Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

Maybe that cover has hidden message, meaning. Bruises on her chest- her past, she's hurted but she's still standing etc.

Yes at first I thought it was just the layered filters fucking up the picture but can filters do that? I mean in the TB and WW cover it looks like her eyes and in her chest and the "bruises" are in the same spot that is darker in the original... So idk if it wasn't intentional but she liked the effect or it was done on purpose :gasp:

giphy.gif

i think that pic is probably just the TB single pic with a b&w filter on it so it fits better as a background to the site. idk why she would reveal the album cover by making it the background behind the singles... but honestly who knows that this point :crai:

3 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i think that pic is probably just the TB single pic with a b&w filter on it so it fits better as a background to the site. idk why she would reveal the album cover by making it the background behind the singles... but honestly who knows that this point :crai:

honestly this^^

I feel like the background isn't the cover but even if it is hopefully we'll still get an UO AltCover (at least we better :judgingu: ) 

also if it is actually the cover then I don't mind it, it's grown on me 

When you compare it to other album covers (Born to Die specifically) it feels really defiant?

Like she's finally gotten in the car and she's at this point where she doesn't need to have this highly stylised image of herself anymore, and even tho it's normal for artists to put out multiple covers she's just doing it how she wants to

Even the music is different, at least what we've heard. It's more stripped back and poetic as opposed to very cinematic and boppy? I can't think of another word I'm sorry

Even Norman's cover was kinda forced on her, she said the alt cover (another selfie photo, which I love) was originally meant to be the general cover and I guess with CoCC she went with a music video bts photo?? (And we at least still got an alt cover from an actual shoot)

She's actually so weird now that I think about it..

Anyways if she's gonna go with any selfies I really want it to be that other BlueBanisters selfie she posted and then archived because that was so pretty

Idk if I'm making any sense right now tbh (I don't do drugs feat. ArianaGrande :lel:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

How did I only just notice Lana posted the single cover selfie back in August 2020?? Am I really behind??

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

was that picture in the same location as the hideous chemtrails cover? because if so... then well :bebe:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

43 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

Maybe that cover has hidden message, meaning. Bruises on her chest- her past, she's hurted but she's still standing etc.

oMg Is LaNa GlAoMoUrIzInG aBuSe AgAiN? 

Think of the children! We need to cancel her! 

Also I understand the point but that doesn't excuse it for being a horrible picture. Halsey did a nice job with a glittery "black eye" on the Manic artwork. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

2 minutes ago, shady said:

Also I understand the point but that doesn't excuse it for being a horrible picture. Halsey did a nice job with a glittery "black eye" on the Manic artwork. 

I'd prefer a creepy "horrible" picture that a simple cover where she just looks pretty looking at the camera. If it's the cover I'd take it as an UV progression where she is finally inside the car but decaying :thumb3:. But still I don't think is the cover and like me and some of us said, it's just a neutral background for the website.

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, shady said:

At least we're having a concept.

Do I like it? No, I don't.

Am I going to buy the physical copy? Also no, because I'm not obligated to look to that hideous cover

It's better accept than stress over something that we can't change

I had a dream, a magazine posted an early review (a positive one) of the album and leaked the whole tracklist :toofunny: everyone was having meltdowns. And then, there was this song she'd released and it was so beautiful :defeated:

I'm manifesting it all becomes real

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

3 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Am I going to buy the physical copy? Also no, because I'm not obligated to look to that hideous cover

I’ve never really understood this stance, yet it seems to be very common around here. Do you guys only buy albums to look at? Like I’ve got plenty of albums I love spinning but I don’t care for the album cover, but it doesn’t matter because I can literally put the sleeve back on the shelf while I listen if it’s that big of a deal. If I only bought albums with covers I liked, I’d be missing lots of great albums.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

13 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I had a dream, a magazine posted an early review (a positive one) of the album and leaked the whole tracklist :toofunny: everyone was having meltdowns. And then, there was this song she'd released and it was so beautiful :defeated:

I'm manifesting it all becomes real

i love the way that we are so invested in this woman that she makes her way into our dreams. 

:ahh:

faSE.gif

if it's not released on july 4th what are we gonna do, there will be no end in sight :oprah2:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

39 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

I’ve never really understood this stance, yet it seems to be very common around here. Do you guys only buy albums to look at? Like I’ve got plenty of albums I love spinning but I don’t care for the album cover, but it doesn’t matter because I can literally put the sleeve back on the shelf while I listen if it’s that big of a deal. If I only bought albums with covers I liked, I’d be missing lots of great albums.

I don't understand that too. The music matters and not the artwork. I always laugh when I see the LFL cover but to hold the CD is the experience.

Mfhp.gif