Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

38 minutes ago, gatadelrey said:

I hope this album is at least a little longer than chemtrails. 

If we do get an album this summer from her, if it’s very different from Chemtrails, I’d be even down for an EP. of course, a full album would be a dream, but I’d be happy with a cohesive new piece of work, especially if it’s more in major tones than Chemtrails.

The whole announcement is weird.

we know she is shit with dates and yet, why pull out a random date when we are less than 3 months from it? At this point, she must know if it’s possible or not to release on said date.

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

we know she is shit with dates and yet, why pull out a random date when we are less than 3 months from it? At this point, she must know if it’s possible or not to release on said date.

Is it even a thing to release two albums with this little time in between? I can't think of any examples. 

22 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

maybe it's meant to be a second part to chemtrails or at least it'll make sense why they're separate when we hear it but it would be a good project to listen to together? i'm hoping it's very much the opposite from chemtrails just for that reason. like for me chemtrails picked up where NFR left off it feels like and hopefully this'll feel totally different

It would be a really cool concept if it was a continuation of chemtrails. Chemtrails talked a lot about her past as Lizzy grant, and the new record can possibly talk about her unfair scrutiny she received as Lana Del Rey. It would be a great concept if it’s executed correctly. It would need to have a different sound from chemtrails as well

It’s being released on a Tuesday because it’s Marilyns birthday and this album will be a return to her roots as the daughter of Marilyn and Elvis. Let’s celebrate that!

8 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

she didnt say which year d36a2240-f42d-0133-f185-0aacbc4f5d01.gif

UV/Honeymoon

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

That’s the thing - we’re less than 90 days away and that’s how long it allegedly is between vinyl production and release day. Surely if June 1st is indeed happening, then the album has already started being pressed to vinyl. It’s possible that she coordinated things ahead of time with the same vinyl plant she took Chemtrails to, since she knew at that point that another album was on its way (per her tweet on November 17th 2020) but it’s so up in the air right now. Oh well, LOL! Time will tell!

21 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Since we know this album has been in the works since at least ~late spring/summer 2020, I feel like we can kind of speculate the sound based on what Lana was doing.

I remember her listening to a lot of the artists she brought as guests on the NFR tour, and that obviously informed the Midwestern feel of Chemtrails. Of course, the Joni references on the album came from her covering For Free on tour and her just being a fan in general. 

Knowing that Dealer is a “screamer”, I remember in August 2020 she posted to her IG stories a video of her listening to “Dazed and Confused” by Led Zeppelin in her car. That video was actually taken in early July of 2020 (based on her lash extensions/nails/hairstyle) so I wonder if that was when she started actively working on this record, as we know she had finished Chemtrails that summer anyways.  

I think we may be getting an album with lots of electric guitar and classic country-rock elements. When I first heard Lana’s description of Dealer I actually thought of that video she posted of her listening to Dazed and Confused by Led Zeppelin! I would love a guitar-driven album with lots of cool riffs and looser, twangier vocals

Maybe the “louder” songs resembling Dazed and Confused and the “softer” songs being like Stairway to Heaven, Tangerine, or Going to California by Led Zeppelin? All with a really sultry, bluesy output in the vein of Bobbie Gentry - who Lana mentioned as an inspiration to Music Week this month.

excited! 

Very on point insight as always! I hope you're right queen, it would be a dream :angie:

Lanarat.png

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

That’s the thing - we’re less than 90 days away and that’s how long it allegedly is between vinyl production and release day. Surely if June 1st is indeed happening, then the album has already started being pressed to vinyl. It’s possible that she coordinated things ahead of time with the same vinyl plant she took Chemtrails to, since she knew at that point that another album was on its way (per her tweet on November 17th 2020) but it’s so up in the air right now. Oh well, LOL! Time will tell!

precisely. which gets me thinking that at least some of this might've been pre-mediated. OR. this'll be a supp/ sister album to chemtrails, and revenge'll be something else. tho the title seems a lot more fresh n akin to revenge rock candy rough surface, revenge is sweet. so it just makes u think. she was wearing that one necklace from before when she was probably thinking about the tracklist so we'll just have to see. 

we need more confirmation

UV/Honeymoon

5 minutes ago, Venice said:

Is it even a thing to release two albums with this little time in between? I can't think of any examples. 

I think Ariana Grande released two albums within six months of each other, right?

If Chemtrails didn’t have any vinyl delays and she knew right off the bat that Dealer would be saved for the next album, then it would have come out in September, and then she would have naturally continued this process of making Rock Candy Sweet in time for its alleged June release, leaving a nice 9 months between them - so I guess the less-than-3 month difference between COTCC and RCS is somewhat justified in that things with COTCC just didn’t align with the original plan? 

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

I think Ariana Grande released two albums within six months of each other, right?

