Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

34 minutes ago, GrenadineGrass said:

where i can find more about her production process???

Here is the one I quoted from!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

4 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Here is the one I quoted from!

It was one of the first songs written for the album, and we completed the first version, and it was a beautiful piece of art. It’s one of my favourite songs. 

rick acknowledging that LFL demo 1 is perfect 

1 hour ago, lifeisavelvetcrowbar said:

I was with you 100% until that last sentence,  but White Dress MV is just sublime. It has the best cinematography of any of her MV, the golden hour landscapes and rural Americana set are gorgeous.  The young Lana actor and the choreography and long tracking shots are all gorgeous. Of all of her videos, this is one the one that brings the world of the song to life, it is my favorite Lana MV along with Ride. I swooned at the scene with the roller blade dance on the pirate ship. I really don't understand the hate for this video. Maybe it's because she used a body double (the video would not have worked with 35 year old Lana as a rollerblading waitress singing about being 19), or maybe people just want campy theatrical COCC MV Lana rather than art goddess Lana? If this video didn't click for you, try not watching it on your phone screen and throw it up onto a big TV if you have one.

That wasn't the problem for me, it was the cheesy Lana lip syncing into the video. It would've been fine if she wasn't transparent and just coming in and out of the video. Lana looked beautiful, her hair looked great and the one who was playing waitress Lana was great too, but I just can't stand cheesy 2000s music videos and that's what it gave me was the same cheesy videos we saw in 2005 where the artist is really trying so hard to be more serious than they have to be. Idk lol 

im watching it again now and the beginning of the pirate boat scene there's a sign with Pabst Blue Ribbon which is a callback to This Is What Makes Us Girls so that's cool. Idk i just.... at this rate, i'd rather have more music than videos. i just watch the videos a couple of times and then i'm done with them. we'll prolly get a video or two for this era but honestly i don't mind if she doesn't bother and skips to the next era without bothering. I think for me it's also knowing she could do high budget but only does one an era, sometimes less. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, Diamantes WILD said:

ya'll better not regret these tractors bc i don't when she gives us brokeback coyote ugly vibes i am unafraid to want some hot rodeo vibes tulsa jesus freak freakin freaky freaky 2.0 the rodeo-re up kHRTOqP.gif

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886utqh18ak27qbx1k7q5
even though I have no idea what is going on 

1 minute ago, bel air rose said:

i smell a red and blue vinyl for 4th of july yup 

Hide contents

SharedImage-100798.jpg?t=0e2399780febe0d

Hide contents

Various-Artists-This-is-Boston-Not-L-A-EVarese_Vinyl_Matrix_-_RED_BLUE_1080_gran

this reminds me... manifesting fireworks sparklers and streamers like the lizzy days as well:legend:

sUcVobB.png

52 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

n6vUhMU.gifXiyJDer.gif manifesting ekJyDRW.gif

Manifesting with u girlies 
ADCEF936-F4-A1-483-B-877-B-8-EBF6-F52-F3

On a side note this gif reminds me of the video where diva Mariah hits a high note while getting the COVID vaccine and I die every time I watch it 

But on topic:

Spoiler

MANIFESTING 

10 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Manifesting with u girlies 

On a side note this gif reminds me of the video where diva Mariah hits a high note while getting the COVID vaccine and I die every time I watch it 

But on topic:

Reveal hidden contents

MANIFESTING 

more FIRE IN THE TRACKS. 
14 TRACKS. 
AN ICONIC ALBUM COVER. 
MORE MUSIC VIDEOS 
LIVE PERFORMANCES, STUDIO ETC. 
CONCRETE NEWS. 

AN ACTUAL ALBUM TRAILER LIKE THE DAYS OF YORE

FTsEfEx.gif2ecZAsf.gif

Spoiler

MARIAH. is the QUEEN. FTsEfEx.gif

UV/Honeymoon

I actually love how all these songs remind me of Hope is a dangerous thing... that song is one of my favorites for its sheer honesty and bittersweet melody... just came to realize just how great WW lyrics are.. and Blue banisters is so damn sad.. it’s kinda like realizing life goes on and some wounds just can’t seem to heal. It’s like everyone is happy and moving on but Lana still can’t seem to see past much.. no matter how optimistic she is.. kinda reminds me of the never ending heartbreak and suffering frida khalo endured until her end days.. sad shit

12 minutes ago, #glimmeringdarling said:

I actually love how all these songs remind me of Hope is a dangerous thing... that song is one of my favorites for its sheer honesty and bittersweet melody... just came to realize just how great WW lyrics are.. and Blue banisters is so damn sad.. it’s kinda like realizing life goes on and some wounds just can’t seem to heal. It’s like everyone is happy and moving on but Lana still can’t seem to see past much.. no matter how optimistic she is.. kinda reminds me of the never ending heartbreak and suffering frida khalo endured until her end days.. sad shit

i feel like it's more like, acceptance might be inevitable, and that that can be the hardest to do for the most hopeful, like maybe equivalent to the universe saying no to someone. like faith forlorn, fucking tragic imma stop rt, no poetic justice there, definition of tragic laughed at by the gods lyric vibes by amy

but hopefully, we'll all learn something even more hopeful from all of it w/o filling our pages w black russian poetry too etched. 

UV/Honeymoon

am i the only one that hears this or in 3:24 of text book, like it's ruffly cut? it sounds like she took a breath before singing, but they cut it in the middle of it??

32 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

i smell a red and blue vinyl for 4th of july yup 

Reveal hidden contents

SharedImage-100798.jpg?t=0e2399780febe0d

Reveal hidden contents

Various-Artists-This-is-Boston-Not-L-A-EVarese_Vinyl_Matrix_-_RED_BLUE_1080_gran

omg i love these, they remind me of bomb pops, a total lizzy grant vibe :hae: :heart: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

... and they call you baby blue cuz it’s your favorite color 

and they call you baby bluuueeee cuz they like youuuuuuu 

just like I do 

:trisha:

Lana pls update Daddy Issues for Blue Banisters 

14417469274.gif

34 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

am i the only one that hears this or in 3:24 of text book, like it's ruffly cut? it sounds like she took a breath before singing, but they cut it in the middle of it??

I hear it too.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

I want Lana to go back to working with Tim Larcombe. He has co-written some of Lana's most iconic songs and I'm so here for it :trisha: Off to the Races, Cherry, Gods and Monsters, I Talk to Jesus :heidi:

tumblr_m8euyeT3r41rqzt90o1_500.gif

On 3/22/2021 at 2:36 PM, IanadeIrey said:

I don’t necessarily think Cherry Blossom is on RCS, but I do wonder if her quoting those particular lyrics about her hypothetical child, “Angelina” means that RCS will contain even more of an autobiographical edge and will explore her childhood and family-of-origin trauma that she said BTIG will delve into. 

I was ahead of my time

Flop.jpg

interested to see where cinematic lana del reyniverse of name-dropping's takes us for "Lana Del Rey" fka Blue Banisters fka Rock Candyy Sweet in contrast to NFR and COCK

NFR:

Norman Rockwell, Bradley, Louie, Ras, John, Joe, Bill, Dennis, Crosby, Stills, Nash,  Slim Aarons, Sylvia Plath, 

COCC:

Sun Ra, Kings of Leon, White Stripes, Jesus, John, Tammy Wynette, George, Joni, Joan, Stevie, Courtney, Clementine,

"LDR"fkaBBfkaRCS:

Jenny, Nikki Lane, Chuck, Jake, Tex, Mex,