Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, Frangipani said:

This is so true! Her recent music is cute but no matter how good the lyrics are, it doesn't make up for lacking production and melodies. :nails:

Half of Salvatore is literally just her saying random Italian words but because of the melody it all comes together and makes a beautiful song.

I understand that the 3 singles are meant to basically be spoken poetry set to music but I prefer something with a bit more substance.

Yees, Salvadore and Honeymoon are masterpieces. It's crazy how Honeymoon the album is so underrated by its sales but the singles are popular among non fans while it's the opposite with NFR. When listening to Honeymoon (especially Honeymoon the song) I imagine myself in a wealthy part of an European city at night. Basically something like this... 

84f23c5244144c5048e5ea622589a4d4.jpg

d87125dfd43b4e1ea4abca3efbd80b58.jpg

a9ad5e1f8103304521e041433e59400b.jpg

c3d613df8af72aa2cfe63129a944f641.jpg

fc2b50ba49915178411fc299e6edd156.jpg

947bbd9684869b935fe1ea985880c15d.jpg

Has anybody got tips for finding sugar daddies :trisha:

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

Late to the conversation, but though LDR is still technically a 'pop star,' I don't think she's released anything in the 'Pop' genre since Paradise, with 'Ride,' 'American' and 'Bel Air.' Pop is meant to be commercial; that's it's main purpose. 

'Ultraviolence,' as released, was purposefully not Pop music, except, perhaps, for 'West Coast.'  'Honeymoon' was not a Pop album and really had no 'Pop radio-friendly' cuts except maybe 'Religion' and 'HBTB.'  By this time, I was thinking of LDR as an Alternative artist (like Jeff Buckley or Tori Amos), though I still consider her musical genre to be 'Hollywood Sadcore' personally. 

As we know, the 'LFL' album was partially an attempt to produce a few pop radio-friendly tracks, including the title track, 'Love,' 'TNC,' and especially 'BPBP.'  None received much radio play or were commercially successful as singles, which, to LDR and many of us, is neither here nor there. 

'NFR!' was not a Pop album, but another album that was like 'Honeymoon' in that it continued her move away from Pop. 'COCC' has a Pop track: 'Wild At Heart,' but the rest is not Pop in any traditional sense, though some might consider 'DTWD,' 'NAWWAL' and 'TJF' to be Pop.

The three singles just released from 'BB'/'RCS' are obviously not Pop.  

I don't think LDR wants to be known as a Pop artist, like Ariana Grande or the Jonas Brothers. That's been her whole point since 'UV.'

I don't think when Bruce Springsteen, who continues to rave about her public, thinks of her he thinks of LDR as a Pop artist, and Joan Baez probably doesn't either, nor Stevie or Courtney. They, more than anyone, can understand her desire to change, evolve and grow, and being taken seriously as a musician. 

31 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Late to the conversation, but though LDR is still technically a 'pop star,' I don't think she's released anything in the 'Pop' genre since Paradise, with 'Ride,' 'American' and 'Bel Air.' Pop is meant to be commercial; that's it's main purpose. 

'Ultraviolence,' as released, was purposefully not Pop music, except, perhaps, for 'West Coast.'  'Honeymoon' was not a Pop album and really had no 'Pop radio-friendly' cuts except maybe 'Religion' and 'HBTB.'  By this time, I was thinking of LDR as an Alternative artist (like Jeff Buckley or Tori Amos), though I still consider her musical genre to be 'Hollywood Sadcore' personally. 

As we know, the 'LFL' album was partially an attempt to produce a few pop radio-friendly tracks, including the title track, 'Love,' 'TNC,' and especially 'BPBP.'  None received much radio play or were commercially successful as singles, which, to LDR and many of us, is neither here nor there. 

'NFR!' was not a Pop album, but another album that was like 'Honeymoon' in that it continued her move away from Pop. 'COCC' has a Pop track: 'Wild At Heart,' but the rest is not Pop in any traditional sense, though some might consider 'DTWD,' 'NAWWAL' and 'TJF' to be Pop.

