Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I'm on the run, like Blue Banisters release dateyb6g7e7qgbu31.png

CHARLI XCX PUNK EP: 

01 Sucker 02 Better Than Ur Last Thing
03 Allergic To Love 04 Lightning Bolts

05 I'm A Dream 06 Mow That Lawn

Ugh, LFL era was a little bit messy, but it was so well-planned with 3 music videos, 10 magazines, festivals, livestreams and radio interviews... Now it's just crickets. 

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think this was exactly the way she wanted us to feel regarding this release. Maybe it’s her way of getting back at all the crazy stans who bug her and everyone associated with her online. 

I think we need to accept the fact that there's going to be a lot of silence from her around this album. I really think this is her revenge. Not so much against the fans, but her conflict with the media is important and if we have to deal with a lack of info as a result I'm all here for it. Her words have been twisted for her entire career, so I respect her for releasing really powerful and personal music and now refusing to say anything about it. If she can't speak without being attacked for everything she says, then let her silence make the statement.

1 hour ago, domandapiano said:

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t think this was exactly the way she wanted us to feel regarding this release. Maybe it’s her way of getting back at all the crazy stans who bug her and everyone associated with her online. 

And I'd be lying, if I kept hiding...
The fact that I can't deal

faSE.gif

22 hours ago, DCooper said:

I think we need to accept the fact that there's going to be a lot of silence from her around this album. I really think this is her revenge. Not so much against the fans, but her conflict with the media is important and if we have to deal with a lack of info as a result I'm all here for it. Her words have been twisted for her entire career, so I respect her for releasing really powerful and personal music and now refusing to say anything about it. If she can't speak without being attacked for everything she says, then let her silence make the statement.

That is absolutely true. We know she can't say anything, or do almost anything, without being attacked. We can't even discuss, honestly and responsibly, some of what she's said without being attacked here.

We know verbal communication is not her strongpoint, unless she's really comfortable with herself at the moment, in control, and comfortable with the person interviewing her, like Courtney Love. Symbolic and relative 'radio silence' is best for her at this point, at least for the time being, and until the media finds another 'perfect,' seemingly 'unwoke' punching bag (sadly enough).  

She doesn't see to be enjoying stardom anymore--"but I'm not a star!"--it's a full-time job for those who really want it above all else, and above their artistry (if any)--and many artists have left "the star-making machinery" behind, including Joni Mitchell, Nico, Laura Nyro, Prince and Axl Rose. In a few years, it could be Tyler Joseph, Justin Bieber or Beyonce that wants to live privately or reclusively. Stardom means having to endlessly live up to some sort of public ideal and having 0 privacy--among others unpleasant issues, like stalkers and break-ins.  

I think she’s absent bc she’s busy helping Chuck (probably an emotional time for her), working on the album, and also she said she was going to disappear to work on another poetry book. She didn’t disappear when she said she was going to, but maybe she’s working on it now? I think her poetry is so so personal and the music lately has been extremely personal so maybe she is taking things from her poetry and elaborating then into music? 

i think it's a good point that she's probably busy with her art, and also her sister having a baby, i don't think it's completely fair to think she's being too quiet or acting like she's just abandoning us, especially since she just released three magnificent songs, which were very personal, she doesn't need to be on social media constantly, tand if she's being quiet, it doesn't mean the album's not coming or that she's not working, she's always writing and recording music and she could be busy with ldr9 and other projects right now

WGe8ynS.gif

I have a feeling she's gonna be silent for the rest of the month. We're getting nada. No snippets, selfie, interview, anything. At least until after her birthday, which, fun fact - falls on the same day Mercury Retrorgade ends.

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

3 minutes ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

I have a feeling she's gonna be silent for the rest of the month. We're getting nada. No snippets, selfie, interview, anything. At least until after her birthday, which, fun fact - falls on the same day Mercury Retrorgade ends.

What does Mercury Retrograde mean?

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

This is how to make your upcoming album and fanbase disappear 5da6c9b911ad9-women-removed-album-covers

CHARLI XCX PUNK EP: 

6 minutes ago, Lightning Bolts said:

This is how to make your upcoming album and fanbase disappear 5da6c9b911ad9-women-removed-album-covers

sweetie her real fan base is going no where. we will wait patiently and let her make her art and in the meantime enjoy the album and three songs she JUST gave us. 

faSE.gif

1 minute ago, cru3lworld said:

sweetie her real fan base is going no where. we will wait patiently and let her make her art and in the meantime enjoy the album and three songs she JUST gave us. 

Does the sarcasm not show in the pictures sweetie?tumblr_inline_nbk701Z6Tn1qi0m8v.png

CHARLI XCX PUNK EP: 

11 minutes ago, Lightning Bolts said:
Spoiler

Listen to the barefeet chickens in her backyard

299c65f1e02e1e327b3c462ad2c6460b.gif

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????