Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

I don't think that Lana wants to attract new listeners, that's why she's not filtering or perfecting her latest songs.

She knows she has a huge fanbase that buys everything that she puts out and she wants to tell her story. I have a feeling that this whole album will be like diary entries and that she will be praised for being real

I agree. She's doing what she wants to do as an artist, now more than ever, and that is her priority, period--and all that is on her mind. Clearly she doesn't care much about album graphics anymore, interviews, magazine covers, glamour, bright lights, red carpets. 

I do not like the BLM line, because it comes off as narcissistic virtue signaling. She said “and I saw you saw who I am”, so in the end the whole BLM line is about how Lana’s man can see her virtue and how that makes her feel virtuous, and she makes the whole movement about her. Of the three songs, TB really has not aged well for me. All the daddy lyrics make me cringe, and the chorus melody is very catchy but just seems like a generic pop melody. There are still a lot of things about this song that I like, but I stopped listening to TB mostly. WF and and BB are still good though.

13 hours ago, Red Dress said:

Elton has made a habit of always buying the newest released albums and giving them all a critical listen - partly so he can stay abreast of what's current, but also because whenever he hears something unique and interesting, he literally calls the artist up himself on the telephone to compliment them on their music. He has nothing to prove musically anymore. He's been outrageous and controversial. He's done various genres and worked with a bunch of big names from the pop to rock and blues to musical theatre genres. He has nothing to gain from remaining on the pulse of the newest music, but he likes to give credit where credit's due and a phone call from one of the big names in music lends more than a hint of credence to an upcoming artist's music.

This is true...he's publicly praised Parker Milsap, Foster The People, Lana, Billie and many others...even Kate Bush back when she was starting out...Parker Milsap says John called him and told him how great a vocalist John thought he was. He has nothing to prove to anyone, nor do I think he's trying to 'stay relevant' or glom attention off younger musicians. Even if the great era of his career was relatively short, for 5-7 years he made some of the greatest and most diverse rock music ever. And he sang about homosexuality at a time when it wasn't cool to do so, even if in what today would be considered a politically incorrect manner. 

As far as age differences between the listener and the artist, any person of any age can potentially appreciate any artist from any era. If that weren't true, how would younger people today appreciate Joni Mitchell's classic 70s era? Or John Coltrane? Or Ella Fitzgerald? Or even late 20s and 30s warblers like Annette Henshaw and Ruth Etting? Or the classic Rolling Stones, or Blondie, The Patti Smith Group, or Joy Division? 

The inverse is also true. Lana sings about human emotions and human experiences. Why should Elton not be able to relate directly to a song like 'Summertime Sadness,' 'Ride,' 'Old Money' or 'Wildflower Wildfire'? He's not dead yet. And he has a lifetime of memories to reflect upon. And we know Springsteen and Joan Baez love Lana's music, and Stevie Nicks to some degree, and Courtney Love. Among, probably, many other prominent artists and musicians. 

25 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I agree. She's doing what she wants to do as an artist, now more than ever, and that is her priority, period--and all that is on her mind. Clearly she doesn't care much about album graphics anymore, interviews, magazine covers, glamour, bright lights, red carpets. 

And I think that’s such a shame as graphics are art and it doesn’t take much to make a proper cover. This is not a good thing in my opinion… I don’t want Lana to become a hermit. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

And I think that’s such a shame as graphics are art and it doesn’t take much to make a proper cover. This is not a good thing in my opinion… I don’t want Lana to become a hermit. 

I'd also like to see some terrific album graphics, but I really think she's been spooked about them since UV. She doesn't have to look sexy or sensual, but there's no reason she cannot create some some beautiful and memorable cover art. 

how i interpret the black lives matter line is that she's attending black lives matter protests and her boyfriend (which i assume was sean) knew she was attending and maybe didn't approve of it, since he's a cop and it's known that he's more of a "blue lives mattter" kind of guy, and maybe this divided them, "and you saw me for who i am" was a way of saying that sean had figured out what lana's beliefs really are, you could almost feel the divide between them as he realizes that her stance was different, i know the lyric "and i screamed for them" is often interpreted as her screaming for her father, but i interpret it as lana continuing to attend the protests and fighting for what's right regardless

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

poor girl can't say anything without it being "controversial", i think people who find something controversial or are offended by something are just very bored

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

9 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

poor girl can't say anything without it being "controversial", i think people who find something controversial or are offended by something are just very bored

Most of it is cowardly bullying, but it happens to most public figures today. No one is so Woke, so Liberal, so Free of Taint as to be spared from a mob attack. 

2 hours ago, Writer In The Dark said:

And her stans on Twitter quite often called her a Karen, a Trump supporter... Lana is very sensitive and of course her attitude towards fans and social media has changed.

yeah but it sucks because most twitter stans don’t really stan her, or at least do it in a very weird way. literally more than 50% of the time she gets dragged because of those idiotic twinks who set her up. and it just sucks because since she was always a big twitter user that’s the type of fans she sees the most. lanaboards stans, reddit stans, insta stans etc she doesn’t really see or hear much from us, but she sees the majority of the dumb twitter ones, which as we know are the worst. i feel like something shifted when she told that "fans" she was waiting for them to deactivate… 

of all the things you're able to make ur life better w the internet, why the hell is being annoying so prevalent. it's like the reversal of bullying, only this time no one gets smacked in the face for acting like a brat. 

the music's kinda wearing off for me. still real great, but listening to it less. wish we could've had a storyboard pieced by now. 

UV/Honeymoon

7 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I sense something happening soon :yesnod:

She kinda doesn’t have a choice, to say something :thumb3:

When the project is postponed, she usually updates us around the given date. So before July 4, she will say something, I guess 

"Fans": bullying artist for nothing, always unhappy for anything he/she/they do, criticism all the time, everything bother them

Also "fans": *pikachu surprised face* WHY HE/SHE/THEY MOVES AWAY FROM US?

16 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

"Fans": bullying artist for nothing, always unhappy for anything he/she/they do, criticism all the time, everything bother them

Also "fans": *pikachu surprised face* WHY HE/SHE/THEY MOVES AWAY FROM US?

Lana really channeled this gif huh

07-DBA0-E4-1-D24-4332-ACAA-DCEB05319-EA3