Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

I liked your post for the news (thanks for doing the Lord’s work), but not so sure about liking that news :crossed:

I just looked on ATRL and didn’t find that comment. @EndlessSummer can you please link the page he says this

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

she told the fan in Texas (right after announcing RCS) that she was already working on new music! It’s possible she’s using most of those songs now!

it feels surreal we’re potentially about 3 weeks from a new album 

I wonder how he knows this!?

did he hear the new tracks, or was it a song that she didn’t scrap 

Maybe he has seen the cover and back art or something?!?!!

5 minutes ago, EndlessSummer said:

CE2BE113-B667-4D80-8766-10E804A4E692.jpe

Really excited for this❤️

Most of the songs lately have been dedicated to her friends, so I'm fairly certain most of us expected this. 

Edited by theelusivechanteur
Just saw I was clowned, but I'm still right anyway.

...but I've still got jazz, when I've got those blues.

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Maybe he has seen the cover and back art or something?!?!!

I’m guessing he’s seen a not yet posted press release, or some kind of inter scope document detailing album cover, album name, track list, and the July 4th date. 

he gives us news as he gets it so all the tea he spilled today has to be hot

"Don’t forget me"

7 minutes ago, EndlessSummer said:

CE2BE113-B667-4D80-8766-10E804A4E692.jpe

This is going to sound mean but Lana seems to go through friends like a fat kid goes through pies. Dedicating a song to someone who she'll dump sooner or later is...a choice. Either way, if it sounds good then idc :hair:

Spoiler

oh wait was this a joke or...?

:thumb3:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

2 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I’m guessing he’s seen a not yet posted press release, or some kind of inter scope document detailing album cover, album name, track list, and the July 4th date. 

I still can’t fully believe in the July 4 date… but maybe it’s happening after all. Your speculation makes sense! News is on the way :legend::party:

Also fair to note this is the same situation as the trio single release 

about 3 weeks from the release BOZ teased something happening “I can’t believe she’s doing this”

then said “era starts in two weeks” 

and then we got the singles. So it’s possible that internally everything works on a schedule, and the album is on schedule. I think it’s time to start spamming music websites and distributors :thumb2:

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I still can’t fully believe in the July 4 date… but maybe it’s happening after all. Your speculation makes sense! News is on the way :legend::party:

I’m buying the July 4th date for now because BOZ said that so far we might avoid a delay. Not saying it can’t get delayed, but for right now the date still is July 4th and I feel like they’re running out of time to delay it 

Off topic but I also realized I’m going to be camping for 4th of July weekend with absolutely no cell service, so unless the album leaks I can’t listen until like the 6th or 7th

"Don’t forget me"

9 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

nikogo dear :xgiggle: since you always know EVERY info (i love that about you you’re a walking lanapedia:wub:) how soon before the release date did she finish lfl? didn’t she finish change at the last minute before handing the album in? maybe she’ll do the same this time and have the vinyls come out later (my bf’s asking to see if the situation could be comparable to the one we have right now) 

2 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

nikogo dear :xgiggle: since you always know EVERY info (i love that about you you’re a walking lanapedia:wub:) how soon before the release date did she finish lfl? didn’t she finish change at the last minute before handing the album in? maybe she’ll do the same this time and have the vinyls come out later (my bf’s asking to see if the situation could be comparable to the one we have right now) 

I was wondering, since Chemtrails was such a big hit with vinyl sales, if the whole « 90 days before release » rule still applied to her. I know it takes a certain amount of time to press vinyls but let’s speculate it takes, idk, 45 days, maybe she could put her vinyls « first » for pressing since she is a bestseller? 

When the song is actually a cover of Amy Winehouse's version of Valerie :beyonce: I have to say though, having a song dedicated to one of her friends could go one of two ways - it's either gonna be a fan least favorite on the album and will get the BUS treatment, or it'll be the next Living Legend, a song also dedicated to a friend

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I was wondering, since Chemtrails was such a big hit with vinyl sales, if the whole « 90 days before release » rule still applied to her. I know it takes a certain amount of time to press vinyls but let’s speculate it takes, idk, 45 days, maybe she could put her vinyls « first » for pressing since she is a bestseller? 

Well if she puts the vinyl for pre-sale like Taylor did with Evermore I think people would buy them and she could easily hit Chemtrails physical sales. Most people buy online now anyway and people who ordered from her website didn’t mind waiting weeks for the records to be shipped. I don’t think the vinyls are that big of an issue.

I’m more worried about artwork design etc Because even if she decides to use the selfie as cover, they still need to redesign that, add back cover, booklet, etc etc and if she changed name/possibly concept, they have very little time to do that. 

the screenshot is fake guys :rip: but we know she is capable of anything at this point

Just now, Surf Noir said:

we need a song dedicated to niko & topango! :oprah3:

please tex & mex had their moment now it's niko & topanga's turn

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

13 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

she submitted change the night before the album was due, about a week before it came out!

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, mansfield ringer said:

I just wanna say.... im SO happy she changed the title again.. i started warming up to BB but now, i dont have to pretend to like that bitch. 

9SwVDTM.gif

So true, that title is not iconic. Good God here we go.
9SwVDTM.gif

2 minutes ago, Writer In The Dark said:

So true, that title is not iconic. Good God here we go.
9SwVDTM.gif

Manifesting a one word title like Honeymoon and Ultraviolence

9SwVDTM.gif

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

27 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

11 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

she submitted change the night before the album was due, about a week before it came out!

Actually she wrote/recorded Change on June 8th 2017 at around 8 PM and ended up finishing the song on June 9th at 2 AM, which was the day she needed to turn it in! Rick Nowels confirmed this in an interview with Genius that was published in 2017. 

So June 9th 2017 was when she turned in the album, which was about a month-and-a-half before LFL came out, and 3-and-a-half months before the vinyls were released (they came out around September 29th)! :)