitting on BTD-Honeymoon besides people who dont actively listen to her? :toofloppy: that was her golden age and what made her career with some of the best tracks she's ever put out yet. Sorry I'm on a bit of a rant, but I can't deal w his obvious bandwagoning in her case. 

that and i still don’t get why his melon head opinion holds any weight like he’s just a random boring hipster with a youtube channel... i’ll never get why people care so much about his opinion 

49 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I know there's been some debate about whether Wildflower is good or not

Umm it's the best out of the 3 released songs, wym? rlynowb.gif 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

i guess gardenias are the flower for this era huh

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

"Loved You Then" was probably reworked for this album mark my words

also I lowkey want a mv for BB in the same vein as the "Obsessions" mv by MARINA - like imagine Lana, Jenny, and Nikki painting the blue banisters green and gray - I'll hope that's included in the actual mv tho :hooker:

20 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I actually love Blue Banisters as an opening track. Even though the intro is really abrupt, I think it would work so well because these songs are a really new sound for Lana and I like being thrown right into the deep end like that. The song is so emotional but also warm, and I think encompasses a lot of the feelings that the album will have. It's like an acknowledgment that she'll be exploring deep and dark themes on the record, but assures us and herself that she has her loved ones right beside her as she embarks on this journey and we know from the beginning that she'll be okay in the end.

this. the reason why i love blue banisters even though it's really not her best melody to date is because of how both new and fitting with her current self the song is. this song is extremely atmospheric and such use of synths - and that beautiful piano melody near the end - is unheard-of in her discography. so although it shares common points with the songs on Chemtrails, it really sets the mood for something deeply new, bearing dark elements but also deeply appeased.

I just wish she would go on tv for a performance of WW with mike just like she did for LMLYAW 

but I know that's not happening :icant:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

4 minutes ago, not all who wander r lost said:

also I lowkey want a mv for BB in the same vein as the "Obsessions" mv by MARINA - like imagine Lana, Jenny, and Nikki painting the blue banisters green and gray - I'll hope that's included in the actual mv tho :hooker:

pls don’t give her ideas we don’t need any more of that horrible woman :icant: