Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

it's totally valid for people to not like her current work, but at least put some respect on the people who worked on it. you can't praise mike for clapping back at people who say WW is trash and then proceed to say it sounds like it was made at garage band when it probably took a lot of time to get to that dirtorted effect.

yeah he said on twitter that it took a lot of work to make that

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

it's totally valid for people to not like her current work, but at least put some respect on the people who worked on it. you can't praise mike for clapping back at people who say WW is trash and then proceed to say it sounds like it was made at garage band when it probably took a lot of time to get to that dirtorted effect.

That distorted effect should have been scrapped and tossed in the recycling bin. It’s one of the reasons why the production on WW sounds cheaply made. 

I get why he’s clapping back but I’m sorry. I heard some of his previous work from other artists he’s worked with, The Gorillaz and Kanye, and they were pretty good. But this instrumental is caca honey. :tanisha:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

I couldn't care less if people don't like Lana's newer music (sucks to be them :oic2:but it definitely is exhausting when the criticism isn't constructive or engaging but just rude. We don't really need to repeatedly hear people say "flop this, Nikki Roach that, this person sucks, that person is lazy, etc etc." Trashing the work isn't the same as discussing it.

Just now, DCooper said:

I couldn't care less if people don't like Lana's newer music (sucks to be them :oic2:but it definitely is exhausting when the criticism isn't constructive or engaging but just rude. We don't really need to repeatedly hear people say "flop this, Nikki Roach that, this person sucks, that person is lazy, etc etc." Trashing the work isn't the same as discussing it.

THIS. THIS FUCKING THIS EVERYONE READ THIS.

This feels like a vicious circle

ANYWAY

Choose the next topic:

- Morricone when

- Collabs on BB? Madonna?

- Covered song on BB?

- Lyrics of Dealer?

- release date?

:die:

The whole discussion of music Lana wants to make vs. music fans want her to make is totally moot. There is only one Lana Del Rey. She's only ever gonna make the music she wants to make. If she didn't, she wouldn't be Lana Del Rey. Of course, nobody has to like it, but you're gonna get what you're gonna get.

As for the production, all three songs have very layered and deep production. You don't have to like it, but to act like it's amateurish and unintentional is just bs.

1 minute ago, COCC said:

This feels like a vicious circle

ANYWAY

Choose the next toppic:

- Morricone when

- Collabs on BB? Madonna?

- Covered song on BB?

- Lyrics of Dealer?

- release date?

:die:

You forgot vinyl colour

5-AA98-AAE-B4-B4-40-E5-8-C27-BB00-FAB4-C

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

8 minutes ago, rosesofsaigon said:

That distorted effect should have been scrapped and tossed in the recycling bin. It’s one of the reasons why the production on WW sounds cheaply made. 

I get why he’s clapping back but I’m sorry. I heard some of his previous work from other artists he’s worked with, The Gorillaz and Kanye, and they were pretty good. But this instrumental is caca honey. :tanisha:

See, I think the opposite. I think the distorted affect adds a level of depth to the song that makes it so unique and even more genius. It was clear to me on first listen that the distorted sound was intentional and it’s actually really well done. Gives the song a level of imperfection quality, while actually being perfect. Mike Dean’s mind!!

People blatantly trashing the new songs and calling it “constructive criticism” can’t even be taken seriously, especially when the same people were dismissing Honeymoon as a “snooze-fest” back in 2015 and would say  “Lana needs to stop working with Grandpa Nowels” but now beg for him to come back. It’s cyclical and the lack of self-awareness is appalling. Be respectful or leave. You don’t have to like every single piece of music, but you also don’t have to disrespect the people making the music. They’re human too!

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

People blatantly trashing the new songs and calling it “constructive criticism” can’t even be taken seriously, especially when the same people were dismissing Honeymoon as a “snooze-fest” back in 2015 and would say  “Lana needs to stop working with Grandpa Nowels” but now beg for him to come back. It’s cyclical and the lack of self-awareness is appalling. Be respectful or leave. You don’t have to like every single piece of music, but you also don’t have to disrespect the people making the music. They’re human too!

Grandpa Nowels :icant:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

7 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

@the three jack haters

what does rock candy sweet means

Personally, I think this lyric has a good chance to be utilized in a sarcastic way since this album is related to (in her words) seeking revenge—maybe something like, “Isn’t my life rock candy sweet?

Then again, maybe it’s a sincere sentiment given her recent engagement. We’ll see!!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

ok so rock candies are these types of candy, and then i guess the "sweet" it's just the way of saying candy in british english... so it's like the album name is lollipop or something, i like it tbhHow to Make Rock Candy {DIY Project} | We are not Martha