Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

47 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

I'm late to the party but yeeeeeeeeees , amen & halleluja to all of it!!!!

ShrillUnequaledBinturong-size_restricted

a22b92bcb66c594e980d2eb66c920f33.gif

We were in our darkest times and you came to save us , to brigthen up our day, our life, you brought hope , fun & craziness into this thread which was needed. You are like the light that you see at the end of a tunnel.  The Mariah to the Carey , the sparkle in the water.  The Pepsi Cola to the Pussy. The G to the IF. Our polar star.  Thank you legend !!!

tenor.gif

kH8BbeY.gif ur welcome Pico anytime kH8BbeY.gif

UV/Honeymoon

I haven't listened to the three new tracks since the week they came out but I've been listening to them all again the past couple days and (while I still love all three) Blue Banisters is still the true standout of the three for me. I love how soft it is, yet it's still so powerful. Her vocals on it are so incredible. The emotion in them alone. I love the lyrics despite not relating to them at all. The power and emotion in her voice alone sells the song for me. I don't even need to relate to it cause you can just feel how much it means to her. 

The "I said I'm scared of the Santa Clarita fires / I wish that it would rain" verse ends me EVERY time. The outro is also one of my favorite moments in any Lana song. It's so beautiful and soft.

Absolutely incredible set of three songs but Blue Banisters really is next level.

am i the only one who doesn’t really care about her lyrics anymore? like we got so many great poetic lyrics since nfr. i’d want at least an album where the focus is on otherworldly production and not the lyrics (yeah yeah i know she’s a songwriter poetry yada yada yada i see y’all coming) but like at this point i’d take another repetitive sad girl chorus or her talking about her farts over dreamy electrical wah wah guitars, synths and a string orchestra over another minimalist, poetic piano song  ANY FUCKING DAY:ma:

I think her primary mode of magic is the emotions in her voice. that's her gold. there're musicians who have great power, tech specs etc. but Lana's a genius w a lot of heart intelligence and that's what brings the songs to life. what's most beautiful about it is how it doesn't sound forced, at all. even the cursive girls can't fake that. similar to how Rihanna might not be the best singer, but the style is always only theirs. water signs represennnnnnnnnt. 

i've been loving the lyrics a lot more, it's so mentally stimulating so i don't mind it a bit. i'd love for some repetitive lyrics to slip into for like a sexier effect but there are always other ways of getting lost in the lyrics. 

so far like i mentioned earlier in the thread, the music reminds me of beatrix kiddo from kill bill, the bride vibes, and the production's been pretty great so far imo. even the offbeat drums/percussion w WFWF is a great way of using the off-note percussion as a sensual device. and it's actually a lot more indicative of ability for artists to veer into that mode and do it well, instead of sticking to the usual musical formula. 

the music's been pretty blunt so far, so there's really no escaping it, and in that, is how it's direct. it's a lot earthier than her prev stuff and i'm all for it. it does take a specific kind of focus/ mental state to tap into so i get how it might not be for everyone. i am still pretty excited of where this road'll lead. 

UV/Honeymoon

2 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

am i the only one who doesn’t really care about her lyrics anymore? like we got so many great poetic lyrics since nfr. i’d want at least an album where the focus is on otherworldly production and not the lyrics (yeah yeah i know she’s a songwriter poetry yada yada yada i see y’all coming) but like at this point i’d take another repetitive sad girl chorus or her talking about her farts over dreamy electrical wah wah guitars, synths and a string orchestra over another minimalist, poetic piano song  ANY FUCKING DAY:ma:

Same sis, I can't get over the feeling when I discovered Shades Of Cool and was listening it on my vacation in Greece. I barely listened to the lyrics but the melody was :godlaugh:. The sky was blue without a single cloud, the sea was dark blue and lighter and lighter until it was mint by the shore with a pleasant wind blowing. I was wearing boho clothes because that's my usual aesthetic in the summer which matched the psychedelic elements. :grinds::bye2:

People aren't aware how a good melody is important. It creates a whole new atmosphere and memories of the listener. 

Me when listening to COCC: k cute song

Me listening to those three songs: cute song, good lyrics, might recommend my friend to put her baby to sleep. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

20 minutes ago, shady said:

People aren't aware how a good melody is important. It creates a whole new atmosphere and memories of the listener. 

Me listening to those three songs: cute song, good lyrics, might recommend my friend to put her baby to sleep. 

THIS! like the new songs are great and i like them a lot but if i had to introduce lana to a friend i wouldn’t use any of them…. when i fell in love with lana i didn’t care one bit about the lyrics because the melodies and production spoke for themselves. so after all the great lyrics we’ve gotten over the past 3 years i think it’s time for something GRAND and EPIC again :crying2:

I really do hope her and Mike Dean are experimenting for the next record - just imagine a song with autotune like Godly Jesus Freak :godlaugh:

6 minutes ago, not all who wander r lost said:

I really do hope her and Mike Dean are experimenting for the next record - just imagine a song with autotune like Godly Jesus Freak :godlaugh:

I hope too, I wanted hear something from Lana something she hasn't done before

i can't get over how good chemtrails (the song) is, like it starts off boring but i love how it explodes, i love the words she says "its never too late, baby so dont give up" and how everything sounds so chaotic and tense, like an impending doom, i always think of the movie "melancholia"  when it's about to hit earth, it's so fatal yet beautiful because you're still hanging on, and her low vocals at the end "my cancer is sun and my leo is moon" are SCARY, it feels me with dread and anxiety and i fucking feel it, idk what to feel... hopeful? sad? panicky? its just a really good song, i hope blue banisters will explore more of these themes and ideas

Spoiler

yall know i had to add that at the end so it doesnt get moved :hooker:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, shady said:

This is so true! Her recent music is cute but no matter how good the lyrics are, it doesn't make up for lacking production and melodies. :nails:

Half of Salvatore is literally just her saying random Italian words but because of the melody it all comes together and makes a beautiful song.

I understand that the 3 singles are meant to basically be spoken poetry set to music but I prefer something with a bit more substance.

12 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i can't get over how good chemtrails (the song) is, like it starts off boring but i love how it explodes, i love the words she says "its never too late, baby so dont give up" and how everything sounds so chaotic and tense, like an impending doom, i always think of the movie "melancholia"  when it's about to hit earth, it's so fatal yet beautiful because you're still hanging on, and her low vocals at the end "my cancer is sun and my leo is moon" are SCARY, it feels me with dread and anxiety and i fucking feel it, idk what to feel... hopeful? sad? panicky? its just a really good song

Chemtrails was a career highlight. My favorite song since Get Free and it shows that Lana hasn't lost her edge.

Manifesting another track a la Chemtrails

4 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

Yes sweetie we know, you say this every hour of every day. :blush3:

faSE.gif

29 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

i can't get over how good chemtrails (the song) is, like it starts off boring but i love how it explodes, i love the words she says "its never too late, baby so dont give up" and how everything sounds so chaotic and tense, like an impending doom, i always think of the movie "melancholia"  when it's about to hit earth, it's so fatal yet beautiful because you're still hanging on, and her low vocals at the end "my cancer is sun and my leo is moon" are SCARY, it feels me with dread and anxiety and i fucking feel it, idk what to feel... hopeful? sad? panicky? its just a really good song, i hope blue banisters will explore more of these themes and ideas

Hide contents

Wow I am in love with your description of COCC the song. I feel one hundred percent the same and I still remember my unmatched goosebumps/tears when the song premiered with Annie Mac. It is literally HEAVEN. O/T tho I also really love Blue Banisters and while I didn’t get the same reaction listening to it the song is truly supreme. It’s interesting that some tracks come hurdling at you and slap you in the face, others gradually reveal themselves to you and then all of a sudden they just click and they become instant classics. :hair:

Edit: I’m LOL at me saying “I still remember when COCC came out” cause that was only five months ago RIP :toofunny:

17 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

Yes sweetie we know, you say this every hour of every day. :blush3:

just like we see your shit takes every day boo :ohsnap: prepare to see me say it even more just to get on your nerves :ma:

3 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

just like we see your shit takes every day boo :ohsnap: prepare to see me say it even more just to get on your nerves :ma:

youre always so unneccesarily aggressive, is everything alright at home

image.png

Just now, Dominikx4 said:

youre always so unneccesarily aggressive, is everything alright at home

do i go and tell miss cru3lworld which opinions he should post once a day? nah. so don’t come and criticize what i wanna share just because you don’t agree. and if you’re not happy with it the block button’s right there love, use it :bye:

33 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yesterday I was listening this song on repeat and thinking how AMAZING this song is. I absolutely love how powerfully chaotic it sounds. This is really the only song from cocc I listen to regularly, which is sad - the rest of the album left me underwhelmed, and so did the three new songs. (Hope they grow on me) I understand that she wanted to tell her story, but I liked only one song (BB). Chemtrials (the song) has a mesmerizing sound I missed.