If Chemtrails didn’t have any vinyl delays and she knew right off the bat that Dealer would be saved for the next album, then it would have come out in September, and then she would have naturally continued this process of making Rock Candy Sweet in time for its alleged June release, leaving a nice 9 months between them - so I guess the less-than-3 month difference between COTCC and RCS is somewhat justified in that things with COTCC just didn’t align with the original plan? 

Oooh I didn't even think of that, that makes so much more sense! Yeah, I see what you mean now. Omg I hope then that it truly is finished and right around the corner :icant:

2 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

Very on point insight as always! I hope you're right queen, it would be a dream :angie:

Aw, thanks! I hope so too, I would love that! :kiss:

Just now, Dragon said:

precisely. which gets me thinking that at least some of this might've been pre-mediated. OR. this'll be a supp/ sister album to chemtrails, and revenge'll be something else. tho the title seems a lot more fresh n akin to revenge rock candy rough surface, revenge is sweet. so it just makes u think 

I think you’re right about it being pre-meditated. To us, it feels super fast but Lana works very quickly and had recorded her vocals/written all the songs that ended up on Chemtrails by February 2020. A whole year passed between that and the album’s release, and we know she’s always writing, so it totally makes sense that she has had content for this record as early as the beginning of the pandemic. Plus, Dealer being a song done with Zach before July 2020 leads me to believe that other songs were born out of those sessions, as well as alongside the cover albums she did with him. I think the majority of Chemtrails was done in a 6-7 month-span in 2019, so she totally could have done a whole album over the last 12 months! 

1 minute ago, Venice said:

Oooh I didn't even think of that, that makes so much more sense! Yeah, I see what you mean now. Omg I hope then that it truly is finished and right around the corner :icant:

Me too! :oprah:

26 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Since we know this album has been in the works since at least ~late spring/summer 2020, I feel like we can kind of speculate the sound based on what Lana was doing.

I remember her listening to a lot of the artists she brought as guests on the NFR tour, and that obviously informed the Midwestern feel of Chemtrails. Of course, the Joni references on the album came from her covering For Free on tour and her just being a fan in general. 

Knowing that Dealer is a “screamer”, I remember in August 2020 she posted to her IG stories a video of her listening to “Dazed and Confused” by Led Zeppelin in her car. That video was actually taken in early July of 2020 (based on her lash extensions/nails/hairstyle) so I wonder if that was when she started actively working on this record, as we know she had finished Chemtrails that summer anyways.  

I think we may be getting an album with lots of electric guitar and classic country-rock elements. When I first heard Lana’s description of Dealer I actually thought of that video she posted of her listening to Dazed and Confused by Led Zeppelin! I would love a guitar-driven album with lots of cool riffs and looser, twangier vocals. 

Maybe the “louder” songs resembling Dazed and Confused and the “softer” songs being like Stairway to Heaven, Tangerine, or Going to California by Led Zeppelin? All with a really sultry, bluesy output in the vein of Bobbie Gentry - who Lana mentioned as an inspiration to Music Week this month.

excited! 

tumblr_ncd16wotkL1tlfd12o1_500.gif

So Zach Dawes produced album incoming :omg: girl, you’re making me believe

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

Aw, thanks! I hope so too, I would love that! :kiss:

I think you’re right about it being pre-meditated. To us, it feels super fast but Lana works very quickly and had recorded her vocals/written all the songs that ended up on Chemtrails by February 2020. A whole year passed between that and the album’s release, and we know she’s always writing, so it totally makes sense that she has had content for this record as early as the beginning of the pandemic. Plus, Dealer being a song done with Zach before July 2020 leads me to believe that other songs were born out of those sessions, as well as alongside the cover albums she did with him. I think the majority of Chemtrails was done in a 6-7 month-span in 2019, so she totally could have done a whole album over the last 12 months! 

I really love your enthusiasm and you make many valid points. But Sept 5 isn’t that far away in my mind and until further confirmation, I will refrain from rejoicing. I was so sure of Sept 5. 

Just now, lamms said:

tumblr_ncd16wotkL1tlfd12o1_500.gif

So Zach Dawes produced album incoming :omg: girl, you’re making me believe

So much to believe in, call me Cher  :gurl:

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

I really love your enthusiasm and you make many valid points. But Sept 5 isn’t that far away in my mind and until further confirmation, I will refrain from rejoicing. I was so sure of Sept 5. 

Same - even though I do try to look forward to a date, I am hyper-aware of the fact that there is totally a chance it won’t be happening :hide: but I do think my points are valid enough to at least try and rationalize what Lana’s process could be! LOL September 5th really was our Judgement Day

3 minutes ago, Venice said:

Okay well even if RCS gets SADLY delayed somehow, there is still that second poetry audio/book I'm thirsting for :creep: 

And Chemtrails! It just came out and I know there are so many layers to it that I have yet to unravel - I’m totally not in need of yet another album, especially when we just got a GORGEOUS one :wowcry: