Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Hi, hi! Feel free to move this, but I am dropping some Lana mentions from the new Rolling Stone interview w/ Jack below...

What have you learned from working with Lana Del Rey? She seems like a very different artist than some of your other collaborators.
Very different. It’s a tough one to answer because I see her and my work as just, like, in a different zone or something. I don’t even remember sometimes how a lot of those things happen because everyone has a different process of getting somewhere. And when we’re together, I feel like we just, like, fuck around, just play some stuff. But I did learn not to do anything with her that I’m not prepared to put out before we leave the studio. Because if she’s feeling it, that door’s gonna close. She’s very vibe-driven.

How did “Venice Bitch,” which is almost 10 minutes long, happen?
There was a more beat-driven three-minute version. My process with her is not super precious. It isn’t, until it is. I remember her being like, “What if you just go play drums on it?” I was like, “OK, well, I’ll play, and what if there’s a long outro?” The way I play drums is very much as a fan of music. I spend a lot of time in headphones playing along to records. So I was playing and having a really good time. And I was like, “This part’s quiet, this part’s loud, this part’s crazy, this part’s kind of like acid-y.” Lana’s fun because she’ll call a sound “beautiful,” or “disgusting.” 

On a Bleachers Track

What song came first?
It was “Don’t Go Dark,” which was a literal account of the end of a relationship. I love that song. Lana [Del Rey] helped on that. Because I was just singing “Run, run, run, run with the wild,” and then she was like, [singing] “Do what you want.” And I was like, “Just don’t go dark on me.” It was one of those moments where you know, if someone was filming it, it would have been really special. And I was like, “Damn, that is a dynamite chorus.” So she’s a writer on that.

On Feedback for His Work

Who else is in your feedback group?
The best records are made with a small group of people that really believe in something. My group is like me, my manager, my A&R person who doesn’t even work on my label anymore — he’s just a really close person to me. Then my family, and some artists like Lana. I always play some for Ella [Lorde]. Taylor, of course. 

On His Artistic Direction

It feels like your production both for yourself and your collaborators has gotten more organic lately.
Yeah, for sure. It’s just different phases, different things. Five years ago, I loved nothing more than cutting up samples and playing them on my MPC. That thing has been in the closet for two years now. I think one of the reasons why there’s a group of people I can do good work with is because we’re all feeling a similar thing.

When you make something, you’re at your most valuable if you want something to be out there and you’re not finding it. And what’s not out there is this sort of, like, band-on-fire kind of New Jersey sound mixed with the way I write.

I felt that way. Lana felt that way. Taylor felt that way. And the Lana record and Folklore are very different kinds of organic than this Bleachers rec-ord. But it is on a similar tip of like, “Let’s start to do the thing not everyone can do. Let’s play in a room.”

leak the beat-driven venice bitch demo :gasp: 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

5 hours ago, YourGirl666 said:

What if she's doing it because UFB leaked on DBree (and no one noticed) and now she can't put it on the album, just like the Black Beauty/Architecture situation?? I'm searching for it and searching NOW

Btw, manifesting

Album Title: Wildflower Wildfire

1. Wildflower Wildfire

2. Blue Banisters

3. Cherry Blossom

4. Dealer

5. Hallucinogenics

6. Nicki Lane collab

7. Text Book

8. Season of the Witch

9. Boom Like That

10. Looking for America

11. You'll Never Walk Alone

this is just nasty 

well since the title changed :sass: (again…and again) i can finally say i hated that title. it’s just so lame and grandma neither iconic nor really memorable. i didn’t want the song as opening nor title track either so that’s a clear win in my eyes. :dance:

the rest could go both ways: either she scrapped the grandma songs and gives us something with fire. or she’s just about to unleash another non-cohesive “just reworked the demos and made them 10 times worse enjoy xx :)" because either the media, her team or the fans made her self conscious and anxious. well….as long as it’s not delayed (for now) yay…i guess :awkney:

23 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Hi, hi! Feel free to move this, but I am dropping some Lana mentions from the new Rolling Stone interview w/ Jack below...

What have you learned from working with Lana Del Rey? She seems like a very different artist than some of your other collaborators.
Very different. It’s a tough one to answer because I see her and my work as just, like, in a different zone or something. I don’t even remember sometimes how a lot of those things happen because everyone has a different process of getting somewhere. And when we’re together, I feel like we just, like, fuck around, just play some stuff. But I did learn not to do anything with her that I’m not prepared to put out before we leave the studio. Because if she’s feeling it, that door’s gonna close. She’s very vibe-driven.

I don’t understand what this means. 

Is Jack saying that he shouldn’t give Lana demo-level music ideas because she might like it and take it & run?

2 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Is Jack saying that he shouldn’t give Lana demo-level music ideas because she might like it and take it & run?

jack, i love these chords, more like, jack, i stole these chords! :hoe:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

4 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Yes, he means he wants to only come in with fully baked ideas because she might want to keep it and drop it tomorrow (aka delay it for a year then drop it as is :P)

giphy.gif

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

What did boz say about Lana? I missed it

New title, RCS scrapped along with some of the songs she was meant to release. The 3 released singles are still on the album

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

2 minutes ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

New title, RCS scrapped along with some of the songs she was meant to release. The 3 released singles are still on the album

And there is, as of right now, no delay!

"Don’t forget me"

2 hours ago, Cloud Shrouded said:

Does anyone have any new album name theories or wild guesses :lolliney:

„Do you like my selphie now?“ :bored:

well the award for most confusing era officially goes to this one like we’re 3 and half weeks away from the release and we don’t even know the fucking title of the album :dorothy3:

11 minutes ago, NewportBitch said:

Wait I read it as: When Lana is feeling a vibe, I better finish the song right now. Because tomorrow she wont be feeling it anymore (door’s gonna close).

Greenwich Acid Cherry Pie will be great album title ( yes @Greenwich Acid Cherry Pie).

It would be metaphor her life in 2020 and 2021. And references to her past.

My theory:

Acid Cherry- her past isn't good, depression, eating disorders, rehab, toxic mother, accusations of that she isn't real, she has persona, sexism, discrimination, misogynism etc. and things from 2020-21, QFTC, hate, "Karen" era, racism & republicanism accusations, many to writting...

Pie- she is good now, she is stable, she feeling better than ever, she's happy, she has friends, animals, she see the light in tunnel

Greenwich- Meridian 0°, she's clear, she moves experience,emotions and what Lana feels on paper, she has clear conscience, she is ready to move forward wiser, mature and stronger

okay the fact that she scrapped most of the album gives me somehow hopes for a better album, but again, the three singles are still in so i’m worried too. i’m just praying for a Uv-type of situation where she changes everything and completely shocks us with something very very new and different.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

i’m just praying for a Uv-type of situation where she changes everything and completely shocks us with something very very different.

something very very Mike-y :sass:

Whoa Lana changed the title again? This puta...

Anyways, can't wait for Paradise: The Next Chapter on July 4th! 

tenor.gif?itemid=10269447

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven