Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

8 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

u'd think a triple released would leave us with some kind of underwhelm for at least one of the tracks but. on the contrary. ON THE CONTRARY yR4GxZ2.gif

Yo, this is the tea. BB is like the final form of what she was going for on Cocc, and is so gorgeous and personal, TB had a chorus that just, it slaps. It's so catchy it hurts. Do you know how odd it is to have a line like "There we were, screaming black lives matter" stuck in your head all day??? Modern masterpiece. WW is an odyssey. I don't have much to say on it. It's wild, I find myself really vanishing into that one, just sinking far into the lyrics. An opus incoming. Again. She's relentless

3 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

Yo, this is the tea. BB is like the final form of what she was going for on Cocc, and is so gorgeous and personal, TB had a chorus that just, it slaps. It's so catchy it hurts. Do you know how odd it is to have a line like "There we were, screaming black lives matter" stuck in your head all day??? Modern masterpiece. WW is an odyssey. I don't have much to say on it. It's wild, I find myself really vanishing into that one, just sinking far into the lyrics. An opus incoming. Again. She's relentless

the let-go at " screaaaaamed for thheeeeeeem, screaaaaaamed for theeeeemmmm"

she literally didn't have to say anything about the release bc the music simply speaks for itself and her

UV/Honeymoon

2 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

the let-go at " screaaaaamed for thheeeeeeem, screaaaaaamed for theeeeemmmm"

she literally didn't have to say anything about the release bc the music simply speaks for itself and her

I could live with her choosing radio silence if we just knew we could rely on dates. I would take that. Being silent and also a bit of a serial liar when it comes to dates is exhausting lol

4 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

I could live with her choosing radio silence if we just knew we could rely on dates. I would take that. Being silent and also a bit of a serial liar when it comes to dates is exhausting lol

i mean I guess at least we have these 3 tracks to listen to while waiting but no yeah same it defo wouldn't hurt if we got some more news so we could pace things out. here's to the benefit of the doubt tho

UV/Honeymoon

7 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

I was expected more from Mike also... WW is more a composer moment then a producer moment. Kinda dissapointing

maybe just take the song for what it is and not what you wanted it to be, that usually helps me

3 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

After listening to the three tracks, I would love if the album cover was something simple, serene, and muted.

I think it would be really fitting to have the visuals contrast the very intense lyricism but also reflect the classicism of the production/sound. This album feels like it’s going to dive into a lot of the psyche prefacing Lana Del Rey as we know her, so I think a simple portrait would be perfect. 

I made this “painted” one - I think it matches the music well  :flutter:

1489-D7-CC-FFC7-4-E32-89-E4-4-EAA5920-EA

This is gorgeous! 

Speaking of portraits I think Lana should commission Joan Baez to paint an album cover :nails: Considering the Diamonds and Rust reference and her lyrical approach lately has been very poetic (VBOTG’s cover art) — I would be here for it 

7a489a16ce1d35d7a8253fa33e350a39.gif

16 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

maybe just take the song for what it is and not what you wanted it to be, that usually helps me

Mike hyped it up and said it was fire, and after it was released he admitted he went lowkey on it so "she could shine" (which is justifiable, but nothing about the production is fire imo)

Also why she got a hip hop/synth producer to just do some background department store piano chords is a mystery

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 minute ago, cherri said:

This is gorgeous! 

Speaking of portraits I think Lana should commission Joan Baez to paint an album cover :nails: Considering the Diamonds and Rust reference and her lyrical approach lately has been very poetic (VBOTG’s cover art) — I would be here for it 

Thank you, means so much coming from the queen of painted portraits :krylie: 

I agree! I really feel like Lana’s on this path to becoming a very sophisticated songwriter whose lyrics are becoming more and more poetic and personal. Joni Mitchell’s painted album covers are beautiful and I love Joan’s paintings, I would love if Lana did a painted cover :wub:

I don't think the album cover is gonna be the same one she used for the single cover for the simple fact that it literally never is. I can see it being really pretty, but also quite lowkey. Like, midwestern subtlety but in a hot way. I think this would be a good era to bring the car theme back for the cover, maybe with her near a black truck and hair like the clip she posted from the Blue Banisters video. In reality though, I'm sure it's going to be much less extravagant than what I have in mind

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I don't think the album cover is gonna be the same one she used for the single cover for the simple fact that it literally never is. I can see it being really pretty, but also quite lowkey. Like, midwestern subtlety but in a hot way. I think this would be a good era to bring the car theme back for the cover, maybe with her near a black truck and hair like the clip she posted from the Blue Banisters video. In reality though, I'm sure it's going to be much less extravagant than what I have in mind

It's definitely going to be the single cover, I almost guarantee it at this point

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

It's definitely going to be the single cover, I almost guarantee it at this point

Unmanifesting this :bebe:

imageproxy.jpg

9 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I don't think the album cover is gonna be the same one she used for the single cover for the simple fact that it literally never is.

All the singles have the same picture but edited differently for covers, which she hasn’t done before, so I could see the album cover being that picture again, but possibly another edit of it :oic3::omfg:

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

1 minute ago, recklessdaughter said:

All the singles have the same picture but edited differently for covers, which she hasn’t done before, so I could see the album cover being that picture again, but possibly another edit of it :oic3::omfg:

we’re doomed 

lana my sister is a photographer based in la jolla, feel free to hit her up :sass:

50 minutes ago, Diamantes WILD said:

was admiring her album covers on vinyl and the special editions. the music's perfect to listen to while listening to cocc and I NEEEEEEED to see what the cover's gonna look like.

it’s gonna be the selfie...