Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I think the catalyst was the Grammys

I think she really thought she was gonna win; maybe because people around her told her that 

She campaigned pretty hard by her standards. She did a performance at the Grammys Museum and visited kids there and stuff

So when it didn't happen she stewed over the unfairness of it all and that culminated in QftC, which detailed all of her grievances

Does she care? :ohno: She should fking win but ugh... I don't think she needs a grammy. It was nice to give it to Billie and make her teenage fans happy and inspired - she should understand it. Not focus on the ego and write shit post for milions of ppl following her :toofunny:

Mmeow~

16 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I think she really thought she was gonna win; maybe because people around her told her that 

She campaigned pretty hard by her standards. She did a performance at the Grammys Museum and visited kids there and stuff

So when it didn't happen she stewed over the unfairness of it all and that culminated in QftC, which detailed all of her grievances

I really think that she thought that she would win based on this interview:

My favorite nominee was Bon Iver with i, i

I was shocked when Billie won, not because of the sound, I thought that she really stands out compared with the others, but because of her lyrics. Bad Guy is quite problematic for someone so young to be singing 

1 minute ago, BluebirdXO said:

I was shocked when Billie won, not because of the sound, I thought that she really stands out compared with the others, but because of her lyrics. Bad Guy is quite problematic for someone so young to be singing 

that and she won best new artist. we all know that category is cursed and artists usually totally fall of once they win it (for whatever weird reason). and it’s already showing she’s falling off while lana still gets tons of critical acclaim despite her… behavior. miss billie might as well enjoy her lil trophy that shouldn’t even be hers in the first place. and idc if BB gets a grammy and neither should lana. i hope she doesn’t expect anything from those maggot eating rats anymore and that the day they’ll give her one she simply doesn’t show up :godlaugh2:

50 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

not another pair of h&m sweaters with some font slapped on it. 

HELP

No but you’re absolutely correct. Her merch now gives me very TJ Maxx surburban mom bargain bin vibes :toofunny: 

55 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

a blue colored fragrance.

This 100%, she should definitely utilize the beauty shop on LDR village. I’d love for her to release a fragrance themed for the album (all the her released albums if I’m being honest). I will never forgive Gucci for taking away that possibility from us  :defeated: I want my LDR branded perfume!!!

57 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Paint, wildflower incense and some cute friendship bracelets

Paint and brush set so you can have your very own blue banisters to match :gurl:
I love the idea of her releasing friendship bracelets considering the concept of sisterhood/friendship has been such a forefront in her music lately ❤️

7a489a16ce1d35d7a8253fa33e350a39.gif

I would really love it if BB had violins , or mellotrons or strings  or the way she sings in 3:36 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

1 hour ago, Pico Boulevard said:

Guys we need to do reverse pyschology. Who the hell needs pre order this week & an album on July 4th? Nobody. Unmanifesting that shit:sass:

Hoaders, you can keep UFB, Crazy For You, Fine China (Final Version) and those crappy Honeymoon demos no one wants. Give us more laptop demos and snippets

20 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

and about the Grammys being the catalyst for QFTC, billie won with a song with the lyric 'might seduce your dad type' which is exactly the kind of lyric/content Lana was talking about being slandered for in QFTC

3 minutes ago, urgirl said:

and about the Grammys being the catalyst for QFTC, billie won with a song with the lyric 'might seduce your dad type' which is exactly the kind of lyric/content Lana was talking about being slandered for in QFTC

well then why didn't she mention billie

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:

well then why didn't she mention billie

Because ppl were mad for ARIANA not getting the grammy. Even Billie mentioned Ariana and her TUN that it should win instead when obviously Lana deserved it 5 times more. It was so annoying.

Mmeow~

44 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Bad Guy is trash compared to NFR song, I like Billie's debut album but Norman Album is way better than Billie's. 

Regardless of whether Lana is my favourite singer or not, Billie really only deserved "best new artist", the Grammys suck, Miley herself said you could buy them...

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

19 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

Because ppl were mad for ARIANA not getting the grammy. Even Billie mentioned Ariana and her TUN that it should win instead when obviously Lana deserved it 5 times more. It was so annoying.

Billie spent the whole year saying that Lana created her, she said that Lana is her inspiration and then ended up completely ignoring her in her speech and mentioning Ariana instead of Lana ...

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

2 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

But she seemingly wants to be lower profile so this is likely why she's doing it this way

When she told that girl on Twitter that she'd been waiting for her to unstan, I felt like that was more a general sentiment than directed at one person only. She doesn't want stans and the related hysteria and I don't blame her because she's almost 36 now and is probably ready for a quiet life idk

This might be the new norm, or it might simply be a phase

I've been thinking about this lately, I genuinely think she's not really fond of having a teenager fanbase and she wishes she was like joan baez or whoever is her idol 

she doesn't like stans, doesn't like having to do the obligations of a regular pop star (promos, performances, photoshoots) she just wants to be acclaimed like a singer-songwriter like her idols from previous decades 

I can be very wrong about this, but she's giving me this feeling 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Maybe ? 

and yet, the Grammy’s were in February and she posted QFTC end of May… Girl is really holding a grudge :oopna:

10 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I've been thinking about this lately, I genuinely think she's not really fond of having a teenager fanbase and she wishes she was like joan baez or whoever is her idol 

she doesn't like stans, doesn't like having to do the obligations of a regular pop star (promos, performances, photoshoots) she just wants to be acclaimed like a singer-songwriter like her idols from previous decades 

I can be very wrong about this, but she's giving me this feeling 

Now that you mention that about "behaving like a pop star" you gave me the opportunity to mention an unpopular opinion that I have of Lana, she as a singer and songwriter is talented, magnificent, incredible; that's the reason why I like her and why she is my favourite singer, I really love everything she does BUT when it comes to stanning her it really is kind of boring, I mean, Taylor goes to awards, performs and interacts with her fans and when it comes to us, we have a photo of Lana's dogs every month and voila, that's her interaction with us.

Now she seems to be more focused on what she writes than on selling and making popular music (which she can) If I'm honest, her BTD / UV era felt wilder because she acted like a pop star, and it's not that she's not famous because we all know that she has a big fan base and is well known in the industry, but I think she kills in us that desire to stan her with that lack of "pop star behaviour"

34 minutes ago, urgirl said:

"Bruises on both my knees for you"

"I like it when you take control
Even if you know that you don't
Own me, I'll let you play the role
I'll be your animal"

The critics complain about Lana, while awarding a girl that it's not even 20 singing heavier lyrics. If she was older, I wouldn't find it so problematic, but she was almost a teen. Why weren't people worried about Billie's message in the same way that they are to Lana's?

The only reason why I think that she didn't mentioned Billie, is that she must think that Billie is an ally for singing about similar things.

She should have kept Beyoncé's and Kehlani's name out of her rant to add Billie and Fiona's, that are awarded and critically praised artists, with the same kind of music as hers

40 minutes ago, DeluluKing said:

TUN is pop blandness. Not worthy AOTY. Even Father of the Bride was better than TUN. I can't understand why people thought that Ari could win