Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Just now, Lustformoney said:

its Rock candy sweet and rock candy sweet is just a lyric:ma:

Oh... so you’re saying “rock candy sweet” is a lyric line in a song called loved you then? I’ve completely missed that we knew the title of the song! :O

Just now, Writer In The Dark said:

"Loved You Then and Now" appeared on the original COCC tracklist as track 8. Later an insider confirmed it wasn't written for COCC and it contains the "Rock Candy Sweet" lyric. 

Oop, I don’t remember this at all! Thanks! :D

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

i still wanna know why she hates graphic designers. and photographers. and decent management.

who hurt you, ms. grant? it's ok, you can tell me :oprah3:

It’s funny to remember how upset I was with the single cover for MAC, how I felt that such a great song deserved a better cover, and that I’m almost indifferent to it now. Lana picking selfies as single covers is like a new tradition now, I know it’s gonna happen so I don’t have the energy to complain about it anymore lol. :ma:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

What if the tracklist shared by Eclipse was a very early draft and Loved You Then And Now was retitled to Dealer, not the other way around?

It adds up to the "rock candy sweet" line. It's about cocaine y'all crackhead era revival

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

I'm still very intrigued and wanting to know what BOZ meant by just the beginning and I can't believe she is doing this.

There was a theory I believe I saw on twitter where it said she would release songs in threes up until album release.

Do I believe that, not really. It is an interesting concept though. I don't think it's traditional to release a full album before the "release".

I guess we will just have to wait and see. I def think the lack of speaking/promo is a conscious choice.

The theory that it's kind of a fuck you to the media would make sense, in a sense.

We all know how headstrong she is!

In regards to the label/mgmt caring or not, as others have stated they have other big acts that are the pop push artists.

I feel like Lana is just kind of an auto pilot artist for them. They know she is consistent and has a very strong following.

They know no matter what she puts out it will be successful. She doesn't have to do much to make them and herself money.

Are there probably conversations about her doing more, most likely. Again though, she is very stubborn.

I can maybe see them being used to this and just kind of picking their battles lol!

As far as the new songs, I have had them a cple days and I can say they are all three so meaningful and beautiful. 

They evoke so much more feeling then a lot of her recent tracks and I am so fucking excited.

I think it is funny how WW was the one hyped up most but the other two are def standouts to me.

I'm leaning towards BB being my favorite but it does go back and forth between it and TB.

There is just something super special about BB though, it really hits. It is just so heartbreaking and hopeful at the same time.

1 hour ago, Clampigirl said:

It’s funny to remember how upset I was with the single cover for MAC, how I felt that such a great song deserved a better cover, and that I’m almost indifferent to it now. Lana picking selfies as single covers is like a new tradition now, I know it’s gonna happen so I don’t have the energy to complain about it anymore lol. :ma:

Yeah I've kind of been thinking this that the single covers are irrelevant asf, but I'm almost positive at this point that it will be the album cover too. I mean, she literally hasn't done a photoshoot in months. I was sure her label would stop her from using it at all, but clearly she pushed for it and I could see her pushing for it to be the album cover. fingers crossed she pulls through with a serve but I'm not expecting it by any means

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

9 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

i think this would be the perfect album to release on her birthday if she's telling her story

and it's my birthday too!! perfect gift

im just thinking why is interscope allowing her to release an album like that? Fans either love it or hate it. Locals listened once and moved on. Or didnt even listen at all. I thought after Cocc tanking harder than honeymoon they would make her record something more upbeat and gp friendly but its the opposite:eartha2: the selfie cover will be the nail to the coffin. I guess there will be 100 vinyl variants this time

1 hour ago, Writer In The Dark said:

We got 3 personal songs, now we need a summer bop for the gays/girls :flutter:

Maybe that bop will be her Bleachers collab (if she is doing more than back vocals)?

no matter what song it could be, this era could benefit from a summer bop à la Doin Time or High By The Beach. 

3 hours ago, Red Dress said:

I really love your comments and insights and generous optimism on here...just thought I'd let you know. Mwah! x

Thank youu that's so sweet! :kiss:

i still maybe think she had a photoshoot in the moment of this selfie
Imagem
and honestly i wouldn't complain at all, the place looks beautiful, brings me back to paradise photoshoot vibes

I am so ready for the album cover.

C'mon Lana!!! Reveal the cover, uncover the merchandise + bundle AND TAKE MY MONEY. I AM READY TO BE BROKE.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, Writer In The Dark said:

"Loved You Then and Now" appeared on the original COCC tracklist as track 8. Later an insider confirmed it wasn't written for COCC just like "Yosemite" and it contains the "Rock Candy Sweet" lyric. 

Wait i thought it was "Dealer"

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

wait, if Rcs/Loved u then wasnt written for Cocc then maybe its not a jack flopAll the Times Oprah Winfrey Went Viral - Meme Gif Birthday Show shes coming for the honest, controversial songs so maybe she took something from Uv era outtakes:raven:

I think it's similar to Dealer as in it didn't really fit into Chemtrails so that's why it didn't make the cut. I'm curious about when was it written. Maybe for the LFL sessions where she wrote a lot of concept songs and demos.

5 minutes ago, not all who wander r lost said:

bringing this back...

Hide contents

ETPj0cvXsAE2nrD.jpg

so do we still think these are poems or possible songs from this record?

Idk why but I've always thought they were just poems... maybe we'll found out when she releases the tracklist or the next book 

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

im just thinking why is interscope allowing her to release an album like that? Fans either love it or hate it. Locals listened once and moved on. Or didnt even listen at all. I thought after Cocc tanking harder than honeymoon they would make her record something more upbeat and gp friendly but its the opposite:eartha2: the selfie cover will be the nail to the coffin. I guess there will be 100 vinyl variants this time

After ten years in the music business, I‘m pretty sure she had the opportunity to change her contract at least once and to gain more freedom in terms of the musical direction she wants to go and the amount of promo duties (interviews, tv, radio, photoshootings etc) she wants to have. At least thats how it usually works :oprah3:

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

COCC didn't really tank though? it was exactly what they expected as far as i'm aware. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

53 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

i still maybe think she had a photoshoot in the moment of this selfie
Imagem
and honestly i wouldn't complain at all, the place looks beautiful, brings me back to paradise photoshoot vibes

The way this selphie makes my heart flutter hard every time it shows up… it’s too powerful :delicious:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????