Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Why are we discussing a music video for TJF when it was clear from the begging that only WD, COCC and LMLYLAW were going to have a video? the booklet features lyrics from these 3 singles and it was probably ready in early January for the vinyl sleeve. There's no way TJF or any other track from the record had a mv planned

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

And also, i dont think having a >14 tracks always ruin the cohesion of an album.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

10 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

I find it so funny how much Lana has been impacted by criticism and the most criticism I’ve ever seen is on this forum, I MEAN ITS FINE EVERYONE CAN HAVE THEIR OPINION IM NOT MAD AT ANYONE ITS FUN TO READ. 

some of y’all are just so harsh about little Lana and really got some expectations. 

anyway! WW been really stuck in my head!! The power that song has! 

a lot of people are too harsh and expect too much yes but also you can’t ask stans not to expect anything or have their own wishes. after all it’s her job to sell a product and keep us satisfied since we, the consumer, buy said product and keep her "rich". so ofc there’s certain things you’d want from her to get your money’s worth. 

1 minute ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

Why are we discussing a music video for TJF when it was clear from the begging that only WD, COCC and LMLYLAW were going to have a video? the booklet features lyrics from these 3 singles and it was probably ready in early January for the vinyl sleeve. There's no way TJF or any other track from the record had a mv planned

TJF definitely had a video, but it was the homemade one that Charlie shot with her, the same time she did the titty/truck picture. I do agree that the video she shot in November was probably planned to be for this album since she tweeted back in November around the time of shooting the video she was working on two albums, and she already had the Chemtrail’s video shot. I also don’t know how it works but I feel the vinyl sleeves don’t have to be printed as far in advance, I think it’s the pressing of vinyls that really takes time. 

I think it’s safe to say whatever that video is; we’re going to get it. I think it’s pretty much impossible with her being on a label that she can release an album without a video. 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

Can I just say - the rising synths in the background of Wildflower Wildfire’s second chorus before the beat drops :omg: oh my god :illumilana2:

i absolutely love that part of wildflower wildfire, such a powerful song :oprah: :wowcry: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

3 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I think it’s pretty much impossible with her being on a label that she can release an album without a video. 

while i agree with you.... absolutely nothing would surprise me with this woman anymore :toofunny: 

Wq9zHLl.jpg

9 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

a lot of people are too harsh and expect too much yes but also you can’t ask stans not to expect anything or have their own wishes. after all it’s her job to sell a product and keep us satisfied since we, the consumer, buy said product and keep her "rich". so ofc there’s certain things you’d want from her to get your money’s worth. 

Nothing wrong with constructive criticism!!!

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Omg, I know I'm late, but I haven't really mentioned what I thought of the three songs! TB is my favorite so far, listen to the song at a very low volume and you start to hear the small details of her voice and some of the instrumentals! It's ghostly! She and Zach really outdid themselves with this track. (for what it is anyways)

BB really surprised me. I was not a fan of the snippet, and had written off as another snoozefest. But the song is gorgeous, there's not much to say about it, I love it's lyrical/musical content.

WW, that one had to grow on me, partly because my Mike Dean expectations were foolishly high. But I love the song once I adjusted to the sound. And it's amazing to play on piano. The chord progression is truly rich. The Lyrical part of the song is super heavy, as are the two other songs.

Overall, I'm very excited for the album. I like that these songs create their own universe. I missed that about NFR and COCC.  

15 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

concerning the cohesive/not cohesive 12tracks/16tracks topic i think a 16-18 long, strong, cohesive project can be just as good (if not better) as a cohesive 11-12 track album. a very cohesive short album can become just as boring and annoying than a very long album full of fillers would be. 

cocc is more cohesive than lfl sure but does that make it better? no. lfl has nearly just as many skips or lows than cocc has yet the best songs on there eat up anything on cocc. and at this point i’d prefer a 16 track BB that’s less cohesive but also has less fillers and more different sounding songs than an ultra cohesive one like cocc that feels like it’s already over after 9 tracks :stareney:

I find LFL to be her weirdest album in terms of her strongest and worst tracks. The album has some of her best work (Heroin, Change, Cherry, 13 Beaches, and as much I dislike Get Free, it’s better than the majority of COCC),

controversial (Summer Bummer, White Mustang, Tomorrow Never Came) and then some of her worst (In My Feelings, Coachella and both of ASAPs tracks).

COCC might have been cohesive but the majority of the tracklist sounded so similar to the point of being bland and unidentifiable. (Aside from Wild at Heart, Yosemite and Dark But Just a Game)

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

textbook is that bitch! i’ve said what i’ve said.

wildflower wildfire’s has a good potential.

Blue banister is a grower for me, tho has some cringey lyrical moments.

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

5 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

Omg, I know I'm late, but I haven't really mentioned what I thought of the three songs! TB is my favorite so far, listen to the song at a very low volume and you start to hear the small details of her voice and some of the instrumentals! It's ghostly! She and Zach really outdid themselves with this track. (for what it is anyways)

BB really surprised me. I was not a fan of the snippet, and had written off as another snoozefest. But the song is gorgeous, there's not much to say about it, I love it's lyrical/musical content.

WW, that one had to grow on me, partly because my Mike Dean expectations were foolishly high. But I love the song once I adjusted to the sound. And it's amazing to play on piano. The chord progression is truly rich. The Lyrical part of the song is super heavy, as are the two other songs.

Overall, I'm very excited for the album. I like that these songs create their own universe. I missed that about NFR and COCC.  

Yes, I'm quoting myself, wanted to add:

I feel like this album will mark the moment of a huge change for Lana. I don't know what kind of change, but major change. These lyrics are, imo some of the darkest lyrics. And the instrumentals on TB are truly out of a place of an acceptance of desperation and defeat. She will outdark Ultraviolence.

I'm not surprised she released three tracks at once. These magnificent three are siblings. I feel like she's gonna tell her story, just like she said she would. and this was just the beginning. And she needed to tell it in three songs. These songs will not be for everyone, possibly the whole album. This is for herself. Prhaps why we don't get the typical visual rollout.

26 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

i absolutely agree :wowcry: she really tells a story and paints a picture with each individual song, you can feel the despair and catharsis of wildflower wildfire, the cautionary optimism and contemplation of text book, and the vulnerability and comfort of blue banisters

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Just now, Surf Noir said:

i absolutely agree :wowcry: she really tells a story and paints a picture with each individual song, you can feel the despair and catharsis of wildflower wildfire, the cautionary optimism and contemplation of text book, and the vulnerability and comfort of blue banisters

omg, period! Exactly my feelings! I have no idea how the rest of the album will sound like, but I'm sure we have a golden era coming! :trisha:

10 minutes ago, Jack Antonoff is a God said:

Pk2zz5y.png

I mean, you actually spilled:hairflip:

The way I did not even know that the word ‚banister‘ existed (non-native speaker here) some months ago and now it‘s my whole existence :trisha:

1 hour ago, DeluluKing said:

I think you just need to clean your eyes or tunge to get some taste.

Nah. I don't habe to like everything Lana does for the sake of it :)

1 hour ago, Mer said:

have you considered that you missed the point of the video entirely :heart:

I don't think  so. I just feel like they had too many ideas, too much content and then instead of deciding for one concept, they just squeazed ALL OF IT  into this video.

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

ok now you're just inventing things to think lana's recent work is bad

No? It's not like the video wouldn't be overloaded and hectic. You may like it and think that's great but me not feelong otherwise about it is totally valid xoxo

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!