Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

30 minutes ago, shady said:

Nah, it doesn't affect my life and I like seeing talented people getting recognition even if I'm not a huge fan. It just seems disingenuous. When Taylor, Beyonce, Gaga, Riri etc. praise someone new it seems genuine because it looks like an older sister giving an advice. Good that Elton's hyping it helps those artists but, like I said, I find it hard to believe that a man in his 70s can be a fan of a music by a late teen and someone in her 20s. 

Bruce Springsteen loves Lana and has called her the songwriter of the generation. So that would make his statement disingenuous because of the age difference? :pls: 
Maybe touch some grass to lose some of that closed-mindedness

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

1 hour ago, mansfield ringer said:

Sher's breakdown/analysis of the lyrical content definitely gave me new insight on the songs, and TB & BB are a little less boring to me... but i still cannot stand WW. Its just an objective mess, and the piano at the beginning sounds so weird and cheap to me. 

Cher’s a lana stan? QUEEN :angie:

55 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

The pacing is all over the place, the production is hollow and broken sounding, and the lyrics are as boring as the surface of water. I think the only part i like from the song is the stardust part .. everything else seems so..... meh

Wow it’s so weird how people’s tastes can differ. I found WW to be the most powerful song of the three, especially in regards to lyrics. I was floored when I first heard it. :( to me, it’s anything BUT boring!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

34 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

But tony bennet liked lady gaga

Joan baez likes lana del rey

aretha frankin liked ariana grande

and grace jones and whitney DRAGGED gaga as if she stole from them

courtney used to hate lana too 

madge’s a lipster now which is…unexpected but a serve

aretha hated taylor and i love her for that. 

idk what my point is but it’s amusing so there’s that :xgiggle:

2 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

Wow it’s so weird how people’s tastes can differ. I found WW to be the most powerful song of the three, especially in regards to lyrics. I was floored when I first heard it. :( to me, it’s anything BUT boring!

Completely agree w this. WW's lyrics, compared to the other two, were so jarring and unsettling to me (probably because I could relate lol :agree2:) and for Lana to be so vulnerable and generous enough to share with people that she struggles or did struggle with emotion regulation was huge. I guess it almost doesn't matter to me what the production then sounds like if the songwriting is as brutally honest as in WW 

(though I think it actually all works brilliantly together: the lyrics paint a story of learning how to navigate emotional extremes and the production mirrors it - and i see the production towards the end as obviously chaotic and "on fire" but, probably through the steady drum pattern, it still feels like there is an attempt to keep it balanced and controlled) 

mUENGN9.png

I was just listening to WW today and thinking how it's the best from the batch to me. I love the melody and how it builds up, and the lyrics are so powerful too. :oprah: It's also the one that I genuinely resonate the most with, as I can kind of relate to the whole metaphor of the wildfire associated to strong and almost destructive feelings (or at least that's how I interpret it) 

Anyways, pre-order coming in 2 seconds :clapback:

34 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

I stg Neil cares more about Lana's work than she does at this point :bebe:

For real these photos he posted are amazing and they are making me emotional :cat:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Her whole discography, minus the three singles, have all been upgraded to lossless on AM, so the new album better be!

"Don’t forget me"

ugh i love neil a lot, i’m studying him for my gcse art identity course and am hoping to do some photography/editing and physical art inspired by the uv photoshoots

also i’m crying at the two and a half pages of elton john discourse :hide:

and also again i wanna add to the wildfire wildflower convo, it’s my least fave of the three i like it but the low quality ending just really isn’t nice to listen to imo

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

28 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

For real like these photos he posted are amazing and they are making me emotional :cat:

His photoshoots are amazing, he never fails

4 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

Her whole discography, minus the three singles, have all been upgraded to lossless on AM, so the new album better be!

But I want Atmos or whatever it is called :icant:

If you were an insider and heard Blue Banisters (the song) ahead of time, how would you describe it to others? Like what existing Lana song is most similar to it

BoZ said Yosemite & I Don’t Wanna Go. Maybe rhythmically similar in Yosemite but not sonically I feel

10 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

but dolby atmos WHEN??? who do we need to harass for us to finally be able to listen to uv and godlymoon in their immersive psychedelic 3D perfection ????:wowcry: honeymoon always looses SOMETHING ITS JUST SICK 

1 minute ago, NewportBitch said:

If you were an insider and heard Blue Banisters (the song) ahead of time, how would you describe it to others? Like what existing Lana song is most similar to it

BoZ said Yosemite & I Don’t Wanna Go. Maybe rhythmically similar in Yosemite but not sonically I feel

Ambienty, really minimalistic, space-y. Mix of Hope Is... and Burnt Norton.

2 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

tbh id also say Yosemite cuz the "and that scared me" line from BB has the same melody as "for the right reasons" from Yosemite

i wouldnt know any other song id compare it to

image.png