Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I'm so eager to spend my money now. When will be the pre-order? Is there a link yet? And she still posted nothing about the singles she's just dropped so far ??

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

18 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I think the selfies for the other singles you mentioned were a different case, though, because they weren’t edited to look this extreme (for example, some users have pointed out that there appears to be bruises edited onto her on only 2 out of the 3 single covers, and in those songs, she mentions her relationship with her parents).

Maybe in the past, the use of a selfie was just out of convenience but given the lyrical density of the songs we heard, I personally think that the selfie has some sort of significance.

If she does come out and say there was no reason to use it, then I’d give you that   :hide: but I’m not so sure - maybe when the album comes out we’ll know! 

I mean it could be that it has some significance (as you say, the bruises). I'm sure she had reasons for picking all of the selphies she's picked as covers but I was just saying that I don't think she picked it to take the piss out of people who think her artwork is bad.

I still think it's a lazy option for a cover, but eh. It's about the music.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

very unpopular opinion but i really couldn't care less about the album cover if the music's good :xgiggle: personally i don't think it's a great cover... but if that's the album cover i'll accept it, it could be worse... which i know is saying a lot because it's a picsart edit :whatever2:

ditto on if the music's good, but for me, the style has to look like there's been some kind of masterful effort to it. I know a lot of people hated the cocc album cover, but it was still balanced and im sure it holds a lot of meaning. I remember the DT cover as well as even the more "crafty" parts of the NFR cover, in relation to her overly saturated edits, and i can understand what it might bring but it just looked so terribly flat. 

the border focus wasn't necessary imo. 

UV/Honeymoon

The day Spotify allows you to change album artwork, which is soon - it's over for album covers in general I hope y'all know that

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, Peace said:

sure

the cover art is just lazy and shitty

I don’t know if you can call the cover art lazy. Showing up at the set of a photoshoot, pose and let others create the outcome sounds more lazy than her creating the idea she has in mind herself. Exactly the way she visualizes the atmosphere she’d like to see. 

It might seem lazy, I agree, but it is part of her brand. Creating her own visuals.

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

The Chemtrails cover has definitely grown on me, especially seeing it in vinyl at the stores! It looks very dark and I can say that I enjoy it. With that being said, I don’t believe this cover will grow on me for shit. I feel that these are definitely the single covers though.

giphy.gif

You can call the cover(s) bad, but you can't call them lazy. These are deliberate, and you don't have to like them (and lots of people don't), but I think she's definitely proving something by generating the comments she is. She's just released the three most personal songs of her career, after a decade of being accused of being a persona, a fake, an industry plant, someone whose career was bought by her father, inauthentic, etc etc. The decaying photographs, in series, work like a Warhol sequence, which are also 'basic' and 'fake', but in a deliberate way.

setmarilyn.jpg?v=1561746021

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

here's a cropped version of the selfie 

Spoiler

KZ4jER7.jpg
something like w/o the border. this isn't my thing mind the font n effects etc. 
pgFeAlm.png
or even something like: 
HUChEZI.png

diff from:
lana-del-rey.jpg or 3DlQxSD.jpg

2 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

You can call the cover(s) bad, but you can't call them lazy. These are deliberate, and you don't have to like them (and lots of people don't), but I think she's definitely proving something by generating the comments she is. She's just released the three most personal songs of her career, after a decade of being accused of being a persona, a fake, an industry plant, someone whose career was bought by her father, inauthentic, etc etc. The decaying photographs, in series, work like a Warhol sequence, which are also 'basic' and 'fake', but in a deliberate way.

setmarilyn.jpg?v=1561746021

the difference in this is that the artist knew when to stop embellishing. 

UV/Honeymoon

Let's be real, there are much worse covers out there on albums that have sold millions of copies. Get the fuck over it. You don't have to like it, no one is forcing you to. Example:

81s+i2hv-eL._SL1500_.jpg

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

57 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

eclipse and boz keep saying “trust the process” so i’m hoping this obsession of her using the same car selfie will make sense to us soon and hopefully we’ll get a decent cover in the end

When did they say to trust the process? Before or after the singles dropped

i trust the process but I wish we had a little more clarification, 

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

Let's be real, there are much worse covers out there on albums that have sold millions of copies. Get the fuck over it. Example:

Hide contents

81s+i2hv-eL._SL1500_.jpg

Damn I actually kind of loved this cover. The album, not so much.

f9da8b3aee8139f5272b25f6c2fa7d6e.gif

Just now, The First Who Ever Did said:

Damn I actually kind of loved this cover. The album, not so much.

It's so stupid and ridiculous, way worse than a selfie

but I liked the music