The three singles just released from 'BB'/'RCS' are obviously not Pop.  

I don't think LDR wants to be known as a Pop artist, like Ariana Grande or the Jonas Brothers. That's been her whole point since 'UV.'

I don't think when Bruce Springsteen, who continues to rave about her public, thinks of her he thinks of LDR as a Pop artist, and Joan Baez probably doesn't either, nor Stevie or Courtney. They, more than anyone, can understand her desire to change, evolve and grow, and being taken seriously as a musician. 

I wasn't saying by any means her music is POP, I was just saying that her album releases follows the same steps of a pop star album rollout, as well as her fanbase (and the majority are teenagers) expect her to follow it, otherwise this fanbase wouldn't care about her album promos, photoshoots,  etc and what I was saying besides that is that she's changing her album rollouts because she doesn't want to fit into this category anymore because she is currently a pop star wether her music is pop or not and she wants to be like her idols, that was my point

edit: sorry now I read again what you said and you confirmed she is technically a pop star so my whole comment was pointless lmao

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

11 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I wasn't saying by any means her music is POP, I was just saying that her album releases follows the same steps of a pop star album rollout, as well as her fanbase (and the majority are teenagers) expect her to follow it, otherwise this fanbase wouldn't care about her album promos, photoshoots,  etc and what I was saying besides that is that she's changing her album rollouts because she doesn't want to fit into this category anymore because she is currently a pop star wether her music is pop or not and she wants to be like her idols, that was my point

edit: sorry now I read again what you said and you confirmed she is technically a pop star so my whole comment was pointless lmao

No, it's not pointless, and I'm glad you responded. You're right: most of the world still expects an official, professional 'Pop rollout' a la Lady Gaga, Beyonce or Justin Bieber, with sexy/attractive photos, magazine covers, press coverage, interviews--just like LDR used to do, gracing the cover of Rolling Stone multiple times, giving long interviews, releasing an incredible number of photos of herself, being an international style icon for some 18 months, etc. 

So of us still expect that, or long for that, but COCC confirmed that those days are apparently over, at least for the time being, and by her own choice. The three new singles cover art supports that as well, as did the bland 'nothing' cover art for 'MAC' and 'VB' a few years back. 

6 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

No because she doesn't want to spoil the rest of the visual album :sass:

that's the spirit :sass:

the collapse if she comes through with a visual album 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

manifesting an insta post about the album soon

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

48 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

Agree but one thing: I fee like her fan base used to be teenagers until mid to late 2010s when we grew up. I fee like THE "alt" girl for 15 year olds are either Billie or Olivia Rodrigo, Lana is kinda just casually there. She's is still being listened by teenagers but not to the extent it was nearly 10 years ago when Tumblr was a thing and when every "popular" "grown up" middle schooler in my town posted BTD era screenshots and gifs on Facebook. I feel like the majority in their early 20s. Just like JB's stans are now in their 20s and he's not considered a teen heartthrob anymore although he's still in his 20s because the new Gen has moved to worshiping kpop idols. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

2 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

manifesting an insta post about the album soon

let’s raise that bar: manifesting album out tonight to make us happy and to make her happy by stealing lorde’s shine 

source.gif

2 minutes ago, shady said:

Agree but one thing: I fee like her fan base used to be teenagers until mid to late 2010s when we grew up. I fee like THE "alt" girl for 15 year olds are either Billie or Olivia Rodrigo, Lana is kinda just casually there. She's is still being listened by teenagers but not to the extent it was nearly 10 years ago when Tumblr was a thing and when every "popular" "grown up" middle schooler in my town posted BTD era screenshots and gifs on Facebook. Just like JB's stans are now in their 20s and he's not considered a teen heartthrob anymore although he's still in his 20s because the new Gen has moved to worshiping kpop idols. 

that's what I said in my previous post yesterday, even though we grew up with her and we're not teenagers anymore her old music still speaks to the teenagers and that's why she still has a large teenage fanbase and that's changing because she's making those changes with her music and album rollouts

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg