Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

4 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

All the singles have the same picture but edited differently for covers, which she hasn’t done before, so I could see the album cover being that picture again, but possibly another edit of it :oic3::omfg:

Honestly, if she just didn't edit it and put text on the regular selfie, I'd be totally fine with that :whatever2:

imageproxy.jpg

She’s owning the whole narrative that her artworks are “bad” by making that selfie the artwork. I don’t see how that’s different from Taylor Swift, for example, owning her reputation of being a “snake” and employing the snake as a symbol for her album. Yes, it’s not aesthetically pleasing compared to her other covers, but that is the whole point.

For anyone who’s struggling to reconcile the cover and her usual creative output, maybe frame it like this: Lana’s true genius is in her intent and artists provoke thought, even if it’s not conventionally appealing. She’s doing just that, which, to me, shows artistic growth/evolution (in a sense)! 

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

She’s owning the whole narrative that her artworks are “bad” by making that selfie the artwork. I don’t see how that’s different from Taylor Swift, for example, owning her reputation of being a “snake” and employing the snake as a symbol for her album. Yes, it’s not aesthetically pleasing compared to her other covers, but that is the whole point.

For anyone who’s struggling to reconcile the cover and her usual creative output, maybe frame it like this: Lana’s true genius is in her intent and artists provoke thought, even if it’s not conventionally appealing. She’s doing just that, which, to me, shows artistic growth/evolution (in a sense)! 

sure

the cover art is just lazy and shitty

4 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

So eloquently said and totally agree! I may not love the cover but I do love the intent behind it and the fact that she is doubling down. I'm a bit of a stubborn ass myself so I relate lol!

Just now, Peace said:

sure

the cover art is just lazy and shitty

Well I’m sure there’s a reason for that, which would be what I said up there. I don’t think Lana would make an artwork bad just for the fun of it. It’s to make a statement (at least I think so)!

I honestly would be fine with the first BB selfie in the blue jean shirt, that or that screen still from the BB teaser with her and Clay looking up towards the sky.

33 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I disagree - it's very obvious that she sees criticism as blanket hate and doesn't thoughtfully consider any of it (even if it's constructive). In HER mind, people's complaint about the COCC cover was the lack of inclusion (even though absolutely no one was complaining about that) so it doesn't make sense to make it a selphie of a blonde white woman (herself) as a "fuck you" in response (well, in a way it does ... but it'd be a very very cringe way to respond to such criticism). Also, she's used selphies long before now as well (MAC, DT, Hope, and VB was a picture of a house and some trees), so this isn't some new genius ploy of hers.

I don't think it's that deep; she's just lazy and likes to use selphies.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

3 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

eclipse and boz keep saying “trust the process” so i’m hoping this obsession of her using the same car selfie will make sense to us soon and hopefully we’ll get a decent cover in the end

More likely one or both got in trouble so that's all they can say :agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

8 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I disagree - it's very obvious that she sees criticism as blanket hate and doesn't thoughtfully consider any of it (even if it's constructive). In HER mind, people's complaint about the COCC cover was the lack of inclusion (even though absolutely no one was complaining about that) so it doesn't make sense to make it a selphie of a blonde white woman (herself) as a "fuck you" in response. Also, she's used selphies long before now as well (MAC, DT, Hope, and VB was a picture of a house and some trees), so this isn't some new genius ploy of hers.

I don't think it's that deep; she's just lazy and likes to use selphies.

I think the selfies for the other singles you mentioned were a different case, though, because they weren’t edited to look this extreme (for example, some users have pointed out that there appears to be bruises edited onto her on only 2 out of the 3 single covers, and in those songs, she mentions her relationship with her parents).

Maybe in the past, the use of a selfie was just out of convenience but given the lyrical density of the songs we heard, I personally think that the selfie has some sort of significance.

If she does come out and say there was no reason to use it, then I’d give you that   :hide: but I’m not so sure - maybe when the album comes out we’ll know! 

49 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Not that I want things to necessarily be this way, but she already gave us what we needed to know: cover and date* (*date subject to change lmaooo)

At this point we should stop looking for excuses and accept that this is the cover, I'm not going to lie to myself, I hate that cover. It almost feels like revenge from Lana for criticizing the Chemtrails cover.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

very unpopular opinion but i really couldn't care less about the album cover if the music's good :xgiggle: personally i don't think it's a great cover... but if that's the album cover i'll accept it, it could be worse... which i know is saying a lot because it's a picsart edit :whatever2:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Guys. What's BOZ twitter?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I think maybe the selfie was like the moment when she realized some things about herself, chuck's photos weren't so bad, she shot some great stuff before, but bc she brings out a kind of edginess to lana, i'd prefer someone else to shoot the voer. at least, from the music we've heard so far. her brother is strange af but her mojo shoot was actually unusual n his vibe might match the music when i think about it

UV/Honeymoon

Guys, this is the vengeance album. Did you think we were going to escape unscathed? The cover will be that "selphie". It's her revenge on us. :hide: