Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

also sorry to take this in a direction that i know a few people will hate, but this album reminds me a lot of the aesthetic that lana has submerged herself in hanging out in the midwest and the country and with people like Nikki Lane. If you get the chance you should listen, it puts my dogs to sleep and the harmonies realllllly hit a spot in your brain that makes you feel warm.

71zy1dotBBL._SL1200_.jpg

faSE.gif

3 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

also sorry to take this in a direction that i know a few people will hate, but this album reminds me a lot of the aesthetic that lana has submerged herself in hanging out in the midwest and the country and with people like Nikki Lane. If you get the chance you should listen, it puts my dogs to sleep and the harmonies realllllly hit a spot in your brain that makes you feel warm.

71zy1dotBBL._SL1200_.jpg

Taste bestie! Everyone stream willow garden 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

5 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Taste bestie! Everyone stream willow garden 

omg i actually really like this! it definitely fits the midwest, blues-country inspired vibe she's been doing, i think something like "california dreamin" would be really cool, a little more upbeat but still undeniably vintage, and a little unsettling :flutter: also when i clicked on this video so i could embed it i got a gucci guilty ad, it's a sign :et: 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

omg i actually really like this! it definitely fits the midwest, blues-country inspired vibe she's been doing, i think something like "california dreamin" would be really cool, a little more upbeat but still undeniably vintage, and a little unsettling :flutter: also when i clicked on this video so i could embed it i got a gucci guilty ad, it's a sign :et: 

I would DIE and go to heaven if Lana covered this. I've been manifesting since 2017 :defeated:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Just now, Surf Noir said:

Can you even imagine Lana doing a mama’s and papa’s cover. Oh my god something I never even knew I needed. :crai:

faSE.gif

1 minute ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I would DIE and go to heaven if Lana covered this. I've been manifesting since 2017 :defeated:

Just now, cru3lworld said:

Can you even imagine Lana doing a mama’s and papa’s cover. Oh my god something I never even knew I needed. :crai:

she also referenced it in "fuck it i love you"! and with possible two cover albums being recorded... it's more likely than you think :et: :smile: 

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

midwestern country aesthetic manifestations going on at lanaboards…i’ll blame y’all if this is another yeehaw mess we’ll jinx it again :tanisha:

Not manifesting just trying to decipher what’s in her head. The lyricism and story telling reminds me a lot of what she’s doing now. If you want me to be honest I’m really hoping for something along the veins of WW but with more intricate production. It reminds me a bit of ultraviolence with some of her vocal stylings and I’d be really happy to hear something in between UV and COCC. 

faSE.gif

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

this is so embarassing  https://www.lanadelrey.com/the fucking quality:eartha2:

58 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i really wonder if she's making it uglier on purpose, because i CAN'T with this..

Imagem

Yes, she's doing this on purpose. And she must be laughing a lot about it all. lol And I also can't stop laughing! :hide:

manifesting yeehaw rural midwest hawaiian glam metal psychedelia surf noir space rock desert rock catholic psychedelic synth folk hollywood sadcore lo-fi hiphop baroque pop naturistic witchy y2k heavy metal hyper-pop country grunge bubblegum synth retro dance pop rock candy sweet :makeup2:

9 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

midwestern country aesthetic manifestations going on at lanaboards…i’ll blame y’all if this is another yeehaw mess we’ll jinx it again :tanisha:

It's better than what she's been serving, so I'm manifesting

Anyways lana clearly remains the queen of alternative no one can touch her melodies, lyricism and storytelling so despite trolling us with terrible visuals and a lack of communication at the end of the day it’s all about the music 

Spoiler

:lanahairflip3:

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

31 minutes ago, cru3lworld said:

71zy1dotBBL._SL1200_.jpg

I used to listen to this record at my grandma's cottage when I was little, I haven't heard it in forever! Thanks for posting, it's so good :wub:

1 hour ago, Honeyyoung said:

i really wonder if she's making it uglier on purpose, because i CAN'T with this..

Imagem

OKAY idk why but I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS SO MUCH???? she looks HOT AF and SEXY and BADASS like she won't not f*ck someone the f*ck up? I prefer it black and white like this 

1 hour ago, cru3lworld said:

Not manifesting just trying to decipher what’s in her head. The lyricism and story telling reminds me a lot of what she’s doing now. If you want me to be honest I’m really hoping for something along the veins of WW but with more intricate production. It reminds me a bit of ultraviolence with some of her vocal stylings and I’d be really happy to hear something in between UV and COCC. 

oh a cocc/uv fusion in a ww direction with more intricate production is a whole vibe we agree on. :angie:

i always thought cocc has great lyrics and great melodies. if the production had just a bit more elements, some electric guitars and more drums the whole album would’ve honestly been one of her best works. it’s still a very good album but it’s sad to think about how much more amazing it could’ve been with more productional elements. yosemite with some drums and strings added. white dress with light electrical guitars and more noticeable drums. a more electronic/drum rich dbjag with more bass…. even sound design wise she could’ve added those natural elements, sounds of sand flying through the wind, a small fire crackling, misty forest  sounds during yosemite, birds chirping in the background during nawwal and so on :wowcry: