Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 minutes ago, How2Disappear said:

what are your opinions on the deeper meaning behind percussion choice on wildflower. i've heard it described as "crunchy" and distorted like Nine inch Nails 90s style. I get that she feels crucified (like by the nine in nails jesus endured) but of course i doubt that is the meaning. i can't figure out what emotion or idea the sound is supposed to evoke. (i love it, it's my fave of the 3 but remains mysterious)

this isn't what she intended probably but it reminds me of little 2 or 8 bit game noises, which makes me think of video games...like a call back to her beginning as lana

Spoiler

but definitely a reach on my behalf and doesn't make that much sense in the context of the song :agree: or maybe my mind is just advanced

sUcVobB.png

2 minutes ago, How2Disappear said:

what are your opinions on the deeper meaning behind percussion choice on wildflower. i've heard it described as "crunchy" and distorted like Nine inch Nails 90s style. I get that she feels crucified (like by the nine in nails jesus endured) but of course i doubt that is the meaning. i can't figure out what emotion or idea the sound is supposed to evoke. (i love it, it's my fave of the 3 but remains mysterious)

Maybe it's like the sound of wood burning? Maybe it's just their way to spice up the song and give it a proper climax (the last minute is so good). Or maybe it's just an introduction to the mike sound of the album.

I have this theory that the 3 songs were released to present us the topics of the album and each one of them gives us something more about it:

BB: An evolution of the Chemtrails sound 

TB: Classical Lana choruses

WW: A taste of Mike's production 

giphy.gif

the way i would give both my kidneys, heart and lungs for the tracklist right now

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 minutes ago, gasstationkween said:

Remember when she released hope mac and vb and they ended up being the best songs on the album, I wonder if this will be the same 

justice for title track, cinnamon, the greatest, california, and happiness is a butterfly 

faSE.gif

Just now, honeybadger said:

whenever i get to the second verse i just go completely still

The second verse is one of my favourite moments in all of her discography. The beauty and the pain are just not depictable by words I know of yet.

12 minutes ago, SweetHenny said:

Blue Banisters is one of the most hauntingly beautiful heartbreaking personal grower-songs she has ever released :oprah:

I agree! This song is so ethereal. I wanna cry at the end because her voice is so powerful and yet she sounds like she’s been hurt. :trisha: And this „green and gray…summer comes, winter goes”. :omg:

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, How2Disappear said:

idk to me it just sounds badly mixed and that crunchy sound is just over saturation... if that was the intention well...if not it’s just a huge error that shouldn’t really happen to such a big producer. either way it’s kinda annoying and breaks the magic of the song a bit. like imagine the same percussion for the last chorus but with the light drums from heroin now THAT would’ve been great 

EW included Blue Banisters in the best songs of the week and Pitchfork placed Text Book in their Pitchfork Selects playlist. Not that critics really matter too much but it’s nice to see the songs get acclaim.

1 minute ago, expandableclitoris said:

this might seem out of the loop but i really expect to hear something this level of rabid from her .... i think we got very close with NFR

she'll never :icant:

unfortunately

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, anwdelrey said:

EW included Blue Banisters in the best songs of the week and Pitchfork placed Text Book in their Pitchfork Selects playlist. Not that critics really matter too much but it’s nice to see the songs get acclaim.

it took me so long to realize EW meant Entertainment Weekly. I was so confused :thumb3:

I’m glad they seem to like it, and any review that gets published is hopefully going to get more people to check it out. It’s so interesting that she hasn’t technically mentioned anything music related in almost a month

she also broke her 20 day rule (even though new music came out the week of so maybe it counts?)

"Don’t forget me"

50 minutes ago, SweetHenny said:

Blue Banisters is one of the most hauntingly beautiful heartbreaking personal grower-songs she has ever released :oprah:

It sure is a career highlight. The piano is as haunting as the one in Video Games. 

On 3/20/2021 at 2:59 PM, cinnamongirI said:

ULTRAVIOLENCE 2.0 IS COMIJNNG GGFBDHSBSHS

LITERALLY A DREAM

INFP / Virgo / Ultraviolence