Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, COCC said:

ย 

Ben seems to be happy with her, just read the interview he gave a few months ago or the comments he leaves on IG. She definitely has her manager's approval and works together with them.ย 

I mean, Ben's not gonna be like, "oh yeah she's lazy af and when she told me her next album cover was a selphie I told her it was bollocks and threw my phone in the Thames"

Of course he's gonna go along with her. What's the alternative? She is in charge and all decisions are ultimately hers. They can't make her do anything.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

giphy.gif

Us right nowย 

ย 

ย 

๐‘ณ๐’Š๐’‡๐’† ๐’Š๐’” ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’‚๐’–๐’•๐’Š๐’‡๐’–๐’ ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’…๐’๐’'๐’• ๐’‰๐’‚๐’—๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’„๐’๐’–๐’†

1 hour ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I'm sure fame isn't what she thought it would be, but I don't think it's true that she doesn't want to be famous - or moreover, she obviously still wants to release songs and she knows fame comes with that. If she doesn't want to be famous, why release anything at all? Especially containing provocative lyrics about her hospitalisation and her mother's abuse?

ย 

I don't think that she needs to stop releasing music to slow down her fame. She just needs to disappear, working on her albums in secret and release them without any buzz (trust me, she's not doing this right now. She attracted every single piece of attention when she announced RCS as her revenge album one day after COCC. She did the same with the picsart covers)

ย 

Lana loves her career, but she seems kinda confused with what she really wants or how to achieve it. I'm not gonna be surprised if she starts to suffer from a serious burnout (I think that this already started, by judging her interviews in the COCC era)

2 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I'm sure fame isn't what she thought it would be, but I don't think it's true that she doesn't want to be famous - or moreover, she obviously still wants to release songs and she knows fame comes with that. If she doesn't want to be famous, why release anything at all?

Itโ€™s possible sheโ€™s constantly debating quitting because she canโ€™t handle fame but never does because she is so passionate about her work. Even between AKA and BTD when her career seemed to be going nowhere, she was constantly making music. And now she has the opportunity toย releaseย her music forย the world and to support herself that way and she shouldnโ€™t have to give up herย privacy and safety and peace of mind just to create songs and make a living off of that. Yeah, I know, itโ€™s a trade off, but it doesnโ€™t mean itโ€™s fair or that she just accepts it with a smile. Plus even if she did quit, the catโ€™s already out of the bag, everyone knows who she is. She wouldnโ€™t even be able to have a personal social media page or live her life in peace. Fans would still stalk her and harass her. They wouldnโ€™t just forget she existed. So if she canโ€™t ever have true freedom or safety again, why should she give up her passion? Would it not make more sense to just put out music on her own terms and still get to write and sing and support herself that way? Because the life sheโ€™s living at the moment, kinda low key, hanging out with her friends, is likely the exact same life sheโ€™d be living if she quit music, including having fans running into her all the time. Sheโ€™d never escape that unless she lived in disguises all the timeย and nothingโ€™s stopping her from already doing that if she wanted to. Like Joni Mitchell โ€œquitโ€ after pretty much every album but sheโ€™d end up writing so much and wouldnโ€™t even get the privacy she longed for, so sheโ€™d always come back. Sometimes quitting just isnโ€™t worth it even if you hate fameย and your fans.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

11 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

ย 

I don't think that she needs to stop releasing music to slow down her fame. She just needs to disappear, working on her albums in secret and release them without any buzz (trust me, she's not doing this right now. She attracted every single piece of attention when she announced RCS as her revenge album one day after COCC. She did the same with the picsart covers)

ย 

Lana loves her career, but she seems kinda confused with what she really wants or how to achieve it. I'm not gonna be surprised if she starts to suffer from a serious burnout (I think that this already started, by judging her interviews in the COCC era)

I think she wants to interact and stuff, but I also think she's super sensitive and goes to pieces when people criticise her.

She was evidently extremely upset by the reaction to QftC and also to that Annie Mac interview. In both follow up videos, she looked like she'd been crying.

So I guess she's just trying to find that balance rn.ย 

Sometimes I think she'd be better off being likeย Lorde. Just go off and live her life and then come backย when she releases an album.ย 

Informative and well-thought out emails from her like the ones Lorde sends would be better than impulsive IG posts and tweets - for her AND us

She's on socials all the time but somehow manages to tell us absolutely nothing. I'd rather get an email of actual substance every 3 months or so, personally

3 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

Itโ€™s possible sheโ€™s constantly debating quitting because she canโ€™t handle fame but never does because she is so passionate about her work. Even between AKA and BTD when her career seemed to be going nowhere, she was constantly making music. And now she has the opportunity toย releaseย her music forย the world and to support herself that way and she shouldnโ€™t have to give up herย privacy and safety and peace of mind just to create songs and make a living off of that. Yeah, I know, itโ€™s a trade off, but it doesnโ€™t mean itโ€™s fair or that she just accepts it with a smile. Plus even if she did quit, the catโ€™s already out of the bag, everyone knows who she is. She wouldnโ€™t even be able to have a personal social media page or live her life in peace. Fans would still stalk her and harass her. They wouldnโ€™t just forget she existed. So if she canโ€™t ever have true freedom or safety again, why should she give up her passion? Would it not make more sense to just put out music on her own terms and still get to write and sing and support herself that way? Because the life sheโ€™s living at the moment, kinda low key, hanging out with her friends, is likely the exact same life sheโ€™d be living if she quit music, including having fans running into her all the time. Sheโ€™d never escape that unless she lived in disguises all the timeย and nothingโ€™s stopping her from already doing that if she wanted to. Like Joni Mitchell โ€œquitโ€ after pretty much every album but sheโ€™d end up writing so much and wouldnโ€™t even get the privacy she longed for, so sheโ€™d always come back. Sometimes quitting just isnโ€™t worth it even if you hate fameย and your fans.

Well I think any celebrity who lives in LA must be okay with theย attention to an extent. She would certainly get less attention living in, say, Alaska or abroad but she has friends in LA now and I understand the reluctance to leave them. There's no right or wrong way for her to go about it because it's her life but I hope she figues out a way to make it all work for her

I think Lana loves the fame and the success in the sense that her songs (and therefore her message) reachย a big audience but she doesn't like everything else that comes with it.

And about the promo discussion, unless is hard stated in her contract or whatever she doesn't really has to. I know it can be frustrating cause she has a lot of potential and she achieved a lot lately with minimal promo but at the end of the day she's a singer and a songwriter, not a massive popstar (even if she's signed to some major labels). We were spoiled by the BTD/UV days when they made her be everywhere. I guess they were like "if you want to have artistic freedom in your music you have to do what we tellย you in the other aspects" but that slowly changed.

I also miss the intricate and detailed production of the previous albums and the top notch visuals but as long as the music is good... (and in my opinion it still is).ย 

ย 

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, COCC said:

ย 

Lana is not posting. What now?

ย 

giphy.gif

wellโ€ฆ letโ€™s harass her, ben andย nikkiย :sass::typewriter:ย get the typewriters out ladiesย 

i want to die

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

ย 

seriously considering just listening to these songs you knowย :bebe:ย idk how much longer i can wait :bebe:

ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย  ย ย 7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

ย 

4 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

seriously considering just listening to these songs you knowย :bebe:ย idk how much longer i can wait :bebe:

omg I forget you donโ€™t listen to the songs until theyโ€™re released on albumย 

ย 

listen to them!ย 

"Donโ€™t forget me"

3 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

omg I forget you donโ€™t listen to the songs until theyโ€™re released on albumย 

ย 

listen to them!ย 

like with COCC at least we had a release date, i feel this will be another NFR situation when the album comes out next yearย :xcry:

ย 

2 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I think she wants to interact and stuff, but I also think she's super sensitive and goes to pieces when people criticise her.

She was evidently extremely upset by the reaction to QftC and also to that Annie Mac interview. In both follow up videos, she looked like she'd been crying.

So I guess she's just trying to find that balance rn.ย 

Sometimes I think she'd be better off being likeย Lorde. Just go off and live her life and then come backย when she releases an album.ย 

Informative and well-thought out emails from her like the ones Lorde sends would be better than impulsive IG posts and tweets - for her AND us

She's on socials all the time but somehow manages to tell us absolutely nothing. I'd rather get an email of actual substance every 3 months or so, personally

I love what Lorde does. You sign up on her page and she writes a beautiful 5,000 word essay with pics and such when she wants to say something. She has an official IG page but she hasn't updated that in years. I agree that that way is much better. I wish Lana would do that.

Then there's Bat For Lashes (Natasha Khan) who has a Patreon page to share her moodboards, videos, tarot readings, collages, rare music and hand written letters. She has an IG too.

I prefer Lana not posting anything on IG or Twitter at all, then posting some of the ridiculous stuff she posts like things about her friends or her brother running around in a monster mask.