Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I was listening to an insta live in the studio from before NFR and she sung a bit of the demo after singing the song. This might be common knowledge but I just realised that the bridge of Bird World (NFR demo) sounds the exact same as the begining of DBJAG's chorus:

You keep changing all the time
You're changing your goddamn mind
You know you like to shine
But I don't have a clue

It's at 8:20

It makes me really want another producer on RCS because there's just so many outtakes on COCC...

11 minutes ago, ItsaWhale89 said:

I was listening to an insta live in the studio from before NFR and she sung a bit of the demo after singing the song. This might be common knowledge but I just realised that the bridge of Bird World (NFR demo) sounds the exact same as the begining of DBJAG's chorus:

You keep changing all the time
You're changing your goddamn mind
You know you like to shine
But I don't have a clue

It makes me really want another producer on RCS because there's just so many outtakes on COCC...

the fact that she did an intimate little live stream concert and STILL used backing vocals :thumb2::thumb2:

She’s the same woman who apparently made over 100 demos for LFL, it doesn’t really bug me when she reuses melodies, and we have no idea how much of her stuff has been recycled (we would never have known Bird World’s melody was recycled if she hadn’t sang it live for us). 

but I do agree either way that I’m manifesting Zach very hard :illumilana:

"Don’t forget me"

57 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

She better move fast Billie is coming

Bah I don’t think she ever could be Big competition against Billie (I don’t hate Billie, but her new songs really don’t impress me). 

3 hours ago, bel air rose said:

wait i have something delusional and important to say... 

remember when lana did her denny’s livestream and was talking about the delay times and when we added it up we thought that the record wouldn’t be out until june or july? maybe she was getting chemtrails and rcs confused and that’s why her entire explanation made no sense :dua:

That’s why I was super surprised when we found out the titles on Shazam and when she posted the announcement for preorder in late December... Imagine if that happened : We still wouldn’t have heard Chemtrails by now :O

Anyways, can she just post something at least? Although a snippet or even a single never ate indications of anything with her :toofloppy:

23 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

That’s why I was super surprised when we found out the titles on Shazam and when she posted the announcement for preorder in late December... Imagine if that happened : We still wouldn’t have heard Chemtrails by now :O

Anyways, can she just post something at least? Although a snippet or even a single never ate indications of anything with her :toofloppy:

A sniper at least could give us something to talk about. And it would give us an idea of the sound and theme.

She need to stop playing games or at least change to a new one. We're getting tired of the random announcements followed by complete silence and delays

I would just like even 10 seconds of blue banisters, with a release date announcement (like when she randomly posted “two end of summer singles out next week” and then posted MAC. Iconic.)

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, Nikogo said:

She’s the same woman who apparently made over 100 demos for LFL, it doesn’t really bug me when she reuses melodies, and we have no idea how much of her stuff has been recycled (we would never have known Bird World’s melody was recycled if she hadn’t sang it live for us).

Some of my favourite Lana songs are reworked from scrapped melodies. I only have a problem with this because it's happened so much on this album. Potentially 6/11 songs on COCC are covers or recycled in some way which makes it feel like she's not really growing and changing as an artist.

It kind of makes me hopeful for RCS though because she might have had more time during covid and post-qftc to think up something new.

44 minutes ago, ItsaWhale89 said:

Some of my favourite Lana songs are reworked from scrapped melodies. I only have a problem with this because it's happened so much on this album. Potentially 6/11 songs on COCC are covers or recycled in some way which makes it feel like she's not really growing and changing as an artist.

It kind of makes me hopeful for RCS though because she might have had more time during covid and post-qftc to think up something new.

The only big reuses was the melodies on WAH, and DBJAG being part of Bird World. 

even if the rumors are true that NAWWAL was for NFR, LMLYLAW was for UV, and knowing Yosemite was for LFL, I don’t feel like the album was over recycled. They’re good melodies and I’m glad they found a place

I’m sure working with Zach inspired her and got some really good revenge songs out of her 

"Don’t forget me"

I don’t think RCS is gonna come out this year. :awkney:

Too many of Lana’s “competitors” are slated to release. No way will Interscope let Billie carry out her new era and Lana release at the same time. 

Let’s pray for that digital-only covers album or Behind the Iron Gates 

Me manifesting a chaotic album:

Expectation - Psychedelic rock, taboo subjects, you thought that I was rich and I am energy

Reality - Chaotic roll out, doubtful dates and complete silence

I don't think this is going to be it at all, but it'd be so interesting if she did a Marilyn sort of thing with this album aesthetic since it's supposedly releasing on her birthday. She mentioned last year (in the Instagram post from Hell) that she wanted to go back to her old lyrics and aesthetics, and her returning to the Marilyn Monroe look and vibe would be stunning. Kind of like the intro to the National Anthem music video, but drawn out 

imageproxy.jpg

"hiiiiip hop in the suuuummmmmmer dont b a bummer babe b mah undercover babe mm" white lines n black beaches n vlood red sangrias we travel for weeks just to escape ur demons ur makin me crazy tell me i need this white lines n black beeeaaach eeeeeeszss vibes. 

we need more of those vibes. 2ljTUpT.jpg

UV/Honeymoon

20 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I don't think this is going to be it at all, but it'd be so interesting if she did a Marilyn sort of thing with this album aesthetic since it's supposedly releasing on her birthday. She mentioned last year (in the Instagram post from Hell) that she wanted to go back to her old lyrics and aesthetics, and her returning to the Marilyn Monroe look and vibe would be stunning. Kind of like the intro to the National Anthem music video, but drawn out 

Don't get my hopes up like this :angie: 

UbsOye5.png