Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

38 minutes ago, sweetcinnamoncherry said:

The Jimmy Fallon performance was December 14th, so I think @Distantly 's theory is totally possible haha

How when it was filmed just before it was televised? Lmlylaw came out in October with a video , she was also blonde in October.. the jf performance was clearly not originally intended for any music video,  its a literally live performance with a live band and singers 

18 minutes ago, SharktoothBlues said:

its a literally live performance with a live band and singers 

it's prerecorded, she's not performing live in that clip :) just to throw my two cents in, personally i think the BB snippet video is from a scrapped TJF video that was filmed the same day that performance was!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

The LMLYLAW performance was obviously pre recorded but there's no way that was going to be the official video and that the BB snippet are outtakes from that. I mean, the performance was the whole song already, it makes no sense that the other scenes were for that.

giphy.gif

don’t lana and her management have to go through some legal process in order to gain rights from the footage if it were from jimmy fallon? i doubt they would go through all that just for a couple scenes

33 minutes ago, SharktoothBlues said:

How when it was filmed just before it was televised? Lmlylaw came out in October with a video , she was also blonde in October.. the jf performance was clearly not originally intended for any music video,  its a literally live performance with a live band and singers 

As others said, it was a pre-recorded performance, filmed sometime in November/December. Just because LMLYLAW was released in October, that doesn't mean she was filming a music video for it then.

Based off Lana's hair style, makeup, and (possibly) the location, I think its totally possible that it was filmed in the same session (or at least within the same few days)

Think about the white dress music video, and how there's shots of Lana singing, and shots of the girl skating and waitressing with the other people. Its possible that the fallon performance video was going to be split with scenes of Lana and clay in a similar way (but for a music video, not for the fallon performance)

That said, its also totally possible that they were filmed for two different songs (like maybe for Tulsa Jesus Freak) and the fallon performance was truly filmed just for that purpose

I don’t think the clips from the BB snippet were recycled from a scrapped video for a song off Chemtrails - by the time she filmed it (November 24, 2020) she already had at least 4 songs for this album (BB, TB, Dealer, RCS/LYTAN). Plus, I don’t think she would cast her fiancé in a video for a song about an ex.

It’s possible that the full BB video is coming OR it’s like the MAC/VB visualizers, with Lana just overlaying a brief part of BB on a video for something else that’s coming later. 

I'm pretty positive the video is really just blue banisters music video

the visuals and vibe she's giving are pretty fitting, the colors are dark and blue and she looks contemplative

it gives absolutely zero tulsa jesus freak vibes 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

If Lana were to break the art cover tradition, again, then I hope it's a textless cover (if she decides to use the selphie)

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

listening to Blue balls and WW after Terrence and God knows i tried:eartha2: the fact that she doesnt give a f about production anymore is so fucking annoying. everything went downhill when we lost Rick. Terrence thats how u make a ballad. we didnt know that we had it all but nobody warns u before the fall:kum:

I highly doubt the video is for BB because the press release called it a buzz single and she’s never had a full blown video for a buzz single. She probably repurposed the video for the BB snippet and when the lead single comes, it’ll come with the video she shared 

"Don’t forget me"

3 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

listening to Blue balls and WW after Terrence and God knows i tried:eartha2: the fact that she doesnt give a f about production anymore is so fucking annoying. everything went downhill when we lost Rick. Terrence thats how u make a ballad. we didnt know that we had it all but nobody warns u before the fall:kum:

And considering the fact that I used to DESPISE Terrance when it was released.

I would rather have another HM than another poorly produced record that was made on 2007 era Audacity. :brandy:

MIKE THE FLOP AND JACK JACKOFF WILL NEVER BE DADDY NOWELS AND KING AUERBACH. :oprah3:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

10 minutes ago, rosesofsaigon said:

And considering the fact that I used to DESPISE Terrance when it was released.

I would rather have another HM than another poorly produced record that was made on 2007 era Audacity. :brandy:

MIKE THE FLOP AND JACK JACKOFF WILL NEVER BE DADDY NOWELS AND KING AUERBACH. :oprah3:

im giving Mike more time cuz im sure Lana made him produce and mix in like 3 days:ma: but yeah feel like shit just want rick back. Now nfr and cocc sound like hyperpop in comparision. Really thought the bar couldnt get any lower but here we r:eartha2:

1 minute ago, Lustformoney said:

im giving Mike more time cuz im sure Lana made him produce and mix in like 3 days:ma: but yeah feel like shit just want rick back. Now nfr and cocc sound like hyperpop in comparision. Really thought the bar couldnt get any lower but here we r:eartha2:

Lana giving up Rick Nowels is like giving up a sugar daddy for a broke ass incel.

I miss Rick’s grand strings and that bombarding bass. It sounds like home. :oprah:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY