Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

24 minutes ago, hashtagtylerh said:

Listening to all her discography and wanting to see where Lana goes next and accepting her growth as an artist instead of hoping for her to go back to a style from a past era :)

quote me next time you have something to say to me! ????

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

47 minutes ago, hashtagtylerh said:

Listening to all her discography and wanting to see where Lana goes next and accepting her growth as an artist instead of hoping for her to go back to a style from a past era :)

100%. A lot of these fantasies about what direction she should go into are just unrealistic & reductive, imo. I see so many posts in the vein of "i want a summery psychedelic ocean surf rock hazy psychedelic Shades of Cool meets The Blackest Day with Florida Kilos and Venice Bitch energy and breathtaking layered harmonised vocals". Like...:whoopi:

First, those people are just setting up wild expectations for themselves and are bound to be disappointed when she does something totally different. :oprah3:

Second, Lana's best records (UV and HM) were both fresh and different from what she did before. You could not sit there in 2012 and predict how UV would sound based on her existing records. :dua:

Anyway I'm hopeful for BB exactly for this reason: the fact that BOZ said it was unexpected. It might turn out even better than some reductive 'West Coast 2.0' fantasy :shh:

i feel like it's less people wanting her to recreate things she's already made and more wanting her to make something they love just as much :oprah3:

also she's literally explored most genres. someone will always complain about her regressing and someone will always be excited because it's similar, maybe still different in a million ways, to their favorite lana song or record... girls can want what they want!

sUcVobB.png

Personally, I don't want Lana to recreate or think there's a need for her to recreate any of her previous work. And I think most of us feel that way. However, I think there's aspects of her previous work that I would absolutely love a comeback on for this upcoming album. Whether it's certain vocal stylings or the heavy guitars or even lyrics, I think there's a lot she can draw reference to if she wanted to. At the same time, I'm excited to see the new things she comes up with for BB. Lana is an artist who never does the same thing twice. So, obviously, people are gonna have an album they're a huge fan of and an album they aren't simply based on the genre she explored for that album. It's totally fine for people to prefer her older work to her newer work and vice versa. Everyone's taste is different. :heart:

Sorry for the rant, it was just on my mind with things that have been discussed today and I wanted to share since it somewhat has to do with the album. 

imageproxy.jpg

Nobody wants her to “recreate” anything, some people are hoping for music which gives us the same feeling a previous song might have given us. 

if wanting music that inspires strong feelings and excitement again is “reductive” then I guess I’m guilty lol 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

4 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Nobody wants her to “recreate” anything, some people are hoping for music which gives us the same feeling a previous song might have given us. 

if wanting music that inspires strong feelings and excitement again is “reductive” then I guess I’m guilty lol 

yes exactly! there’s nothing wrong with wanting her to release songs that make us feel the way we did the first time we heard west coast or carmen or cola (etc.)

I’m just so confused by what the insider said. First they said the song is like Yosemite and it’s stripped back. Then they said “I can’t believe she’s doing this” and it’s nothing like what we’re expecting it to be. 

If Lana is really putting an unreleased song on the album, it better be Tired of Singing the Blues ohwell@2x.gif 

That song is IDEAL for her revenge :smokes3:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

E0PJ2joWYAUvvT-?format=jpg&name=900x900

this is the official cover idc what anyone says. This is the one I will use in my library UNLESS the actual cover tops even LFL/NFR covers. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

the way people can't even appreciate her past work without being dragged to filth 

and if they want hawaiian desert psychedelic motorola pick up truck heaven then let them :whatever2: 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

2 hours ago, anwdelrey said:

I’m just so confused by what the insider said. First they said the song is like Yosemite and it’s stripped back. Then they said “I can’t believe she’s doing this” and it’s nothing like what we’re expecting it to be. 

even though blue bannisters can be the title track of the album, it is not necessary that the track defines the sound of the record. and the ''plot twist'' that he reacts saying  ''i can't believe shes doing this'' could be in the execution of the album not in the sound of the tracks

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*