Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

White Dress gave us weird ass vocals I need more of that :whine:

Thissssss. We need more improvisational, stream of conscious songwriting. 

11 minutes ago, past the bushes said:

White Dress gave us weird ass vocals I need more of that :whine:

The best opening track of her career. Fight me. Never get the hate for it. Never will.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, domandapiano said:

Thissssss. We need more improvisational, stream of conscious songwriting. 

NO. This is how we got these last three singles and its so obvious.... i need lana to stop trying to fit every god damn word ever into a bar :bebe: its so hard for someone with a tiny brain like myself to comprehend on first listen

2 hours ago, Tropico Angel said:

The best opening track of her career. Fight me. Never get the hate for it. Never will.

Her opening tracks are literally ALWAYS amazing... i cant even compare them as im typing this, but Honeymoon is such a MASSIVE track. Every little tiny detail. Pure genius.

I actually hope there aren't any old songs on BB/RCS. Apart from maybe Dealer because so far the three singles haven't strayed tooo far from COCC style, I think that Yosemite and TNBAR are two incredible songs but sound a bit out of place on their respective records. I just think the production sounds too different from the rest :smokes:

nice cocc bro

8 hours ago, Diamantes WILD said:

I feel like Demi should be here w us celebrating seeing as how she saw them first she wasnt kidding giphy.gif

*they 

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

just cried to White Dress and Blue Banisters drunk sitting in my shower I'm a new person rn I still don't understand Wildfire Wildflower but imma try :sadcore2:

also BB reminds me a bit of Grouper's work!! a bit more pop-ish but still very melancholic 

sgopYhV.gif

9 hours ago, rosesofsaigon said:

I’ve been saying this shit ever since these tracks came out. I guess it’s because I’m so used the great mastering and engineering of Lana’s past work. Even NFR is better than this.

There is nothing wrong with skeletal production. That’s not my problem. My issue is when skeletal production sounds cheap and the EQ is out of place. And unfortunately, it’s more noticeable. 

Call me a hater, that’s okay. I can’t help that my ears can detect garbage. :azealia:

Y’all be sitting in here pretending like y’all are music producers. Girl, your ears detect nothing but substandard taste.

NEXT

13 minutes ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

Y’all be sitting in here pretending like y’all are music producers. Girl, your ears detect nothing but substandard taste.

NEXT

It has nothing to do with us being music producers or not. 

You do realize music critics, fans and audiophiles speak the same language.

Too bad you’re not fluent enough to understand. :hairflip:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

9 hours ago, Diamantes WILD said:

they!

5 hours ago, Tropico Angel said:

I'm flying to the moon again... :trisha:

sorta weird 2 cite lyrics from heroin 

2 hours ago, rosesofsaigon said:

It has nothing to do with us being music producers or not. 

You do realize music critics, fans and audiophiles speak the same language.

Too bad you’re not fluent enough to understand. :hairflip:

Music critics love NFR! and COCC much more than, for example, Ultraviolence and Honeymoon. They praised their production in every publication. Thoughts? 

Your opinion is not objective, that's what I'm saying. 

I was just sitting in the darkness and put Blue Banisters on and I feel like I have a new appreciation. It's still not my favourite song ever but I like it more than I did in the beginning.

I still can't get on board with Text Book; it seems to change tempo at really weird points and I don't like it, it's off-putting

Wildfire is snoozy imo

I'm really interested to hear where the "revenge" part of the album comes in? None of these songs are in any way snide towards the media or anything. They are very much day-in-the-life diary type o' shit

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

3 hours ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

NEXT

Friendly reminder that you don't need to have mastered something yourself to have a valid opinion on it.

Otherwise nobody would follow sport, nobody would watch movies, or basically do anything at all.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

3 hours ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

NEXT

just sayin i have a degree in sound design and two functioning ears and you don’t need any of that to recognize that the crispy sound of the drums and her vocals at the end of ww are just over saturation and (intentional or not idk) subpar mixing