Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

Lana’s albums have consistently sold well first week wym? Up until Chemtrails she sold 100k+. If an album debuts super low (for whatever reason) it’s unlikely that it’s going to randomly gain traction and be successful in the future.

but first week sales don’t really mean anything, her first week sales are good yes but having a segmented release won’t be horrible for her career

what i meant was her albums gain attention later because of their quality and eventually get picked up on. plus her fanbase hasn’t drastically decreased or anything, i think she’s fine for sales right now

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

1 hour ago, Cloud Shrouded said:

Does anyone have any new album name theories or wild guesses :lolliney:

Wildflower Wildfire, Text Book, Cherry Blossom, Dealer :creepna3:

If WW stays on the album, I actually think it would be the perfect title track. I feel like it encapsulates a lot of what's been on her mind for the past year or so, which would hopefully match the rest of the lyrical content in turn. It also just sounds cool - I've always thought it sounded like it could be an opening track too, and if she keeps her track one track two pattern for the title tracks, it'd fit 

imageproxy.jpg

It sucks now we'll have more songs to look forward to :pout:

Praying they leak relatively soon, and we don't have to wait years :smokes:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I always wonder why WW is called Wildflower Wildfire in that order and not the other way around. It feels like she's talking about being a wildflower coming out of wildfire (of her mother). I'm sure she has something in her mind. Anyway, I would love it as a title. 

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

Mike is going to give us an even harder hitting FMWUTTT for her ultimate revenge album :ma: 

It‘ll start very intimate with the three singles but take a turn in the middle and end iin a huge crescendo, where she curses the media and her fans and vocals serve Serene Queen - literally ending with the mic dropping :hype::hype::hype:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

5 minutes ago, lamms said:

Mike is going to give us an even harder hitting FMWUTTT for her ultimate revenge album :ma: 

It‘ll start very intimate with the three singles but take a turn in the middle and end iin a huge crescendo, where she curses the media and her fans and vocals serve Serene Queen - literally ending with the mike dropping :hype::hype::hype:

the music video for the closing track will be very heated, with burning fire surrounding lana, while she's wearing a long, sparkling, black gown, with dramatic smokey eye make-up and dark red lipstick, lana will be screaming at the camera and ripping apart photos of all of the critics who've unrightfully bashed her, and dissing all of the alternative girls who've jacked her style, the video will conclude itself with lana dropping the mic, and mike dean doing a death-drop drag queen style at the very end

GIF come on - animated GIF on GIFER tenor.gif?itemid=7993078

WGe8ynS.gif

5 minutes ago, Thoth said:

I always wonder why WW is called Wildflower Wildfire in that order and not the other way around. It feels like she's talking about being a wildflower coming out of wildfire (of her mother). I'm sure she has something in her mind. Anyway, I would love it as a title. 

It reminds me of "Contemplating at Costco the Santa Clarita fires" or "I said, "I'm scared of the Santa Clarita Fires, I wish that it would rain" - a meadow (wildflowers) or forest catching fire. She is a wildflower doing her best to not catch fire.

8 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

the music video for the closing track will be very heated, with burning fire surrounding lana, while she's wearing a long, sparkling, black gown, with dramatic smokey eye make-up and dark red lipstick, lana will be screaming at the camera and ripping apart photos of all of the critics who've unrightfully bashed her, and dissing all of the alternative girls who've jacked her style, the video will conclude itself with lana dropping the mic, and mike dean doing a death-drop drag queen style at the very end

yeeeees can't wait for the mike dean death-drop :trisha::trisha:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I want her to sing "can I be your wh*re now? or are you all too bored now? I just wanted to sing about my fucked up life, you just want me to be a fairytale wife" 

something sexy and explicit

about how she should be able to sing about her own f*cking p*ssy and it not be "glamorizing sex" wah wah wah im ranting  can't wait for. whatever may come!

21 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

120484 VMAs are currently being engraved with ‘Lana Del Rey’ 

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

Hi, hi! Feel free to move this, but I am dropping some Lana mentions from the new Rolling Stone interview w/ Jack below...

What have you learned from working with Lana Del Rey? She seems like a very different artist than some of your other collaborators.
Very different. It’s a tough one to answer because I see her and my work as just, like, in a different zone or something. I don’t even remember sometimes how a lot of those things happen because everyone has a different process of getting somewhere. And when we’re together, I feel like we just, like, fuck around, just play some stuff. But I did learn not to do anything with her that I’m not prepared to put out before we leave the studio. Because if she’s feeling it, that door’s gonna close. She’s very vibe-driven.

How did “Venice Bitch,” which is almost 10 minutes long, happen?
There was a more beat-driven three-minute version. My process with her is not super precious. It isn’t, until it is. I remember her being like, “What if you just go play drums on it?” I was like, “OK, well, I’ll play, and what if there’s a long outro?” The way I play drums is very much as a fan of music. I spend a lot of time in headphones playing along to records. So I was playing and having a really good time. And I was like, “This part’s quiet, this part’s loud, this part’s crazy, this part’s kind of like acid-y.” Lana’s fun because she’ll call a sound “beautiful,” or “disgusting.” 

On a Bleachers Track

What song came first?
It was “Don’t Go Dark,” which was a literal account of the end of a relationship. I love that song. Lana [Del Rey] helped on that. Because I was just singing “Run, run, run, run with the wild,” and then she was like, [singing] “Do what you want.” And I was like, “Just don’t go dark on me.” It was one of those moments where you know, if someone was filming it, it would have been really special. And I was like, “Damn, that is a dynamite chorus.” So she’s a writer on that.

On Feedback for His Work

Who else is in your feedback group?
The best records are made with a small group of people that really believe in something. My group is like me, my manager, my A&R person who doesn’t even work on my label anymore — he’s just a really close person to me. Then my family, and some artists like Lana. I always play some for Ella [Lorde]. Taylor, of course. 

On His Artistic Direction

It feels like your production both for yourself and your collaborators has gotten more organic lately.
Yeah, for sure. It’s just different phases, different things. Five years ago, I loved nothing more than cutting up samples and playing them on my MPC. That thing has been in the closet for two years now. I think one of the reasons why there’s a group of people I can do good work with is because we’re all feeling a similar thing.

When you make something, you’re at your most valuable if you want something to be out there and you’re not finding it. And what’s not out there is this sort of, like, band-on-fire kind of New Jersey sound mixed with the way I write.

I felt that way. Lana felt that way. Taylor felt that way. And the Lana record and Folklore are very different kinds of organic than this Bleachers rec-ord. But it is on a similar tip of like, “Let’s start to do the thing not everyone can do. Let’s play in a room.”

giphy.gif

Okay but fr whoever has the honor of doing an interview with her next time better ask about this mess, because I really want to know what goes on in her head and behind the scenes :kum:

or else…

4aa542f5e0e37095f8f3d89ccdfdc3e3.gif
… or else i‘ll cry in the corner :crai:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????