Elle

Blue Banisters - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

41 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I don’t think the clips from the BB snippet were recycled from a scrapped video for a song off Chemtrails - by the time she filmed it (November 24, 2020) she already had at least 4 songs for this album (BB, TB, Dealer, RCS/LYTAN). Plus, I don’t think she would cast her fiancé in a video for a song about an ex.

It’s possible that the full BB video is coming OR it’s like the MAC/VB visualizers, with Lana just overlaying a brief part of BB on a video for something else that’s coming later. 

Why did she lie about not having 4 songs for her next record?

Just now, Surf Noir said:

is it wrong that i don't really care about a music video? i mostly care about the music itself...:die:

I only care if the video is good and adds something to the experience 

unlike what she’s done recently imho 

like Ride MV really elevates the song for me

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

is it wrong that i don't really care about a music video? i just care about the music itself...:die:

Lana doesn’t need music videos when her voice paints it for us.

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

42 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

listening to Blue balls and WW after Terrence and God knows i tried:eartha2: the fact that she doesnt give a f about production anymore is so fucking annoying. everything went downhill when we lost Rick. Terrence thats how u make a ballad. we didnt know that we had it all but nobody warns u before the fall:kum:

this just proves how quick to judge and superficial some of y'all are. I swear 50% of her fans spend their stan years complaining and wishing she'd do whatever they want her to do and 5 years later they're like omg this was so good she snapped... lol. nobody and nothing went downhill (only the visuals lol)

20 minutes ago, Mike Will Leak It said:

Why did she lie about not having 4 songs for her next record?

I will to this day defend her about this. She was clearly talking about when she was ‘done’ with Chemtrails, and it was true. Her and Jack didn’t get to even finish the record so it makes perfect sense she wouldn’t have 4 tracks for the next record, and she wasn’t going to announce or talk about her next record when the interview was for the lead single of an album still months away. 

I know her track record isn’t the best but she didn’t go into the interview just to lie, she had to be smart about what she said

"Don’t forget me"

19 minutes ago, Mike Will Leak It said:

I only care if the video is good and adds something to the experience 

unlike what she’s done recently imho 

like Ride MV really elevates the song for me

not yall forgetting the existence of COCC MV when it's literally top 5 MV she has ever done minimum

5 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I will to this day defend her about this. She was clearly talking about when she was ‘done’ with Chemtrails, and it was true. Her and Jack didn’t get to even finish the record so it makes perfect sense she wouldn’t have 4 tracks for the next record, and she wasn’t going to announce or talk about her next record when the interview was for the lead single of an album still months away. 

I know her track record isn’t the best but she didn’t go into the interview just to lie, she had to be smart about what she said

I totally agree! By the time she finished Norman (mid-2019) she already had White Dress, White Hot Forever, Wild at Heart, and Let Me Love You Like a Woman. 

By the time she finished Chemtrails in summer 2020 she only had (at least we can only speculate) Dealer and RCS/LYTAN, but maybe those weren’t contenders for the album at the time. I think once she had BB and TB in October 2020, she had a clearer picture (since Gabe Simon said those songs started the record) and everything that she had just kind of written over the last year came into fruition as full songs over the last 7 months. 

7 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

this just proves how quick to judge and superficial some of y'all are. I swear 50% of her fans spend their stan years complaining and wishing she'd do whatever they want her to do and 5 years later they're like omg this was so good she snapped... lol. nobody and nothing went downhill (only the visuals lol)

production and good mixing did :bebe:

18 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Yeah no:oprah3: if u think WW n BB r produced as good as Salvatore or Terrence then idk what to tell u. They sound like they were made in 10 mins on garageband

8 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Yeah no:oprah3: if u think WW n BB r produced as good as Salvatore or Terrence then idk what to tell u. They sound like they were made in 10 mins on garageband

i can understand why the production in wildflower wildfire is off-putting, but blue banisters' production sounds completely normal and fine? there's nothing rough about it, and honestly just because it doesn't have the most immaculate-sounding production doesn't mean it's any less of a quality, meaningful song, they are low-key and confessional, while salvatore & terrence loves you are more cinematic, and they are almost six years old, i don't think it's a completely fair comparison

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

31 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Where are your ears? They sound like they were recorded on a dated software program on windows 95. That piano is caca compared to Rick’s luxurious keys. 

IT. SOUNDS. LIKE. ASS. :wtf:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

I think she might wanna prove something by not going into cinematic productions again

her music is now relying on her WORDS only

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Guys. How many tracks are you thinking will fit for this album? I really want a 16-track album energy back like Lust for Life used to.???

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Just now, Tropico Angel said:

Guys. How many tracks are you thinking will fit for this album? I really want a 16-track album energy back like Lust for Life used to.???

I want at least 14 no 11 bullshit

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

7 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

I think she might wanna prove something by not going into cinematic productions again

her music is now relying on her WORDS only

I agree, I believe in her visions and whats she has in stored. I'd rather let her experiences 'new things' (even if she fails) than see her stays safe and gets boring.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing