Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, lizzyschemtrails said:

Hi everyone!!:wub: I haven’t been on LB for about a week... has anything happened in regards to the album, any news? 

:bebe:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just now, lizzyschemtrails said:

This gif spoke a thousand words... thanks

:cryney2:

im sorry sis, i wish i had good news

2 minutes ago, shady said:

Agree but one thing: I fee like her fan base used to be teenagers until mid to late 2010s when we grew up. I fee like THE "alt" girl for 15 year olds are either Billie or Olivia Rodrigo, Lana is kinda just casually there. She's is still being listened by teenagers but not to the extent it was nearly 10 years ago when Tumblr was a thing and when every "popular" "grown up" middle schooler in my town posted BTD era screenshots and gifs on Facebook. Just like JB's stans are now in their 20s and he's not considered a teen heartthrob anymore although he's still in his 20s because the new Gen has moved to worshiping kpop idols. 

the fact teenagers consider people like billie or olivia rodriguez as alt nowadays… were we like this too ? :scoff: no we weren’t we were a lot cooler  :sass: all i know is today’s kids could NEVA compete with our random black and white cigarette tumblr pics with a brooklyn baby caption slapped on them….you truly had to be there :nails:

6 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

the fact teenagers consider people like billie or olivia rodriguez as alt nowadays… were we like this too ? :scoff: no we weren’t we were a lot cooler  :sass: all i know is today’s kids could NEVA compete with our random black and white cigarette tumblr pics with a brooklyn baby caption slapped on them….you truly had to be there :nails:

I am a little embarassed to admit it but i missed the tumblr era :oopna:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

2 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

I only searched for specific content on tumblr :oopna:

5 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

so true even though we were cringe af we were so cool :trisha:

lana.jpg

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

11 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

they're all so proud to have olivia rodrigo like she is BRAND NEW lmao, it's quite funny

i don't really get how billie eilish is considered alternative, her music is basically very stripped-down pop and it's very mainstream-friendly, she's extremely popular because her music is fit for a large audience, lana's music & lyricism doesn't fit the mainstream and songs like "ultraviolence" could never fit that audience :oopna:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

13 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

they're all so proud to have olivia rodrigo like she is BRAND NEW lmao, it's quite funny

and she’s so painfully generic like? did we really need another taylor swift with even less vocal talent and even more fake industry push ? was the original one not enough? :noparty:

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't really get how billie eilish is considered alternative, her music is basically very stripped-down pop and it's very mainstream-friendly, lana's music & lyricism doesn't fit the mainstream and songs like "ultraviolence" could never fit that audience :oopna:

she's kiddie pop, i could see her being on those little pop CD's you used to buy when you were 8  

24 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

I'm still on Tumblr :xgiggle:

In my defense, I was never part of the cool Tumblr phase. When everyone was having their alt girl phase, I was sharing flowers, pictures of the sea, forest, veganism, yoga, kombi life... I took the "I'm not like the other girls" too seriously and I regret it

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

and she’s so painfully generic like? did we really need another taylor swift with even less vocal talent and even more fake industry push ? was the original one not enough? :noparty:

right?? i don't get it either, i've seen and heard songs like hers over and over again, her whole brand is nothing fresh and her musical style is literally nothing new at all, like name something that is remotely unique about her, something new that she has brought to the music scene... i bet you can't

angry bops? avril did that

break up songs? taylor did that

dramatically sad songs? lana did that

i couldn't even get through her album without having literal deja vu because i've heard her songs sung a million times before by artists way more interesting

2 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I'm still on Tumblr :xgiggle:

In my defense, I was never part of the cool Tumblr phase. When everyone was having their alt girl phase, I was sharing flowers, pictures of the sea, forest, veganism, yoga, kombi life... I took the "I'm not like the other girls" too seriously and I regret it

i am also sometimes on tumblr and was there for the cool phase :ma: the aesthetics have changed a lot but lana is still all over my feed 

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

right?? i don't get it either, i've seen and heard songs like hers over and over again, her whole brand is nothing fresh and her musical style is literally nothing new at all, like name something that is remotely unique about her, something new that she has brought to the music scene... i bet you can't

angry bops? avril did that

break up songs? taylor did that

dramatically sad songs? lana did that

i couldn't even get through her album without having literal deja vu because i've heard her songs sung a million times before by artists way more interesting

her most popular song right now literally sounds like the chorus of misery business. adults only like her music bc it sounds nostalgic to them 

i don't personally dislike or have a problem with olivia rodrigo, yet i don't have any interest in her music :awkney: she really became a massive pop star overnight, i highly doubt her growth/success was 100% organic, i really don't have any interest in today's pop music so i don't have any reason to think that her music is really any different :tsk:

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Like no tea or shade to Olivia and Billie stans but like...Lana gave us 27 years of life experience in her songwriting meanwhile these new girlies are singing about high school shit lol. It's just funny how people fawn over them like they have lots to say. This is why I don't stan young talent because they lack so much experience and it shows in their music :tommy:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

8 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Like no tea or shade to Olivia and Billie stans but like...Lana gave us 27 years of life experience in her songwriting meanwhile these new girlies are singing about high school shit lol. It's just funny how people fawn over them like they have lots to say. This is why I don't stan young talent because they lack so much experience and it shows in their music :tommy:

Someone said this the other day but the comment was that they listen to something because of the way it sounds and not the lyrical content. That’s kinda how I feel about Billie. I love her voice and the music sounds nice to me, but I can’t really relate to her lyrics. Lana, on the other hand, is a double whammy with incredible melodies/lyrics and a pristine voice. And on top of all of that she’s fucking gorgeous :trisha:

OT: BLUE BANISTERSS OOOOHH :omfg2: