Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

he really jumps on every upcoming female star it’s really weird: billie, rina sawayama, dua, phoebe bridgers… like man just accept you’re not very relevant anymore and let it go it’s kinda cringe :awkney:

2 hours ago, shady said:

Exactly, I didn't know about the other artists but it only confirms my theory lmao. IMO there's nothing better for a celeb than having a quiet life after decades of a successful career and swimming in cash. Dude has a net worth of HALF A BILLION. Gramps pls sit your ass at home and buttfuck hot twinks from time to time.

We have to admit that he's still less desperate than Madonna who's still trying to have a career with her horrible autotuned voice and we all know how her opening of 2019 ESC went... Physical copies of her latest album are everywhere and all 50%-70% on sale. Yikes! 

Can I just say that I really love when you both interact on here together. Always spilling that good tea :hooker:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

5 hours ago, lanasbottom said:

he really jumps on every upcoming female star it’s really weird: billie, rina sawayama, dua, phoebe bridgers… like man just accept you’re not very relevant anymore and let it go it’s kinda cringe :awkney:

JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER GAY AROUND 

Isn't it possible that as a musician Elton John is just passionate about music and so he tries to keep up and not be one of those annoying people who screams that "today's music sucks and quality music was made in previous decades"?:ohno: Like I don't know the guy but it's good that he is open to discovering new stuff instead of being closed off and remaining in his bubble as most people do. 

3 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Isn't it possible that as a musician Elton John is just passionate about music and so he tries to keep up and not be one of those annoying people who screams that "today's music sucks and quality music was made in previous decades"?:ohno: Like I don't know the guy but it's good that he is open to discovering new stuff instead of being closed off and remaining in his bubble as most people do. 

Yeah, that’s just the ageism showing its ugly head on here again. If they want to retire, they sure can. But if they’re passionate about their craft, why tf should they stop. Johnny Cash released right before his death a cover of NIN’s Hurt. I guess he put himself through that ordeal with all his heath issues to stay relevant huh 

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

For all of you were who were praising the hell out of the 3 singles when they were released while I was expressing my disappointment, I'm here to admit that I was wrong. I've been finally starting to really get into the singles lately, and Sher the Truth's analysis of the lyrics finally make me understand what y'all have been screaming about her songwriting growth :defeated: 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

3 hours ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Can I just say that I really love when you both interact on here together. Always spilling that good tea :hooker:

ofc you can love:sass::wub: the tea shall always be spilled to get us through this boring period of nothingness 

19 minutes ago, Creyk said:

i don't know why people are being so harsh about elton john, i personally don't know his music and i only brought up the idea of a collab as a joke, but i actually think it's cool that he praises new artists, it shows that he values today's art and i'm sure anybody would be flattered if a music icon like elton john was a fan of them, but yeah, the ageism is not cute :tsk: 

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't know why people are being so harsh about elton john, i personally don't know his music and i only brought up the idea of a collab as a joke, but i actually think it's cool that he praises new artists, it shows that he values today's art and i'm sure anybody would be flattered if a music icon like elton john was a fan of them, but yeah, the ageism is not cute :tsk: 

Exactly. It's good that he acknowledges these new artists, it is a tough industry to break into so it must feel nice when someone who has made it praises you & lets you know you are appreciated in professional circles as well. 

Sher's breakdown/analysis of the lyrical content definitely gave me new insight on the songs, and TB & BB are a little less boring to me... but i still cannot stand WW. Its just an objective mess, and the piano at the beginning sounds so weird and cheap to me. 

13 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

ppl like to be bitter and miserable

image.png

9 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

Sher's breakdown/analysis of the lyrical content definitely gave me new insight on the songs, and TB & BB are a little less boring to me... but i still cannot stand WW. Its just an objective mess, and the piano at the beginning sounds so weird and cheap to me. 

How is WW an objetive mess? It has a pretty standard structure with verses, prechorus (maybe 2 if you count the stardust and hot fire things as separate) and chorus (+ the outro where she goes high). 

I'm just asking cause I find WW the most "normal" song of the bunch 

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

How is WW an objetive mess? It has a pretty standard structure with verses, prechorus (maybe 2 if you count the stardust and hot fire things as separate) and chorus (+ the outro where she goes high). 

I'm just asking cause I find WW the most "normal" song of the bunch 

The pacing is all over the place, the production is hollow and broken sounding, and the lyrics are as boring as the surface of water. I think the only part i like from the song is the stardust part .. everything else seems so..... meh

20 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

ppl like to be bitter and miserable

Nah, it doesn't affect my life and I like seeing talented people getting recognition even if I'm not a huge fan. It just seems disingenuous. When Taylor, Beyonce, Gaga, Riri etc. praise someone new it seems genuine because it looks like an older sister giving an advice. Good that Elton's hyping it helps those artists but, like I said, I find it hard to believe that a man in his 70s can be a fan of a music by a late teen and someone in her 20s. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

9 minutes ago, shady said:

Nah, it doesn't affect my life and I like seeing talented people getting recognition even if I'm not a huge fan. It just seems disingenuous. When Taylor, Beyonce, Gaga, Riri etc. praise someone new it seems genuine because it looks like an older sister giving an advice. Good that Elton's hyping it helps those artists but, like I said, I find it hard to believe that a man in his 70s can be a fan of a music by a late teen and someone in her 20s. 

But tony bennet liked lady gaga

Joan baez likes lana del rey

aretha frankin liked ariana grande

12 minutes ago, shady said:

why can't somebody in their 70s enjoy music from a different generation? i think the idea that older people can't enjoy something that's "modern" & "new" is limiting, he works in the music industry so it shouldn't be a surprise that he knows more about today's music despite his age, i think he complimented "heather" by conan gray since it was written by the artist, i don't think it's disingenuous, and even if he was praising modern artists for attention, it's better than him dragging modern artists for attention :whatever2:

WGe8ynS.gif

8 minutes ago, shady said:

I think it's common to see senior, established members of any industry feel a responsibility to support (and even mentor) the younger ones, especially the ones who are so young but already making brilliant moves. He might not be a *stan* but that doesn't make him disingenuous; he hasn't done anything to make me think his heart isn't in the right place.

mUENGN9.png