Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I was reading the replies of Anthony Fantano's tweet asking for fans to post questions to ask Mike Dean, and what I've gathered from a lot of the questions is:

-  Mike Dean often works on his music when he's under the influence of marijuana. 

-  The electric guitars we hear on his songs are actually auto-tuned (which is really, really cool). 

Knowing that Lana has often implemented psychedelic elements into her music makes me wonder if his production with her will also be trippy or "far-out" in that sense. His work with other artists and his solo work definitely has that touch of psychedelia, even within a more hip-hop-esque sound, but since Lana's brand has consistently been rooted in the 60s/70s, I could see him fully leaning into a more electric-guitar-heavy soundscape. Psychedelic rock was obviously born from/popularized by musicians who often were under the influence of psychedelics, so all of these things considered, I would love if Lana and Mike leaned all the way into that summery, late 60s sound, but with a touch of something more contemporary. 

I think there's a lot of room for passion within that sound in general, and since Lana has implied this album will have a bit of an angry edge to it, I can envision songs that are both lighter/happier in nature and angrier/rawer in nature still being cohesive within that genre.

do we even know if mike worked on this particular album or if he worked on a completely separate thing all together? like what... is telling us it's this album?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

5 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

it's interesting bc gogo dancer is also on shazam so like.... it's such a random song, i think we got lucky last era. idk if shazam will leak the tracklist this time

it's on shazam if you play it for the app, but not if you change numbers like people are doing

Now, that’s a song I’d like to see released 
tenor.gif 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

1 hour ago, IanadeIrey said:

I was reading the replies of Anthony Fantano's tweet asking for fans to post questions to ask Mike Dean, and what I've gathered from a lot of the questions is:

-  Mike Dean often works on his music when he's under the influence of marijuana. 

-  The electric guitars we hear on his songs are actually auto-tuned (which is really, really cool). 

Knowing that Lana has often implemented psychedelic elements into her music makes me wonder if his production with her will also be trippy or "far-out" in that sense. His work with other artists and his solo work definitely has that touch of psychedelia, even within a more hip-hop-esque sound, but since Lana's brand has consistently been rooted in the 60s/70s, I could see him fully leaning into a more electric-guitar-heavy soundscape. Psychedelic rock was obviously born from/popularized by musicians who often were under the influence of psychedelics, so all of these things considered, I would love if Lana and Mike leaned all the way into that summery, late 60s sound, but with a touch of something more contemporary. 

I think there's a lot of room for passion within that sound in general, and since Lana has implied this album will have a bit of an angry edge to it, I can envision songs that are both lighter/happier in nature and angrier/rawer in nature still being cohesive within that genre.

I would love that direction :trisha: I just want an element that will really spice up the sound of the album and differentiate it from the rest of her discography :trisha:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

I'm not sure how I feel about this album yet, I haven't been keeping up as much because I can't see this album coming anytime soon based off her track record so its hard to build up hype this early on :creep: I don't really trust the insiders this time around cause most of the time its misleading :coffee: But based off of Mikes involvement I think were in for something a lot more exciting.. which is so refreshing :hawt:

I haven't listened to the snippet yet, abstinence children :mj:, no point in listening to a part of a song that won't come for another 6-8 months at tops :tommy:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

7 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

I feel like spamming Fantano with questions for Mike about Lana but suddenly my mind's blank and I don't know what I want to know anymore. :derpna2:

I really want to know:

How much he is involved in the album, how much of the album is finished, and the genres/themes

We've got a week until the interview so there's plenty of time to think of questions :agree:

3 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

do we even know if mike worked on this particular album or if he worked on a completely separate thing all together? like what... is telling us it's this album?

The only indication we have is him sharing the « cover » of BB when she announced it and liking the post. Other than that, it’s speculation 

23 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

please daddy mike, evoke the old Lana:pray2:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGVeiF_pJM-/

MANIFESTING IT WITH YA :legend::legend:

I was thinking why French Restaurant is sooo much better than all Jack's piano flops even if that song IS a piano one!  Say whaaaaa :oh:

1. Piano sounds much deeper and with little echo (I don't know how it is called)

2. There are many layers of Lana voice and background ones - The whispery ones really does the job!

3. There are of course STRINGS which can evolve any piano flop to the next level!

4. There is some consistency lyrically-wise and mellody-wise 

:oprah3:

So if Lana wanna do some piano songs, better she looks at that oldie song of hers - also manifesting it!!! :legend:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9525104eb9fe0669c44f

2 hours ago, Clampigirl said:

I feel like spamming Fantano with questions for Mike about Lana but suddenly my mind's blank and I don't know what I want to know anymore. :derpna2:

I bet he is going to ignore most of the Lana-related questions :awkney:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

8 hours ago, LanaTheRay said:

Bombard him w Lana questions lol

Can anyone ask about a Madonna x Lana collab? I don't want the two together, but if it's happening I want to be prepared 

8 hours ago, LanaTheRay said:

Bombard him w Lana questions lol

Don’t mention Lana he probs won’t ask those questions, ask about his Synth albums and if that style of production is going to be used in future collaborative work, maybe he’ll spill abt Lana 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

OsecaW7.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