Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, COCC said:

something very very Mike-y :sass:

well if mike production means an album full of wildflowers then it’s gonna be bad :toofunny:

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

2 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

well if mike production means an album full of wildflowers then it’s gonna be bad :toofunny: epic ?

You keep misspelling bestie :aw:

Spoiler

:sass:

the fact that BOZ said it probably wouldn’t be delayed after all is surprising but amazing !! I can see her dropping a ‘surprise album’ (just digital to begin with) cuz her label knows she’s got a lot of fans who’d buy physicals even after the digital release ! 

I’m really riding the Delulu train right now 

there wasn’t any big fanfare with the singles and I highly doubted we were getting anything, and then they dropped. If we’re less than 3 weeks away and BOZ got fresh tea today that the album isn’t delayed, that’s really good! And if it is delayed, I don’t see it being delayed a super long time 

"Don’t forget me"

40 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

"my new record called ‘a nikki lane country fantasy’ is out july 4th xx" idk i feel some terrible bullshit like this coming our way :bebe:

You’re sick for putting that out there

So, if this BOZ guy ends up being right -which he has, almost religiously, during the past months-, we're getting a whole new Lana album in two weeks?

it just hit me in a sad way that whenever eras get messy like that, and we don't really know what's going on, we start manifesting things we hope for, the main example of which being rock, but also experimental music, catchy upbeat songs, cinematic music using violins, music inspired by a particular decade, etc. and it never gets real. it's just that we have in mind those beautiful songs she used to make - one user recently pointed out how Salvatore is such a great song despite its bad lyrics, because of the melody, voice delivery and atmospheric instrumental - and we keep hoping she's going to come back to something more impactful, but she never does.

my point is, this is the fourth era in a row which is more chaotic than i can take, in terms of delays, changes and lack of transparency, and the chaos she puts us through every era leads us to build up expectations of our dream record, and as time goes by, those expectations are all the more let down as most of us wish for music that would be eventful (whether it be rock, strings, pop music) and the more it goes, the more stripped-down, almost a capella and fAiThFuL tO tHe SoNgS' nAtUrE she goes, which makes for an ever-growing gap between expectation and reality. and considering how much she said she has been doing country lately, and the three singles songs off her alleged revenge album end up being piano ballads, and even the work she does with mike dean consists in piano ballads, i just can't see things getting better, even though god knows she is capable of making honeymoon-level songs.

15 minutes ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

I still don’t get this “no delay” thing. Aren’t they going to release physical copies for the album?

it’s possible the physicals will come out later (like LFL). I’m sure the label knows no matter when physicals come out, fans will buy it 

6 minutes ago, sjatib said:

So, if this BOZ guy ends up being right -which he has, almost religiously, during the past months-, we're getting a whole new Lana album in two weeks?

yes! :crying4: he’s super reliable. If the album is delayed, it’s going to be within the next two and a half weeks and there’s no way he’d be able to predict it 

"Don’t forget me"

i hope when the album's out, we know what it was BoZ couldn't believe she was doing, although that's probably not a thing anymore if there are such big changes, because i have a hard time believing the thing he couldn't believe she was doing was just releasing 3 singles at the same time

Plus she just broke records 3 months ago, it’s not like this is a new album after a prolonged absence, they know how the public and fans react to her. 

Just now, Venice Peach said:

Am I the only one that loved the BB title? It sounds nice and after hearing the song the concept is beautiful. But I'm still excited and curious about the new name cause I have no idea what it could be :gasp:

I like it as a single title, but as an album title it definitely wouldn’t have been my favorite :bebe:

I really liked RCS

The fact that BOZ probably knows the new album name and Lana hasn’t talked to us in like 3 months :crying4:

"Don’t forget me"

13 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

i hope when the album's out, we know what it was BoZ couldn't believe she was doing, although that's probably not a thing anymore if there are such big changes, because i have a hard time believing the thing he couldn't believe she was doing was releasing 3 singles in a row

I think he was referring to the three selfies, but who knows.

21 minutes ago, Future Jazz said:

and we keep hoping she's going to come back to something more impactful, but she never does

She tested the waters with the three singles, saw how we liked Mikes (and that poor other guy we keep forgetting) production and decided to have more of them on the album. We clearly won :oprah3: