Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

what if the shocking unexpected thing is that shes covering WAP and recreating the mv:oprah: her every album has one cover on it

she wont go that low:gasp:

So here's a question for you guys. Would you rather have Lana or the people she works with actually give you all the details that you want about BB and risk possibly over-hyping the album or would you rather everyone be low-key about the details and find out for yourself when it's released? Either way could be good or bad. All I know is that I had known that she was working with Jack again on COCC and I was hyped because I truly loved NFR but was so let down by it so I guess for me, I just want to know that she's trying something new and leave it at that. 

I will add that some of the most prolific artists of previous decades have released albums almost on a yearly basis. That's not something that happens anymore, but back in the 60s and 70s, albums were coming out a lot more often than every few years. The music industry changed over the years and publishers started to milk single album releases much more which pushed full releases further apart. 

Look at releases from Fleetwood Mac, Cher and Linda Ronstadt in the 70s; full albums came out every single year. Even Madonna's first 2 albums came out a year apart, but then you start to see the change as her releases started to spread themselves further apart. 

My whole point is, Lana releasing albums as often as she has recently is a nice harkening back to album releases of yesteryear and I'm all here for it !!

We're getting fed ??

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

15 minutes ago, TrueLoveOnTheSide said:

So here's a question for you guys. Would you rather have Lana or the people she works with actually give you all the details that you want about BB and risk possibly over-hyping the album or would you rather everyone be low-key about the details and find out for yourself when it's released?

me personally, I don’t care if we get all the details, but some details would be nice. We’ve been teased two albums with two different release dates and nothing concrete at all (other than knowing BB has a video). I think a simple “hey, we’re in the process of doing [x], details aren’t completely worked out yet but we should have the album ready for you guys around [y]. I don’t necessarily want the whole rollout plan, but instead of saying “album out June 1st/July 4th” say “hope to have the album out this summer”.  It’s vague and it wouldn’t cause us to get stuck on a certain date. 

6 minutes ago, Yosemite said:

It’s definitely this tbh.

Even Eclipse stated that- when she announces dates it’s not bc she’s just blatantly lying, she really does want stuff out on those dates but then setbacks happen and plans change. Even though Chemtrails was set to be released in September, I bet the label wanted to put out these 300 vinyl variants (they’ve been doing this w/ a lot of other artists), and then the mastering/her deciding the tracklist took too long, vinyl production wouldn’t be able to pull off the date she wanted and that’s why Chemtrails was only released 6 months after said date. If the pandemic hadn’t happen, even though I still don’t think she’d pull off the September date, I bet Chemtrails would be out in 2020 still, probably like mid to late October.

With BB, I doubt they want a shitload of variants tbh. And I can see the album coming out like early to mid September (or even late August).

yes to all of this!! I’m sure it was a very mixed bag of Lana not know what exactly she wanted to do, and the label having their say in how things would go. When she did the book signing in October she was still unsure of the track list and how the album would go. She figured it out sometime in October, submitted the album late October (because she did the livestream early November announcing the delay) and already had work on BB started (since she shot the video mid November). I also think the album will be out around September/October (both because she already seems to have a lot done and she seems more interested in the album overall) but I do think there will still be a good number of variants. COTCC broke records and the label is going to bank on that however much they can

"Don’t forget me"

38 minutes ago, TrueLoveOnTheSide said:

So here's a question for you guys. Would you rather have Lana or the people she works with actually give you all the details that you want about BB and risk possibly over-hyping the album or would you rather everyone be low-key about the details and find out for yourself when it's released? Either way could be good or bad. All I know is that I had known that she was working with Jack again on COCC and I was hyped because I truly loved NFR but was so let down by it so I guess for me, I just want to know that she's trying something new and leave it at that. 

I care about:

- Release date 

- Tracklist

- Producer

- Concept

I hate being left in the blind waiting for things to happen 

15 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

me personally, I don’t care if we get all the details, but some details would be nice. We’ve been teased two albums with two different release dates and nothing concrete at all (other than knowing BB has a video). I think a simple “hey, we’re in the process of doing [x], details aren’t completely worked out yet but we should have the album ready for you guys around [y]. I don’t necessarily want the whole rollout plan, but instead of saying “album out June 1st/July 4th” say “hope to have the album out this summer”.  It’s vague and it wouldn’t cause us to get stuck on a certain date. 

yes to all of this!! I’m sure it was a very mixed bag of Lana not know what exactly she wanted to do, and the label having their say in how things would go. When she did the book signing in October she was still unsure of the track list and how the album would go. She figured it out sometime in October, submitted the album late October (because she did the livestream early November announcing the delay) and already had work on BB started (since she shot the video mid November). I also think the album will be out around September/October (both because she already seems to have a lot done and she seems more interested in the album overall) but I do think there will still be a good number of variants. COTCC broke records and the label is going to bank on that however much they can

She aint releasing any more albums this year.

mark my words. She'll release a few songs and keep delaying and delaying until she actually has a record made. 

announcing a new album is a pr stunt for her.

9 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

I care about:

- Release date 

- Tracklist

- Producer

- Concept

I hate being left in the blind waiting for things to happen 

This is a very good point! Though, we know Lana is fickle with her concepts. Based on the LFL trailer we got, I was under the impression it would've been a more witchy or darker aesthetic. She definitely needs to communicate more but I think she has an obsession with doing everything on her terms which often leaves her fans in the dark until her label forces her to do otherwise.

After checking this Colin guy videography and with Mike being the producer... She is going to serve.

With COCC she was very open about the videos, she posted about both before filming them. On the other hand she had a MV filmed in November that we still don't know if it was meant for another song or with BB in mind (I'm thinking the latter cause why would she scrap a MV for no reason)

giphy.gif

Lana can be messy, and that might come across as unprofessional sometimes, it's true. But there's no denying she's hardworking.

She's always working on new projects, and that might be the reason behind her "laziness". While there might be a gap between an album and another, she always starts working on a different project, as soon as she finishes the other, or sometimes even works on both (or more) projects at the same time. Hence, the disconnection and why she moves onto the new era, without even finishing it, so quickly. 

It's understandable, and at the same time confusing for the fans. I get that.

It can be frustrating, yeah. I get frustrated too, after all we're spoiled little brats. But if we have that many material, it's because she never stops working. Her 200+ catalogue of unreleased songs, plus 7 (official) albums in only 10 years should give that away easily.

What makes me happy, is to know she's talented, so I don't have to worry if I can't connect with her future projects as much as I did with her past. I know there will be at least one song I'll love, or perhaps her visuals... or even her vision of the project. 

Just because we don't get to witness it too often, it doesn't mean she's not passionate anymore :creep:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

16 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Colin Tilley followed Lana back, as well as Alex (her dancer/close friend). Maybe they did film a video and Alex is in it too, then?

Legend of investigation. :ma:

giphy.gif

31 minutes ago, barttttender said:

She aint releasing any more albums this year.

mark my words. She'll release a few songs and keep delaying and delaying until she actually has a record made. 

announcing a new album is a pr stunt for her.

maybe I’m a dreamer but I don’t see her teasing a lead single video and not release the album it belongs to in over 8 months :sluttybunny:

When the fan congratulated her on the new album (assuming COTCC) she said “thanks I can’t wait for you to hear it” 

I would think the album is done enough there isn’t going to be an 8 month delay 

"Don’t forget me"

Even if the rollout of an album or project is messy, I know Lana put a lot of heart and time into creating her albums etc

i would rather have an album envisioned, written, worked on first handily by an artist like Lana with a rocky promo rollout than something artificial and solely for the money from an artist that has a promo intense rollout 

we literally are fed almost every year, she’s all about the music and art, the rest (videos, promo, etc) comes second

she’s got another album coming out this year AND confirmed she’s working with mike dean currently MAYBE for another project. She doesn’t stop!

But love the drama y’all keep it going :dmd:

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...